Posted (edited)

Two of the most prolific musicians who released the most studio albums ;

Buckethead 302 albums

Snip-it_1715230738233.jpg.6453986265f0b8346820cb709ec62a4f.jpg

" The masked virtuoso who was raised by chicken. Played with Guns and Roses, Primus, Colonel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie's Brains, Praxis, Corn Bugs, El Stew, and the list goes on...and still had enough time to release 302 solo albums. 28 of those albums in 2017 alone."

-web

Frank Zappa with 109 albums

Snip-it_1715230806705.jpg.d35820ada102d8bfa40e63e7a0c14441.jpg

This prolific musician was considering adding a presidency to his hit-parade.

They say had he lived he was the most promising candidate. His political ideologies blended well with the popular sentiments of his time. His advice was traditional and golden, "don't you eat that yellow snow!" 🤣

Edited by Avoiceinthecrowd

Posted (edited)

2982212677721866.jpg.5dd69953e682ee79c6b8d5b43d0c5462.jpg

This is an interesting thing to ponder. Is it really that much of an inconvenience to switch guitars between songs, of course not. I think the idea is the inconvenience of switching mid-song. At first I was thinking it had to do with the resonance of the wood when hooked up with quality pickups. A density the musician wants all his strings fastened to. This also implies the shifting to alternate necks is frequent and fast in songs performed by musicians using these multi-neck guitars. Does all that added pull require built-in special braces?

Posted (edited)

2012-06-12_205044.jpg.9cd06ea283e51dd770f5d20db1b00bf9.jpg

Edgar Winters. Albino rocker. Awesome performer.

Below and recorded with Rick Derringer is the song "Free Ride" that was part of the movie "Air America's" opening credits starring Mel Gibson and Robert Downy Jr. ;

On 5/9/2024 at 6:12 AM, Avoiceinthecrowd said:

Two of the most prolific musicians who released the most studio albums ;

Buckethead 302 albums

Snip-it_1715230738233.jpg.6453986265f0b8346820cb709ec62a4f.jpg

" The masked virtuoso who was raised by chicken. Played with Guns and Roses, Primus, Colonel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie's Brains, Praxis, Corn Bugs, El Stew, and the list goes on...and still had enough time to release 302 solo albums. 28 of those albums in 2017 alone."

-web

Frank Zappa with 109 albums

Snip-it_1715230806705.jpg.d35820ada102d8bfa40e63e7a0c14441.jpg

This prolific musician was considering adding a presidency to his hit-parade.

They say had he lived he was the most promising candidate. His political ideologies blended well with the popular sentiments of his time. His advice was traditional and golden, "don't you eat that yellow snow!" 🤣

Eric Johnson takes some beating for my money. I particularly like where the main riff comes in at 2:43 ...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

In the movie "Mars Attacks", featuring Jack Nicholson taking on several roles in a star studded cast, earth is invaded by ruthless hypocritical aliens and just when mankind is expecting the worst fate, no weapons could stop them,  it was accidentally discovered that the next song would make their heads explode 🤣

Slim Whitman saves humanity with his "Indian Love Call" melody ;

13 hours ago, webtrekker said:

Eric Johnson takes some beating for my money. I particularly like where the main riff comes in at 2:43 ...

The speed and precision in those fingers is mindboggling. He has his carpel tunnel in overdrive. Good tune. Glad to know him. Thanks.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Blast from the past...the restaurant dining booth jukebox. Been there done that 😁

Snip-it_1715490815179.jpg.2b35204ae31511926587237ea0b122c0.jpg

The selections of tunes was acceptable but don't expect great classical choices to create a mood to promote proper digestion. Worst yet was when your neighboring booths are playing different tunes and what you end up hearing is the net differential frequencies. Robotics managing vinyl disks.

Our little friend's bigger brother. When you really need to rock the joint ;

Snip-it_1715490682327.jpg.25b4577366c645fed88f402ee26a2ea6.jpg

Snip-it_1715491659478.jpg.85ed85019a098f1c411a31241b58ad00.jpg

160 songs catalogue. My tiny 160Gb Ipod Classic has 4200. Storage medium densities keep increasing exponentially. May we live in interesting times indeed.

