Facial recognition, scanning a loyalty card and using a touchscreen: The steps Sainsbury's shoppers could face

dumbcritic

Keep shopping at the smaller and local shops, stay away from the supermarkets. That's the reason why all the town centre shops are closing down because too many people are going to the upper class snobs and their ( temporarily ) lower-priced supermarkets.

Once the supermarkets have forced out all the working-class people and created a monopoly, they are going to massively increase prices, exactly the same thing they have already done with the gas and electricity companies - force out all the working class companies with low prices, fuelled by surreptitious government grants, then massively increase their prices to insane levels and you will have no choice but to pay

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, jack121 said:

Keep shopping at the smaller and local shops, stay away from the supermarkets. That's the reason why all the town centre shops are closing down because too many people are going to the upper class snobs and their ( temporarily ) lower-priced supermarkets.

Once the supermarkets have forced out all the working-class people and created a monopoly, they are going to massively increase prices, exactly the same thing they have already done with the gas and electricity companies - force out all the working class companies with low prices, fuelled by surreptitious government grants, then massively increase their prices to insane levels and you will have no choice but to pay

Good point. 

They did a similar thing with ULEZ and all the small working class businesses they destroyed in London.

Waitrose and the John Lewis Partnership have gone ultra woke, they’re publishing employee newsletters advising breast binding for their workers kids.
They’re doing a similar thing to what you mentioned but in reverse and applicable to employees-

They’re making redundant their older, more working class employees and employing younger people who’ll go along with the woke agenda, but paying them a pittance. Security usually are foreign and give me problems if I go there. 

Morrisons are a uk state/US military backed and US hedge fund owned supermarket, I always get problems from foreign security if I go there, and I’d advise boycotting them. 

Co-Op used to be woke but have reigned it in in favour of a more normal approach, and Tescos are same old same old, owned by Booker, no real problems there. 

I heard a few years ago Sainsburys put in place an entirely new surveillance system and structure, unlike any other supermarket, it sounded quite nefarious. 
At the same time my dad kept dropping hints that I should start shopping there. I started to get the picture….. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sainsbury's here in Birmingham were trailblazers during 2020.

They were first to implement every mandate the psychopaths commanded. Masks, one way systems, one in one out, perspex screens, extra security, two metres, sanitary stations, rationing of items. 

I had cause to go in there recently and noticed that there was only one human on a row of tills ten long. Everybody was doing their shopping at those wretched scanners. I watched in amusement as someone rolled an iceberg lettuce over and over a glass plate. Computer said no and one of those old fashioned humans in a uniform was called for. 

Went into the bank today for some physical money. Three praying mantis in suits launched themselves in my direction and asked what I wanted. Told them I needed the cashier, but not why - they hate it when you don't tell them your business. 

Only wanted fifty quid but wouldn't give the mantis the satisfaction of seeing me use a cashpoint. Interestingly, the bloke next to me wanted to get £400 out but the cashier said they had run out of that amount of physical cash. 

The masses deserve what is coming upon them. They have sacrificed my young children on the altar of selfish convenience and laziness of thought. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Saved said:

They were first to implement every mandate the psychopaths commanded. Masks, one way systems, one in one out, perspex screens, extra security, two metres, sanitary stations, rationing of items. 

I had cause to go in there recently and noticed that there was only one human on a row of tills ten long. Everybody was doing their shopping at those wretched scanners. I watched in amusement as someone rolled an iceberg lettuce over and over a glass plate. Computer said no and one of those old fashioned humans in a uniform was called for. 

Went into the bank today for some physical money. Three praying mantis in suits launched themselves in my direction and asked what I wanted. Told them I needed the cashier, but not why - they hate it when you don't tell them your business. 

Only wanted fifty quid but wouldn't give the mantis the satisfaction of seeing me use a cashpoint. Interestingly, the bloke next to me wanted to get £400 out but the cashier said they had run out of that amount of physical cash. 

The masses deserve what is coming upon them. They have sacrificed my young children on the altar of selfish convenience and laziness of thought. 

The banks have been assholes for a long while even before convid. I went to B&M stores during there lockdown and it was a joy,no -one gave a fuck what you were doing, I called it my spiritual home still go sometimes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Maggotman said:

Sainsburys cannot even keep their scan and shop till open all day so how the hell will they succeed with booze?

