12 minutes ago, Avoiceinthecrowd said:

If some guy could make millions selling pet rocks then this guy can be rich too. Hard act to follow 😁

I actually remember this blast from the past. Still sounds better than a lot of today's so-called'music!' 🙉

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Was Boy George the first domino in the chain reaction that drove the gender identification revolution? I mean Bowie and Elton John were "flamboyant" but were not making their appearance a rebellion against traditional models. 

Edited by Avoiceinthecrowd

Posted (edited)

Bands I have seen at the Montreal Forum (18,000 on a sold out concert or half that in a concert bowl partition)

- Joe Cocker

- 10 CC

- The Electric Light Orchestra

- Rick Derringer and Edgar Winters

- Elton John

-David Bowie

-David Guilmore

- Moody Blues

-Emerson, Lake, and Palmer (ELP)

At the Olympic Stadium

- The Police

- Talking Heads

Something totally mystical in being surrounded by tens of thousands of elated fans applauding and whistling and lighting matches that made the place look like a starry night. Shaking the foundations holding up the venue with their rythmic stomping.

The most unusual was the audience for The Moody Blues where the bikers and corporate types were sitting tight together shoulder to shoulder 🤣

Saw Bruce Coburn at a small venue off Ste Catherine street in downtown Montreal.

Fond memories and wish I could have attended many more concerts back then but sort of made up for that by buying their records. I gave up a ticket to see Pink Floyd at the Olympic statium for a pretty girl. As we lounged together I could hear the rumblings of the concert across the St. Laurence river from the south shore where I was. 😁 Apparently those that attended were disappointed in the sound engineering. The geometric shape of the Olympic Stadium was a headache for that since day one. Too much reverbe and echo.

We had ELO tickets for a big saucer concert at the Olympic Stadium but that concert was cancelled and refunds offered.

Posted (edited)

This is how audio should be processed. Vacuum tubes eliminate reverse bias currents typical of semiconductor materials. This is vintage Dynaco MK III but is still relevant in our time;

Snip-it_1714254692191.jpg.75708f0725f9d5930ee350f0986fbd6d.jpg

Another later variation;

Snip-it_1714254731526.jpg.3760de5a8bf14fa818e99cebada5cf6c.jpg

The guys that made these amps started out by making transformers for industry.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

One of my favorite LP record label artworks, 10cc, Deceptive Bends;

Snip-it_1714760751450.jpg.9db00c89d1fc7b870cfae377131d5bf1.jpg

For those wondering what inspired them to name the band 10cc and I'm not certain but people told me it was the amount of male ejaculate. Maybe a name they chose while they never imagined making it bigtime 🤣

This one was a big hit for them;

Back when I saw them they were playing the Montreal Forum concert bowl (9000 people).

The theme song at the closing of the movie FX by Imagination, Just an Illusion. Wish that tune was open source 😁

Factoid that might interest Diana staged death theorists is that her lover, Dodi Fayed produced this movie about staging a death.

I was conquered and colonized by the British Music Invasion that landed on our shores in the late 60s. 😁

So many amazing musicians. For that I am grateful. Can't imagine how much color would have been removed from my life without those awesome contributions. 👍

• Like 2

Anyone remember Free?

'All Right Now' was probably their most famous recording, but they made lots of fine music, in particular this track, which is what inspired me to keep playing my guitar during the 70's.

The 'B' side (and to my mind, the BEST side) of All Right Now ...

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

The Terminator Theme (1984) Live Cover ;

For a theme to a horrible armageddon it is a thing of great beauty. Contrasts only cinema can render.

And some say there is no beauty in our world. It's there for those that want to see it, hear it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Avoiceinthecrowd said:

The Terminator Theme (1984) Live Cover ;

A theme to a horrible armageddon is a thing of beauty. Contrasts only cinema can render. And some say there is no beauty in our world. It's there for those that wish to find it, taste it.

At the other end of the scale - an uplifting tune of epic proportions ...

• Thanks 1