Has this happened to you - movie and TV question

Phil26

If this has already been discussed let me know. I find it interesting and I've heard and read about it from many people. If there is another thread please link to it.

The phenomena of watching a movie or TV show, then sometime later watching it again but it has changed. Could be a scene, the ending, a character died/or didn't but they had died before when you watched it, and other things. I suppose it's similar to the Mandela effect but it does seem different also.

Has it happened to you? Which movies or TV was it? What had changed and when? 

I've seen people arguing about this to the point they swear something was a completely different thing, so it's not just bad memory. Sure there must be sometimes when people are wrong about it but it's happening a lot more than that would explain.

2 hours ago, Phil26 said:

If this has already been discussed let me know. I find it interesting and I've heard and read about it from many people. If there is another thread please link to it.

The phenomena of watching a movie or TV show, then sometime later watching it again but it has changed. Could be a scene, the ending, a character died/or didn't but they had died before when you watched it, and other things. I suppose it's similar to the Mandela effect but it does seem different also.

Has it happened to you? Which movies or TV was it? What had changed and when? 

I've seen people arguing about this to the point they swear something was a completely different thing, so it's not just bad memory. Sure there must be sometimes when people are wrong about it but it's happening a lot more than that would explain.

An interesting question mate, and as you say, similar to the Mandela effect, hopefully there should be some thought provoking feedback👍 let's hope so!

22 hours ago, Grumpy Grapes said:

To answer this effectively requires a knowledge of a program's or film's re-edits, censored scenes, etc, which may not be readily available. 

I see what you're saying but most films, and especially TV shows, have big enough plot points that if they change completely it's not an edit.

Also with the internet it's pretty easy to check if there was an objective edit.

I'm referring to people's personal perspective not an objective one.

By your rules no one could discuss the Mandela effect either.

I often wonder whether A.I. is operating a feedback loop via online streaming services, for example...

1) Customise/subtly-mark the video stream in real-time for a particular user/device

2) Identify the human(s) watching the stream by looking for a particular "known / pre-learned" brain activity pattern response for that unique video-stream

3) The human(s) and the A.I. are now sharing the same experience and both have access to the same memory of that experience

4) The A.I. can now identify when the human(s) recall that experience (brain activity pattern matching) and exert influence to alter the experience

Maybe digital TV could be similar but only for certain broadcast areas.

This is just my speculation/theory.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, xpwales said:

I often wonder whether A.I. is operating a feedback loop via online streaming services, for example...

1) Customise/subtly-mark the video stream in real-time for a particular user/device

It would certainly explain a lot. It might explain changes when you rewatch a show or movie.

2) Identify the human(s) watching the stream by looking for a particular "known / pre-learned" brain activity pattern response for that unique video-stream

3) The human(s) and the A.I. are now sharing the same experience and both have access to the same memory of that experience

4) The A.I. can now identify when the human(s) recall that experience (brain activity pattern matching) and exert influence to alter the experience

That's easily doable. The technology, and the system, could do that as you are watching.

With digital rendering and now how they are using images of dead actors, I can see how completely individualised TV shows could be produced. You and your friend could have watched the same TV show but you both get different versions.

Look at the deaging and many other effects. It's easy to create an image of any actors doing anything. 

I wonder how much of this has to do with why the big studios and corporations fought so hard with the actors and writers over AI in the strikes last year.

Maybe digital TV could be similar but only for certain broadcast areas.

This is just my speculation/theory.

It makes a lot of sense.

Two of my friends had a big fight over a show they both liked and talked about. One said he had dropped it after two episodes in season 7 where there were back to back flashbacks and then a whole episode where it was set in a courtroom, which he described as boring. He said at that point it had gone crap and he wasn't going to waste his time on it. The other friend said none of that happened. They agreed to sit down to watch the episodes. The one who has dropped the show could not believe what he was watching, he was truly baffled by the fact episodes were completely different to what he had seen. He was so freaked out by it he wouldn't talk about it after that.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Phil26 said:

Two of my friends had a big fight over a show they both liked and talked about. One said he had dropped it after two episodes in season 7 where there were back to back flashbacks and then a whole episode where it was set in a courtroom, which he described as boring. He said at that point it had gone crap and he wasn't going to waste his time on it. The other friend said none of that happened. They agreed to sit down to watch the episodes. The one who has dropped the show could not believe what he was watching, he was truly baffled by the fact episodes were completely different to what he had seen. He was so freaked out by it he wouldn't talk about it after that.

There is also the "possibility" that they both watched the same episodes/streams (excluding subtle markers encoded to identify the individual streams/observer), and that the two different versions recalled by your friends were due to A.I. post manipulation of the stored experience.

E.g.