I find it amusing when i do on the rare ocassion go to the supermarkets that it takes longer to go through the self-service checkouts than the human operated ones - but sheep will be sheep. And the checkouts need humans to unjam the machines when they get stuck, need humans to put up notices saying : This machine is fucked, please use another one. They need humans to plug them in and power them up and feed them paper for the receipts, feed them change for the cash purchases. They need humans full stop. Hah! So much for AI taking over the world. AI is thick. AI doesn't know its arse from its elbow. I've seen people walk out with shopping trollies full of unpaid food, but i haven't seen AI jump up, and chase after them - All AI does is say : Please be a good sheep and obey all of my rules

Makes me wonder what they are going to do in the future, when people are starving to death and will do just about anything

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, Saved said:

Yes banks can be troublesome. 
A staff member at a local bank used to always make a beeline for me, ask what I was doing there that day, and would usually proceed to snatch the deposit cheque out of my hand and lead me over to a side desk, while a grubby cultish satanist would stand nearby waiting for her to tell him how much I had in my account.

I only let it happen once though, after I realised what was going on.

The last time she tried it I asked why she was so interested in my personal information and that I’d like to speak to the manager. She went all red and flustered, I  then complained about being accosted by her that previous time. Never had any trouble since, saw her cowering around the back of the desk a few times after that, then I think they moved her along so to speak.

No one bothers me now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Captainlove said:

The banks have been assholes for a long while even before convid. I went to B&M stores during there lockdown and it was a joy,no -one gave a fuck what you were doing, I called it my spiritual home still go sometimes.

This reminded me of a comical/bizarre interaction at B&M during the height of muzzlemania when I needed to go there for an item for someone.

I was greatly relieved to have an apparently normal assistant show me to the area where the item was;we walked there together,no bother and I thought she was okay as we walked to a till.

Then she barked at me like a dog to move back from the till to the 6ft. distance line much to my surprise!

Humans,eh?

Not so much Homo Sapiens as Homer Simpsiens!

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Fool Me Once said:

This reminded me of a comical/bizarre interaction at B&M during the height of muzzlemania when I needed to go there for an item for someone.

I was greatly relieved to have an apparently normal assistant show me to the area where the item was;we walked there together,no bother and I thought she was okay as we walked to a till.

Then she barked at me like a dog to move back from the till to the 6ft. distance line much to my surprise!

Humans,eh?

Not so much Homo Sapiens as Homer Simpsiens!

Sounds like you got unlucky. I never had any problems at B&M most the staff i talked to thought it was all shit.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, jack121 said:

I find it amusing when i do on the rare ocassion go to the supermarkets that it takes longer to go through the self-service checkouts than the human operated ones - but sheep will be sheep. And the checkouts need humans to unjam the machines when they get stuck, need humans to put up notices saying : This machine is fucked, please use another one. They need humans to plug them in and power them up and feed them paper for the receipts, feed them change for the cash purchases. They need humans full stop. Hah! So much for AI taking over the world. AI is thick. AI doesn't know its arse from its elbow. I've seen people walk out with shopping trollies full of unpaid food, but i haven't seen AI jump up, and chase after them - All AI does is say : Please be a good sheep and obey all of my rules

Makes me wonder what they are going to do in the future, when people are starving to death and will do just about anything

Yes, that is true - a staff-manned checkout is always going to be far more efficient, simply because a trained checkout operator is more experienced at scanning items from a motorised conveyor belt, than your average shopper is.

To be fair, at least the big supermarkets actually designed their self-service checkouts the best they could, though you'd be there forever if you had a full trolley of groceries.

What always galled me was in stores like Wilko and Matalan, where their idea of creating self-service checkouts was to simply rotate the EPOS machine on the counter so that it faced the customer. Unless you only had one or two items, you just didn't have any space to work in. It just became an awkward and off-putting experience.

I get most of my groceries from Iceland - thankfully they resisted the move towards self-service and still have manned tills. Everything else I need I get from my local Nisa or other independent supermarkets, I don't think they are really that much more expensive than Tesco, Sainsburys et al despite the media propaganda and advertising.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Grumpy Owl said:

I get most of my groceries from Iceland - thankfully they resisted the move towards self-service and still have manned tills. Everything else I need I get from my local Nisa or other independent supermarkets, I don't think they are really that much more expensive than Tesco, Sainsburys et al despite the media propaganda and advertising.

It's the same with Aldi and Home Bargains not having self-checkout, we tend to get as much as we can from the discount shops and only go to the regular supermarkets for particular things we can't find elsewhere. 

1 hour ago, Campion said:

It's the same with Aldi and Home Bargains not having self-checkout, we tend to get as much as we can from the discount shops and only go to the regular supermarkets for particular things we can't find elsewhere. 

