I recall this next musical artist described as New Age and was played in segments devoted to New Age. New Age had it's quota of greats and I hope to getting around to a few of those I enjoyed most.

Meet Andreas Vollenweider, New Age harpist. Performing his "Dancing With The Lion" live in 1989 ;

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Avoiceinthecrowd said:

Give me a P90 and put on AC/DCs "Thunderstruck" and I'm become a slave to rebellion 🤣

Brian Johnson was a local and I met him once at a party in Whickham, of all places, near Gateshead/Newcastle. Great guy. He liked nothing better than coming home and having a few jars with his mates in Heaton Buffs club.

• Like 2

If I ever confronted an alien being that wanted me to describe the spirit that resides in us, I might have it listen to my musical library, take a copy back home to it's world.

We see in our music the spiritual forces that define us, makes us unique as it shapes our views of our world and how we fit into it.

I picture this alien in my mind returning home and gathering his fellow aliens around a playing device and they hear this song:

They will unanimously vote to abort their plans and preserve us as cherished neighboring entities 😁

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Rio Bravo (1959) was a popular John Wayne western movie also starring Dean Martin, Ricky Nelson and Walter Brennan. This next clip is from this great movie and Martin shares the lead with Nelson in this lovely ballad waxing nostalgic about the 'herd'ships of the cowboy trail, enjoy ;

Edited by Avoiceinthecrowd
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Another legend of the music scene is the incredibly versatile singer and actor, Sting. Convincing in either role. Most will remember him from his acting role in the Dune movie reboot. 

Snip-it_1717269480236.jpg.b44399d2d9906250c5591265f1f6628c.jpg

Here is Sting with my favorite, "Fortress Around Your Heart" ;

• Like 1

Gino Vanelli is a local guy raised in Montreal. His list of hits is impressive but for this presentation I chose his most radical departure from his customary writing style and took us to a visually rich shadow world of gender adventures, Gino Vanelli with "Black Cars" ;

9 hours ago, webtrekker said:

The guys that started it all off for me in the 60's.

Wow! They are fabulous. I guess that's what they call getting off to a great start in music enjoyment. Glad to hear them. New to me but on it's way to archive and playlist housing 😁

4 hours ago, Avoiceinthecrowd said:

Wow! They are fabulous. I guess that's what they call getting off to a great start in music enjoyment. Glad to hear them. New to me but on it's way to archive and playlist housing 😁

Hank Marvin (The Shadows) and Mark Knopfler (dire Straits) were both born locally here in the Newcastle area. This is a rare performance by both o them at Wembly '85 playing the wonderful @Going Home' theme from the movie 'Local Hero.'

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Roxy Music's lead vocalist Brian Ferry reminding us just how valuable his contributions have been and how appreciated he was in my intimate pseudo-music-clubhouse fraternity 😁 "More Than This" ;

Worth a double-header ; "Don't Stop The Dance" ;

• Like 1

Next a song most people pretended to find racy and distasteful. The church was losing it's grip and social mores were relaxing somewhat but if anything in music can be described as ahead of it's time it's this bold and highly rythmic score carries the even bolder lyrics. Rough Trade with "High School Confidential" ;