Fossil fuels do not come from fossils

6 hours ago, rebornsteve said:

This ‘conspiracy theory’ seems to be gaining momentum and is surely one of the biggest.

lots of science…..

“Abiogenic Deep Origin of Hydrocarbons and Oil and Gas Deposits Formation”

WRITTEN BY

Vladimir G. Kutcherov

Submitted: 19 November 2011 Published: 16 January 2013

https://www.intechopen.com/chapters/41889

I saw something about this a while back, and if it is correct then it does throw up some interesting speculation.

"Big Oil" is keen to let everyone know that 'fossil fuels' are a resource that is limited, and if this resource is 'running out' then it is going to become 'more expensive'.

It's also interesting that in the "race to net zero", Governments around the world are no longer permitting exploration of 'new' oil and gas reserves.

That would sound about right, if gas and oil was actually a natural 'self-replacing' resource that was in readily plentiful supply.

The 'lifeblood of the planet', so to speak.

Think of it this way, what is the most bountiful and plentiful resource that is available on the surface of this planet?

Yes, that's right, water.

Water was long ago turned into a "marketable commodity", that could be put into bottles and 'branded'.

Then they told us that water was only "safe to drink" if they 'treated' it with loads of chemicals.

We're all being encouraged to "use less plastic" yet there are more plastic products than ever before.

Plastic carrier bags used to be 'free' for shoppers, because they are so cheap to produce. Big corporate giants worked out that they could make more profit from consumers by tricking them into believing they 'needed' to pay more for a bag to, you know, carry away the goods/produce that they had just bought.

Just in the last couple of years, I have seen the charge for plastic carrier bags increase from zero to 5p, then 10p, then 50p now £1 in some cases!

And some of the big corporate fuckers are charging you good money for paper bags now!

Yes, I do think there is a massive piss-take going on.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Grumpy Owl said:

We're all being encouraged to "use less plastic" yet there are more plastic products than ever before.

Plastic carrier bags used to be 'free' for shoppers, because they are so cheap to produce. Big corporate giants worked out that they could make more profit from consumers by tricking them into believing they 'needed' to pay more for a bag to, you know, carry away the goods/produce that they had just bought.

Just in the last couple of years, I have seen the charge for plastic carrier bags increase from zero to 5p, then 10p, then 50p now £1 in some cases!

Yes, I've seen morrisons charging for paper bags which aren't charged the tax which plastic bags are. What a cheek, they waited just long enough for most people to get used to the plastic tax first. 

There used to be a saying in Thatcher's Britain that "you can't buck the market", when free markets were all part of the political narrative to push for privatisation. But all this green agenda with its regulations and taxes shows that the ptb are precisely bucking the markets and have no intention of allowing us to have free markets. 

2 hours ago, Grumpy Owl said:

I saw something about this a while back, and if it is correct then it does throw up some interesting speculation.

"Big Oil" is keen to let everyone know that 'fossil fuels' are a resource that is limited, and if this resource is 'running out' then it is going to become 'more expensive'.

It's also interesting that in the "race to net zero", Governments around the world are no longer permitting exploration of 'new' oil and gas reserves.

That would sound about right, if gas and oil was actually a natural 'self-replacing' resource that was in readily plentiful supply.

The 'lifeblood of the planet', so to speak.

Think of it this way, what is the most bountiful and plentiful resource that is available on the surface of this planet?

Yes, that's right, water.

Water was long ago turned into a "marketable commodity", that could be put into bottles and 'branded'.

Then they told us that water was only "safe to drink" if they 'treated' it with loads of chemicals.

And some of the big corporate fuckers are charging you good money for paper bags now!

Yes, I do think there is a massive piss-take going on.

I've know supposed plastic carrier bags disintegrate in my hands after a few months (at most a few years) storage.

24 minutes ago, Not Thoth said:

I've know supposed plastic carrier bags disintegrate in my hands after a few months (at m ost a few years) storage.

Back in the 80s we used to have biodegradable plastic bags which disintegrated in the soil. But they stopped making them after a few years and I never heard why. Perhaps they weren't completely degradable but just turned into microplastic or perhaps it was another good technology that was memory holed. 

• Like 1

Apparently NASA did a survey of a saturn moon and came to the conclusion that it had oil and gas, that would prove that either they are not fossil fuels or oddly the moon had animal life haha

If it turned out that oil was made in the earths crust the question would still be how quickly can it create it, because if it takes like millions of years to create a reserve of oil then it wouldn't matter if it was not a fossil fuel or not. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/22/2024 at 7:18 PM, Captainlove said:

Read once somewhere that oil is not in short supply,wells refill over time, it coming from the tectonic plates underground that acts a lubricant for them, not from old fossils or trees.

Thanks! That's a good point. I like lube

• Like 1