Our Aldi has self checkouts, but most people seem to use the staffed ones. One day they had no proper tills on, so I dumped my basket and walked out. Home Bargains and B&M have only staffed tills, but they have next to no proper food

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, LastOneLeftInTheCounty said:

Yes banks can be troublesome. 
A staff member at a local bank used to always make a beeline for me, ask what I was doing there that day, and would usually proceed to snatch the deposit cheque out of my hand and lead me over to a side desk, while a grubby cultish satanist would stand nearby waiting for her to tell him how much I had in my account.

I only let it happen once though, after I realised what was going on.

The last time she tried it I asked why she was so interested in my personal information and that I’d like to speak to the manager. She went all red and flustered, I  then complained about being accosted by her that previous time. Never had any trouble since, saw her cowering around the back of the desk a few times after that, then I think they moved her along so to speak.

No one bothers me now. 

Talking of banks, a few years ago I was off for a  job interview, all suited and booted, I called into my local bank and stood in line to be served, when suddenly a man charged into the bank dressed in a black boiler suit, black gloves and a black ski mask, and waving a fucking big pistol around! He shouted 'everyone, on the floor now'  I said 'fuck off dude this is a new suit, there's no way I'm lying on the floor mate' ! So, he shot me, straight through the right shoulder, the round went straight through me, and hit the teller behind me in the throat, killing her instantly!🫣 Suddenly armed police came charging in and after a brief struggle overpowered the gunman and took him away in cuffs! I spent three days in hospital and then three years in prison, because the jury decided it was through me that the teller got shot!🤔 Oh yes, and I never got the job as a lucky charm salesman either!🤨

Edited by Mr Crabtree
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, k_j_evans said:

Our Aldi has self checkouts, but most people seem to use the staffed ones. One day they had no proper tills on, so I dumped my basket and walked out. Home Bargains and B&M have only staffed tills, but they have next to no proper food

I saw a man at an Aldi self checkout with his trousers and pants down squeezing and fondling his bollocks, I said 'what the fuck are you doing mate'? he said 'checking myself out mate, what d'yer think I was doing'?🫣

• Haha 1

On 2/23/2024 at 12:05 PM, LastOneLeftInTheCounty said:

Good point. 

They did a similar thing with ULEZ and all the small working class businesses they destroyed in London.

Waitrose and the John Lewis Partnership have gone ultra woke, they’re publishing employee newsletters advising breast binding for their workers kids.
They’re doing a similar thing to what you mentioned but in reverse and applicable to employees-

They’re making redundant their older, more working class employees and employing younger people who’ll go along with the woke agenda, but paying them a pittance. Security usually are foreign and give me problems if I go there. 

Morrisons are a uk state/US military backed and US hedge fund owned supermarket, I always get problems from foreign security if I go there, and I’d advise boycotting them. 

Co-Op used to be woke but have reigned it in in favour of a more normal approach, and Tescos are same old same old, owned by Booker, no real problems there. 

I heard a few years ago Sainsburys put in place an entirely new surveillance system and structure, unlike any other supermarket, it sounded quite nefarious. 
At the same time my dad kept dropping hints that I should start shopping there. I started to get the picture….. 

As Reverend Simon Sideways calls them, these 'New to the Reservation' guests all seem to get those supermarket security jobs easily enough, and like all the rest of the arseholes throughout the western world, they all love the perceived  power they have, which is mainly in their heads anyway! 🤫 The wages are crap, which proves the old adage 'If the pay is peanuts, then you'll only get monkeys'!🐵🐒🐒🐵

12 hours ago, Grumpy Owl said:

Yes, that is true - a staff-manned checkout is always going to be far more efficient, simply because a trained checkout operator is more experienced at scanning items from a motorised conveyor belt, than your average shopper is.

To be fair, at least the big supermarkets actually designed their self-service checkouts the best they could, though you'd be there forever if you had a full trolley of groceries.

What always galled me was in stores like Wilko and Matalan, where their idea of creating self-service checkouts was to simply rotate the EPOS machine on the counter so that it faced the customer. Unless you only had one or two items, you just didn't have any space to work in. It just became an awkward and off-putting experience.

