Should we here in the UK vote for the uk reform party?

9 hours ago, Captainlove said:

I got through my letterbox today a add for the reform party. Is this a party worth voting for? Or do i just not vote at all? Whats your thoughts.

In all honesty, I don't think so. Just another bunch of 'gatekeepers', controlled opposition, shills for the Establishment, whatever you want to refer to them as.

I'm seeing parallels with what happened with UKIP a few years ago, just before the EU referendum. And it's no coincidence that Nigel Farage is involved with them.

It's also no coincidence that Farage is once again cosying up to Trump over in the USA.

I don't trust them at all, and the fact that the media are giving them attention and airtime also arouses suspicions.

• Like 1

If Reform were the only alternative to the main 3 parties I would probably vote for them, as I voted for UKIP once or twice. I think there are shades of grey to choose between, even when I can't find a party on the ballot paper I actually like.  Plus it sends a message that might give other small parties some hope. 

• Like 1

The last time I voted with any conviction was for Brexit. Nothing has changed. 

As for right or left, blue or red, it's all futile to me and so I don't vote. Surely anybody (at PM level) who dares to serve the people's best interests will be taken out. 

But then my hope isn't in man. 

• Like 1

Well, let's put it like this: trying to choose between utter crock Rishi at-least-I'm-not-Starmer Sunak or Constipated Starmer is like being asked if you want syphilis or gonorrhea - or Ed Davey, who'd be AIDS on stilts. 

Edited by Nip

19 hours ago, dumbcritic said:

As I've said, there are no ''parties,'' just people like you and me. You can't delegate rights you do not have or make immoral acts moral. 

Are you sure that link is going to your post assuming that as the intention?... Most are Enigmatics I suppose it being that posters thread, but where are you, on which page?

• 1 month later...

Have you ever tasted a Red or Blue lolly practically the same taste once you bit into the core the difference is the outer flavour is different but the core follow the same path to the lolly stick.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Maggotman said:

Have you ever tasted a Red or Blue lolly practically the same taste once you bit into the core the difference is the outer flavour is different but the core follow the same path to the lolly stick.

Nice analogy. I gave up watching the party conferences years ago when it became obvious they were just a show, and the ordinary members have no influence in setting the policies. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Campion said:

Nice analogy. I gave up watching the party conferences years ago when it became obvious they were just a show, and the ordinary members have no influence in setting the policies. 

Indeed. Before Serena Rothschild died, she was the one to choose who gets to be the next PM.....says it all.

I don't know who is now in charge though since Jacob is supposedly died.

• Like 1