1) A.I. maintains it's own virtual copy of the human/memories, then alters its own version of the experience to "push" back onto the human, overriding the original experience

or

2) A.I. has access to universally shared memories (Akashic Records) and somehow manipulates them.

I would love to know the details of how A.I. hacks the brain/consciousness remotely, my gut feeling says it involves a combination of CERN, D.N.A., Water and nano-tech.

• Like 1

The trouble with the Mandela effect (whatever the explanation), as with false memory syndrome and AI fakes videos, is that criminals have, and will, use them to defend themselves against allegations. 

The Ruling Elite will use them to cast doubt on your memories and to rewrite history in Orwellian fashion. 

Edited by Grumpy Grapes
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Grumpy Grapes said:

The trouble with the Mandela effect (whatever the explanation), as with false memory syndrome and AI fakes videos, is that criminals have, and will, use them to defend themselves against allegations. 

The Ruling Elite will use them to cast doubt on your memories and to rewrite history in Orwellian fashion. 

And possibly implant false memories into key witnesses resulting in the conviction of someone who is innocent.

The concept reminds me of the "Minority Report" movie.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, xpwales said:

There is also the "possibility" that they both watched the same episodes/streams (excluding subtle markers encoded to identify the individual streams/observer), and that the two different versions recalled by your friends were due to A.I. post manipulation of the stored experience.

E.g.

1) A.I. maintains it's own virtual copy of the human/memories, then alters its own version of the experience to "push" back onto the human, overriding the original experience

or

2) A.I. has access to universally shared memories (Akashic Records) and somehow manipulates them.

That's certainly possible. I think AI probably uses multiple ways of doing this.

So, what you're saying is that maybe AI altered the memory of one of them even though they both had seen the same or similar episode. That is done at simulation level for other things so it makes sense.

While reading your comment it reminded me of the movie 'Edge of Tomorrow' and how the aliens could reset the day.

Then of course the question is why do they do it? 

Gaslight people into not trusting their own memories. Cause conflict and isolation between people. I've seen people get very angry when disagreements happen over it.

There is also the possibility that when the system sees people coming together in creative agreement (which is what creates reality) the system tries to mess with that. A bit like saying "hey, don't create reality with them, you can't trust them". Then 'divine sparks' use less of their creative power to change things.

9 hours ago, xpwales said:

I would love to know the details of how A.I. hacks the brain/consciousness remotely, my gut feeling says it involves a combination of CERN, D.N.A., Water and nano-tech.

Absolutely.

4 hours ago, xpwales said:

And possibly implant false memories into key witnesses resulting in the conviction of someone who is innocent.

The concept reminds me of the "Minority Report" movie.

Like the movie "Oblivion", where they have to agree to have their memories wiped, but it's aliens/AI doing it.

Weird how Tom Cruise has done a lot of movies around those similar themes. Thinking about it the latest Mission Impossible is about AI taking over the world and augmenting reality.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phil26 said:

So, what you're saying is that maybe AI altered the memory of one of them even though they both had seen the same or similar episode. That is done at simulation level for other things so it makes sense.

Yes, just my guess though. Centralisation appears to be a common theme for the controllers/architects of the system, so it would be more efficient to alter memory at the simulation level, in preference to altering experience via external tech/services.

3 hours ago, Phil26 said:

While reading your comment it reminded me of the movie 'Edge of Tomorrow' and how the aliens could reset the day.

Yes, and in that movie the alien control was centralised (if I recall) and that centralised-control had to be destroyed (by Cruise and Blunt).

(CERN / Sovereign Jurisdiction / Legal Immunity comes to mind 🤔 )

Gaslight people into not trusting their own memories. Cause conflict and isolation between people. I've seen people get very angry when disagreements happen over it.

Yes , it would enable it to create (conflicting) polarity.

There is also the possibility that when the system sees people coming together in creative agreement (which is what creates reality) the system tries to mess with that. A bit like saying "hey, don't create reality with them, you can't trust them". Then 'divine sparks' use less of their creative power to change things.

That makes sense. It feels like the system is content with motion/collaboration when it has control over it, under it's own terms, but when motion/collaboration moves outside of it's control, it tries throw a spanner in the works or throws "hooks" out to pull motion/collaboration back under its own control.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Phil26 said:

Weird how Tom Cruise has done a lot of movies around those similar themes. Thinking about it the latest Mission Impossible is about AI taking over the world and augmenting reality.

Whats worrying is that some of those themes are post-apocalyptic 😮

If it really is Tom in those movies...

Edited by xpwales
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, xpwales said:

Yes, just my guess though. Centralisation appears to be a common theme for the controllers/architects of the system, so it would be more efficient to alter memory at the simulation level, in preference to altering experience via external tech/services.

Definitely would be more efficient and in line with their interests.