Many words of wisdom here. We should be resisting the takeover attempts by the upper class snobs and their lower priced supermarkets as these lower prices will be extremely temporary, since they buy in bulk and they have everything under one roof it makes it appealing to customers so they would much rather go to the snobs then the shops owned by the working class people. Hopefully if more people go to the shops owned by working class people they wlll get more business. will be able to buy in bulk, will be able to offer lower prices

• Thanks 1

There was a bloke on the tills at Lidl here in Brighton who'd been there around ten years, then he told me he'd opted for a  career change and had applied for a security job at the Asda store down in the marina,  he was a happy go lucky type of person, and always very pleasant to the customers!👍 I wished him good luck and said 'well, they say a change is as good as a rest, go for it mate'! Six months down the line has changed him a lot, he struts about a lot, tries not to catch anyone's eye and follows people about like someone in a bad B movie spy film🕵️‍♂️ peering around the corners of the shelves etc. He has totally changed his demeanor, and when he does the security desk in the foyer he totally blanks any customers entering the store, the only exceptions being if someone approaches him directly for some reason, and then he deals with them quite curtly!

He is around thirty five years old, but in those six months or so seems to have aged about ten years, to me no job is worth the changes in his attitude to people he's known for years, it's like he's had some sort of Lobotomy operation and become a bit of an arsehole to be quite blunt about it!🤔 He's not married and still lives at home with mum, so at least there's no wife to go home to and tell her all about his shit day👍 He looks so miserable, he makes BUSTER KEATON download(2).jpg.b7f38b672099ae224b7cf2940cf0a3cf.jpg 

'download(21).jpg.1761f5fbe94158cc2d31ee25c6832871.jpg   

seem like the 'LAUGHING POLICEMAN' in comparison!

A few weeks ago there were three women with trolleys blocking the end of an aisle, talking and exchanging phone details etc and somebody { not me } put a couple of those cones they use to block off any spillages in front of them as a joke🫢 Him and two other 'colleagues' removed the person from the store according to someone I talk to on the trolley collections on the carpark! He said the manager had ordered his 'removal' because he'd 'upset' the three customers! But when they stood yapping on that corner they just didn't give a fuck about blocking anyone else from getting by, but, when they were 'upset' it was a different matter!🤔 

Edited by Mr Crabtree
  • Like 1

I notice lately that the 'Maskitis epidemic' is back again and the amount of mask wearing numpties is building up again! I called into Lidl in Newhaven on my way home from fishing the other day and there was a large black lady with a 'booty' to die for 👍,  in gloves and mask, shopping  and she had two bags with the logo download(22).jpg.6362b714a650f6a063d8b4743a5a183a.jpg printed on them!🤔

I thought how very suitable they were for her!🫢 

Edited by Mr Crabtree

2 hours ago, jack121 said:

Many words of wisdom here. We should be resisting the takeover attempts by the upper class snobs and their lower priced supermarkets as these lower prices will be extremely temporary, since they buy in bulk and they have everything under one roof it makes it appealing to customers so they would much rather go to the snobs then the shops owned by the working class people. Hopefully if more people go to the shops owned by working class people they wlll get more business. will be able to buy in bulk, will be able to offer lower prices

I do notice that a lot of the cars on Lidl carparks are of the  higher end bracket types of vehicle, and outnumber the older, cheaper type cars now, it seems as if the 'snobs' have suddenly discovered another way to save some cash! 🤔 My sister in law in the Midlands is the type who say's she'd never be seen dead in a Lidl, or a Pound shop or on a bus, she won't apply for a bus pass, still works part time, and although her husband wants to move to Eastbourne to be near his two grandchildren she won't give up her job because she like to 'do lunch with the girls' occasionally! Yes, without any shadow of a doubt, she's still a twat at 74, but, still  a very loyal Waitrose customer!🤨

23 hours ago, k_j_evans said:

these stores are quite popular with just human checkouts, I have no problem using self service checkouts but it should be about choice, if you go and use tesco self service the voice sounds like rishi sunak

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jack121 said:

Sadly, there aren't any (or very few) as they all closed down because of "covid"

49 minutes ago, Maggotman said:

these stores are quite popular with just human checkouts, I have no problem using self service checkouts but it should be about choice, if you go and use tesco self service the voice sounds like rishi sunak

I didn't know they had voices as I can't hear much. Soooooo more disability discrimination ... I used to enjoy taunting the mask wearers about that.

On 2/25/2024 at 10:28 PM, Maggotman said:

I agree completely! Self-serve checkouts are fine if you only have a small basket of items, and yes it should be about choice, rather than imposing these things on shoppers.

When I used to shop at my local Asda in Kings Heath, it was more convenient for me, with a few items in my basket, to use the self-service checkouts (the ones that were working at least!) rather than waiting in line behind people emptying full trolleys at the manned checkouts.

But in many other shops, I do prefer to wait in line and be served by an actual human being.

• Like 2

On 2/24/2024 at 7:46 AM, jack121 said:

Yes, those self service tills are shoplifting enablers. People scan a few items, slip one into their bag un-scanned. The machine doesn't notice...