• Like 1

Those that recall the movie "Ghost" will remember the erotic segment where Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore are intimate while they spin pottery. In our time the scene appears harmless but back then producers were going out on a limb.

Tastefully done it's sensuality was amplified by the Righteous Brothers "Unchained Melody" ;

Posted (edited)

REO Speedwagon's "Roll With The Changes" featured in the Steve Jobs movie ;

The song was also featured in the party scene of the horror film "Cabin In The Woods".

Available music video too graphic. See the movie if this genre is your type. It takes gore to a new level 

Posted (edited)

Time eats away at a song's popularity in the mainstream as new music steps in and dominates the available listening time and the available music dollars.

New generations of listeners, for lack of mainstream exposure to those older tunes, grow up and enter the market never having been exposed to the vintage retro melodies and rock.

The musicians that owned the original rights to their music also aged and many were unable to conserve their gains and fell on hard times. Most of those sold their rights to monied interests. Whatever happens to the music after the sale if the sale was unconditional is no longer the concern of the seller.

Whatever is done with their former property they must grin and bear but occasionally the song is used tastefully and in a relevant manner and then perhaps the sale doesn't 'smart' so much.

Far too often a bought melody is butchered in scenes of human carnage or wanton disregard for human decency and this must infuriate the divested original composer that sold it.

So, why would anyone buy the rights to those tunes that have outlived their 'hit' value? How can you reanimate and monetize a relic from the past?

The answer lies in the fact that the Guardians of the Galaxy movie franchise has 43 vintage songs. The music was transformed into a background layer that increased the interest in, and value of, these movies.

The music was helping the movie earn. Remove those songs from the Guardians movies to see what the songs add to the value.

Those producers of original music that conserved their gains and physical/mental health are in a better position to negotiate directly with the movie studios for conditional onetime use.

Far better rates than the pittance handed out to destitute musicians that have squandered their fortunes and trashed their health with abusive consumption of hard drugs or alcohol or just plain old bad luck.

Some destitutions may have been engineered by third parties seeking to appropriate wealth by subterfuge.

Songs of "Guardians of the Galaxy" Vol 3 ;

Snip-it_1715548512243.jpg.1c434d0b4f5f2ffdae8377680f0d6ff7.jpgSnip-it_1715548524736.jpg.7e78a27687b2a3e4a90956827a4ee1f4.jpg

How many of these songs were acquired for pennies-on-the-dollar?

Chris Pratt in the opening scenes of "Guardians of the Galaxy 1" with "Come And Get Your Love" playing in the background ;

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I recall my first cassette Sony Walkman. Bear in mind readers that the cd or ipods have not arrived yet, this '79.

If I had to say, besides it's remarkable sound quality, I think the lasting impression it left was a new form of freedom of movement and letting the music score your physical activities and spontaneous moments of relaxation or meditation.

From big amps to pocket size was miraculous.

Of course it was also plagued, like full size tape cassette players, with tape travel rubber rollers accumulating environmental dust and oils and grabbing and eating the tape.

Correcting that on a tiny player was harder than fixing the tabletop models. I needed my Starrett jewellers screwdrivers 😁

My first Walkman was exactly like this one ;

Snip-it_1715563806769.jpg.0518b9cb71b23256fdf8dde8a2a33d7b.jpg

A cracked mainboard from an impact retired it.

For sure it was nice to have so many portable songs. No more waiting for the radio to finally play your favorites.

Liberating, if I had to describe it in one word. Exciting and new and oblivious to what was still to come.

Read more here ;

Snip-it_1715563933558.jpg.fae2dc3856c7e15848dc1f81f63eb71d.jpg

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/innovation/walkman-invention-40-years-ago-launched-cultural-revolution-180972552/

Snippit from the article ;

20240512_215521.jpg.455cd5624094f62e57eb13b92ff1eac8.jpg