Are you Patriotic?

Mr H

I had a very patriotic upbringing. And I would describe myself as being extremely patriotic up really, until I got into all this conspiracy stuff and also just in recent times, not really recognizing the country or what it stands for.

You know like our history we were taught was bs. Our leaders are paedophiles and satanists. They mass murder innocent folks in other countries. The leaders seem to hate the public and just steal from them or make them sick....

It's kinda difficult to find reasons to be patriotic over a concept which is a nation state, when it has been built upon and by a bunch of criminals.

Not saying other countries are any better. I expect most have similar stories. But that's not my business.

So just wondering, for those who have been able to maintain a sense of patriotism, how? Why?

11 minutes ago, Mr H said:

I had a very patriotic upbringing. And I would describe myself as being extremely patriotic up really, until I got into all this conspiracy stuff and also just in recent times, not really recognizing the country or what it stands for.

You know like our history we were taught was bs. Our leaders are paedophiles and satanists. They mass murder innocent folks in other countries. The leaders seem to hate the public and just steal from them or make them sick....

It's kinda difficult to find reasons to be patriotic over a concept which is a nation state, when it has been built upon and by a bunch of criminals.

Not saying other countries are any better. I expect most have similar stories. But that's not my business.

So just wondering, for those who have been able to maintain a sense of patriotism, how? Why?

same here for me, i went in the opposite direction with time.......it is a bs at the end of the day ,a tool for manipulation 

for some it is hard to "stand alone" so being part of the group which loves its country makes them feel good,important ect.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mr H said:

We don't have a nation state. The nation is the people who are born in the country, the natives or indigenous people and the state is the rulers over the people. Now when you have a state which is not loyal to the native population but is content to see them replaced, that is not a nation state. 

Patriotism derives from patriṓtās, your fellow countrymen. It's a masculine word because that's the history of it, there may be a better word to include females as well as males, but in this language I have become more patriotic as I've grown older. I can now see how the ordinary people have been made to take the blame for the crimes of the  ptb and hate themselves, it's the agenda. So yeah, I'm patriotic towards my people, my tribe but that's not the patriotism of the flag-waving variety as we are an occupied people. 

Edited by Campion
  • Like 3

I was very patriotic when I was a naive young soldier, a young and very fit light infantryman, fast forward fifty years to me as a fat old granddad and now I despise what my country has now become! World wars were fought to make England a 'Land Fit For Heroes' and now it's become a land fit for corrupt politicians, bent lawyers, coppers and bankers, a murderous medical system with complicit doctors and surgeons, any rag tag flotsam and jetsam washed up on to the beaches and demanding asylum, wokism, rampant political correctness, ex military lads and lasses living on the streets, it's perceived as a crime to fly our own flag or to want to see a nativity play at Xmas.

Just what the fuck is there anything to be proud or patriotic about?

• Like 3

On 3/28/2024 at 10:32 PM, Campion said:

We don't have a nation state. The nation is the people who are born in the country, the natives or indigenous people and the state is the rulers over the people. Now when you have a state which is not loyal to the native population but is content to see them replaced, that is not a nation state. 

Patriotism derives from patriṓtās, your fellow countrymen. It's a masculine word because that's the history of it, there may be a better word to include females as well as males, but in this language I have become more patriotic as I've grown older. I can now see how the ordinary people have been made to take the blame for the crimes of the  ptb and hate themselves, it's the agenda. So yeah, I'm patriotic towards my people, my tribe but that's not the patriotism of the flag-waving variety as we are an occupied people. 

Thanks that's an interesting take on patriotism.

I never considered it from this perspective - feelings towards people rather than a country or culture.

It's kind of difficult for me to be patriotic in this manner because the majority of people born here wanted me to be locked up and take a lethal injection and were quite abusive in the streets.

And generally speaking, even before this, I know a few people out of 80million. Just because they were born on the same island as me. I can't vouch for them, because I don't know them. Could be vouching for paedos and all sorts. By vouching I mean having loving feelings of some sort towards them because they were born here. Rather I treat and have feelings for people on an individual basis.

So, just me personally, would find it difficult to be patriotic on these reasons - fellow man born on same island.

@Mr H   That's a fair point and I certainly wouldn't trust just any English people enough to let them into my home merely because we're from the same culture. I can say I do love my people but it's a broad use of the term because I can't be friends with them all.  There's already lot of diversity within my native country and as a northerner it feels very different from the culture in Essex boys example.  

I am envious of other peoples when I see them closing ranks and defending each other against external attacks and insults, whereas there's something in the English psyche at the moment where we don't stand together but are happy to openly criticise, beat ourselves up and wash our dirty laundry in public. As it stands, I don't think our culture can survive very long in this state and I think a certain amount of clubbing together and in-group preference is necessary to just keep going in a competitive and often hostile world. For sure patriotism does idealise and romanticise the nation, and none is perfect, but I do believe that humans need a community around us to survive and prosper, and patriotism is the idea of community expanded onto a national scale. At the very least we need some way to defend ourselves against the relentless divide and rule strategy that's used against us. 

Edited by Campion
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Campion said:

@Mr H   That's a fair point and I certainly wouldn't trust just any English people enough to let them into my home merely because we're from the same culture. I can say I do love my people but it's a broad use of the term because I can't be friends with them all.  There's already lot of diversity within my native country and as a northerner it feels very different from the culture in Essex boys example.  

I am envious of other peoples when I see them closing ranks and defending each other against external attacks and insults, whereas there's something in the English psyche at the moment where we don't stand together but are happy to openly criticise, beat ourselves up and wash our dirty laundry in public. As it stands, I don't think our culture can survive very long in this state and I think a certain amount of clubbing together and in-group preference is necessary to just keep going in a competitive and often hostile world. For sure patriotism does idealise and romanticise the nation, and none is perfect, but I do believe that humans need a community around us to survive and prosper, and patriotism is the idea of community expanded onto a national scale. At the very least we need some way to defend ourselves against the relentless divide and rule strategy that's used against us. 

I would say culture is very different from people being born here. As you point out quite a difference between Essex boy and northerner, add races of folks born here then it's probably so diverse I probably couldn't identity a culture here. 

I'm an Essex boy btw 😀 we're a decent bunch of course, apples and pears and all dat!

Agree with the post though. England is on a mission to not be England as we once knew it anymore. And we're more divided than ever.

Does anyone around here still drinking tea? What's with all this continental coffee drinking?😅

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Campion said:

Me - a proper brew like Yorkshire tea of course 😀 

I love a big pint mug of very strong 'Rosie Lee', always Yorkshire tea of course, I tried Asda's 'Builders Tea' but it was like making love in a punt = I.E. =FUCKING NEXT TO WATER!🥴 And Tetley just doesn't do it for me I'm afraid!👎

• Like 1