Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, webtrekker said:

For those thinking Conscription might be a good idea ...

One more to make you think,with all the wars over the last god knows how long don't you find it funny that there are no modern protest songs of any note

Edited by peter
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

They say it is in times of great human strife that man's creative mind reaches it's apex. Not having experienced the kind of strife my brothers and sisters did elsewhere in the world I can only attest to the great volumes of creativity in peacetime.

Having said that I have gone deep down certain rabbit holes and found them horrible but punctuated by stunning artistic beauty in the medium used to relate them, describe them.

Written and artistic masterpieces and amazing music.

Covid was perceived by the majority as a grand human tragedy yet it spawned creative videos like this "Conspiracy Girl" ;

Edited by Avoiceinthecrowd
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Jose Feliciano was filling the air and airwaves in his time. My father had a 8-track tape of his for the car. Heard a ton of Herb Alpert too. The 8-track was a short-lived portable storage medium.

Snip-it_1717191623614.jpg.857e25a47b6c3c84de68cbb0e7fe3e01.jpg

Here is Jose Feliciano's very popular "California Dreaming" ;

This song was featured in the movie "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood".

Edited by Avoiceinthecrowd

If any musical pitch can be said to define a particular region of the world it has to be the Scottish bagpipers enchanting and soothing melody. Next we have a short clip that drives this point home perfectly in the Dark Isle Bagpiper's "Scotland the Brave" ;

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, webtrekker said:

A mix of 'Mist Covered Mountains' and 'Greensleeves.'  Brilliant! ...

Sweet blend! It has a march forward theme and a spiritual force driving it to it's destination. Almost magical.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Avoiceinthecrowd said:

Sweet blend! It has a march forward theme and a spiritual force driving it to it's destination. Almost magical.

I always said, if I ever had to go into battle, it would only be to the music of the Pipes & Drums.

All of my life has been spent only an hour's drive away from the Scottish border. I've spent many happy times in Scotland and always loved the music.

Edited by webtrekker
  • Like 1

A master in this genre, Kitaro's music paints beautiful landscapes in the mind. I hesitate to describe the music as new age because it conserves so many traditional musical streams. Then again not sure where the borders of new age intersect at either end with more traditional compositions. Here is Kitaro with the beautiful "Caravansary" (live) ;