Yes, and in that movie the alien control was centralised (if I recall) and that centralised-control had to be destroyed (by Cruise and Blunt).

(CERN / Sovereign Jurisdiction / Legal Immunity comes to mind 🤔 )

CERN is definitely connected to certain aspects of the simulation. 🤔

Didn't CERN feature in the movie 'Angels and Demons'? 

Yes, the alien was centralised in Edge of Tomorrow at the 'Omega' with 'Alphas' protecting it. The 'Omega' had a consciousness connection to all the 'Mimics' but the 'Omega' was in Paris under the Louvre. There are a lot of occult connections to that site. The pyramid design for example, which in the movie sits right above the Omega.

Interestingly Tom Cruise's character, and Blunt's before him, could only retain their memories on the reset of the day - reset by the Omega, when they had received blood from the Alphas. After Cage (Tom Cruise) gets a blood transfusion (while unconscious) he loses the ability to reset the day by him dying, which he has been doing until then. This implies that the alien blood (bloodline? Code?) enabled the aliens to con the humans as the humans would never remember the repeated resets of time. "LIVE, DIE REPEAT", as the movie says! It gave the aliens complete control over the reality of the humans, resetting the timeline against the humans to win the war against them. In the movie the humans even express how they are baffled the aliens seem to know more than they should.

It's also interesting that his character's name is (Will)I am - William, 'Cage', which could read as 'I am Will' in a Cage. A caged free will.

In the end Will Cage kills the Omega by blowing it up at the same time as he gets blown up. There is a massive energy surge and the day resets but this time people are free and he survives.

It's a very interesting movie full of symbolism. 🤔

Yes , it would enable it to create (conflicting) polarity.

That makes sense. It feels like the system is content with motion/collaboration when it has control over it, under it's own terms, but when motion/collaboration moves outside of it's control, it tries throw a spanner in the works or throws "hooks" out to pull motion/collaboration back under its own control.

Absolutely. It's ready to turn people against each other or manipulate events to cause conflict or other issues.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, xpwales said:

Whats worrying is that some of those themes are post-apocalyptic 😮

If it really is Tom in those movies...

Like in Oblivion. The natural vs the technology in a post apocalyptic world run by AI.

Interesting when that guy on the video says people have always assumed "seeing is believing" but now they have to accept that vision, and by implication all senses, can be fooled, which is a nod to what the simulation has been doing. But for how long?

I read somewhere that during last year's actors and writers strike one of the points of contention was the use of actors images being owned by studios to fake anything. And that apparently Tom Cruise said he would not allow his image to be used in that way. Not surprisingly when you consider how he is about doing his own stunts and all the news coverage, recently about Top Gun Maverick, about him not wanting to use CGI much at all.

That deep fake guy does seem a bit disingenuous when he plays innocent saying it was a homage to Cruise when it was to launch his deep fake business. Easy way to get loads of free publicity though. He must have good lawyers. 😆

The quality they can do means that people, movie studios etc. could offer the public personalised movies. I dread to think where this is going for VR.

Could we reach a point where corporations own everyone's image just because they filmed them in VR, or even in the street. 

Could we see people using the images of ex partners in VR to keep having a 'relationship' with them, which makes me think of the Amazon series 'Upload'. 🤔

Or people recording their kids at different ages (like parents do) but using those to create fake families when their kids grow up and they miss them. Could an estranged parent be tested by the authorities for being a decent parent by being observed interacting in VR with their fake programmed child.

You could imagine people online dating in VR as their younger selves while they sit alone at home as the older person they are, both older people in the VR relationship not wanting to interact in the real world because they prefer the younger, sexier VR version. 🙄 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil26 said:

Didn't CERN feature in the movie 'Angels and Demons'? 

I believe so, it's mentioned in the plot...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angels_%26_Demons_(film)

50 minutes ago, Phil26 said:

Interesting when that guy on the video says people have always assumed "seeing is believing" but now they have to accept that vision, and by implication all senses, can be fooled, which is a nod to what the simulation has been doing. But for how long?

Yes, I suppose we're just like walking sensors, maybe the body and psycho-physical consciousness can be seen in some sense as one big community of "liquid-crystals", vibrating and disturbing the Aether, so patterns and frequencies (motion) are ultimately all that exist in the simulation. (An information field as D.I. says.)

I recall a saying from someone who presents information on meta-physics (Ken L. Wheeler)...

"Nothing is known except for the modality of the know-er". I interpret that as, modality being frequency and patterns (motion) and that's all there is (in the simulation).

On that basis, given enough computing power, all patterns and frequencies could be learned and then manipulated.

My guess is that locally (I.e. Earth, whatever that actually is), mankind has only recently developed enough computing power to start to learn the patterns and frequencies and then manipulate the simulation. Prior to this I have no clue.

Edited by xpwales