Tinnitus article

kh1485

I have expended a lot of money and time buying and reading David Icke's books.  To me, what he says, is the only thing that explains what is going on in the world.  So, I was surprised to see the article on this website about tinnitus, advocating the use of anti-depressants (a huge money-spinner for bigPharma) and Xanax in particular (produced by Pfizer).

Surely, it would be better to feature an article about what causes tinnitus, rather than endorse the use of the most hideous drugs to allay symptoms.

After everything he states in his books, the publishing of this article seems odd in the extreme.

I rang the tinnitus helpline once, but no one had the decency to answer and the phone just kept ringing!🤔

Seriously though, it must be an awful affliction for anyone who suffers from it!

I rang the premature ejaculation clinic and the man asked me where I was ringing from? I said 'from the waist down you pillock'!🤨wetpair.jpg.bc418164a0828be421528010ff405592.jpg

P/S

Welcome to the forum kh1485 👍

Edited by Mr Crabtree
  • Haha 2

It's really an advert dressed up to look like an article. I have a mental post-it note reminding me DON'T BELIEVE ADVERTS.  

It does seem a little out of place here, but maybe David doesn't do all the admin of his site himself and this one slipped through the net. 

https://davidicke.com/2021/05/06/stand-up-to-ringing-how-to-manage-tinnitus-efficiently/  

There is another 'sponsored post' about tinnitus and recommending CBD. Oddly that one doesn't say who it's for, why would someone pay for an advert but not say who they are or give a link etc, to buy their product rather than someone else's. 

https://davidicke.com/2020/11/12/can-cbd-be-used-to-treat-tinnitus/ 

• Like 1

I've had tinnitus since I was in mid twenties ,mostly high pitched hissing or deeper rumble  and learnt to live with it , sometimes can mask it playing acoustic musical instruments  or other sounds and notice it when in a  very quiet room .

Probably caused by  ,slight hearing loss ,nerve damage /mercury or  amplified music not sure really .

Gingko biloba  tea helps I think as improving circulation  , etc

So can if not too severe just accepting it and it probably  is ignored by consciousness lot of time

Other causes can be EMF etc

Edited by Talorgan

I get two types of tinnitus. One is a high pitched noise which goes on and off but seems to be a genuine type. Thanks for the tip about gingko, I'll give it a try. 

The other type is a low pitched rumbling sound which is the worldwide hum, I think that sort is caused by something external. 

• Like 3

On 3/28/2024 at 7:25 PM, Campion said:

I get two types of tinnitus. One is a high pitched noise which goes on and off but seems to be a genuine type. Thanks for the tip about gingko, I'll give it a try. 

The other type is a low pitched rumbling sound which is the worldwide hum, I think that sort is caused by something external. 

Yes I'm sure other herbs are good too ,I go for natural plant not standardized extracts .

Do wonder if some tinnitus is electromagnetic in " origin" 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Talorgan said:

Yes I'm sure other herbs are good too ,I go for natural plant not standardized extracts .

When I lived in a big town I used to be able to hear the WiFi soup I lived in. Now I live in a forest I only get ear ringing when planet frequencies are stronger or if I'm about to get a dream, vision  or 'upgrade' to my spiritual abilities 😏

• Thanks 1

On 3/27/2024 at 7:56 PM, Talorgan said:

I've had tinnitus since I was in mid twenties ,mostly high pitched hissing or deeper rumble  and learnt to live with it , sometimes can mask it playing acoustic musical instruments  or other sounds and notice it when in a  very quiet room .

Probably caused by  ,slight hearing loss ,nerve damage /mercury or  amplified music not sure really .

Gingko biloba  tea helps I think as improving circulation  , etc

So can if not too severe just accepting it and it probably  is ignored by consciousness lot of time

Other causes can be EMF etc

Yes, I first experienced tinnitus when I was younger, probably around the same, mid-twenties. After a few years, it seemed to 'go away', or I somehow stopped noticing it.

It started to come back again a few years ago now. Maybe I just notice it more because I live in a much quieter neighbourhood now.

On 3/28/2024 at 7:25 PM, Campion said:

I get two types of tinnitus. One is a high pitched noise which goes on and off but seems to be a genuine type. The other type is a low pitched rumbling sound which is the worldwide hum, I think that sort is caused by something external. 

I get what 'seems' to be a mix of high-pitched frequencies. Can get quite intense at times. I know I can't physically 'hear' them, but sometimes some seem louder, or more prominent, than others. Then occasionally they'll stop, and there'll just be one frequency, at a lower pitch, which persists for a while, before 'fading out' and the other high-pitched frequencies resume.

• Thanks 2

On 3/31/2024 at 7:16 AM, Talorgan said:

Yes, that thought has occurred to me occasionally, I don't have tinnitus, but my friend Julie's son has it, he's 29 now and has suffered from about 12 years old I think! He says it's in the quietness of the early hours when it's at it's worst! The only 'ringing noise' in my ears is caused by being married, hence my weekly fishing trips where the only noise is the birdsong, oh and that woodpecker tap tapping away like a demented cobbler!download(10).jpg.b2b2ef68a8da8f39cb7238248a13d3b1.jpg

It must be an awful affliction for anyone who suffers from it, they have my sympathy!

Edited by Mr Crabtree
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, webtrekker said:

I put my tinnitus down to listening to relaxing music at The Mayfair, Newcastle, during the '70's ...

Deep Purple

Led Zep

Black Sabbath

Ten Years After

... and many more! 😎

That just made me deaf!

I used to get an interesting ticking/clicking about 3 inches away from my left ear, but it went gradually when I upped my B12 intake, and I haven't had it for a while now

• Thanks 1