Jump to content

Do beliefs create your reality?


Mr H

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Mr H said:

Yes I had these experiences when I did those types of meditations. Different dimensions, different aspects of psyche, feeling super great generally. But for me this all came to no good. And I never witnessed any spiritual progression in others who did it. And often saw spiritual egos developing as a result. "I can go to the 8th dimension, ner na ner na ner".

 

Kind of turning yourself into a super human. But the identity is still there, that you are a limited human. You just think you're a better version of yourself. I imagine it would take many years and dedication to get spiritual realization this way. 

 

The reason it's called the indirect path, is because you reach for spiritual realization by retraining your mind and body in alignment with your true self, and hope this brings about a realization and change in identity at some point in the future, what some might call enlightenment.

 

On the direct path, they straight to the root of the issue. The identity question, which is thouroughly investigated. And then you abide in yourself in silence. Theory being ince you've dug out the root, the other things like change of mind and body will occur naturally and you then bring forth this new understanding of your identity to the world. It's for me a much much quicker process after years trying the other way.

 

Whatever works for you really....

 

I do still enjoy "normal meditations" from time to time. Definitely some great experiences to be had that way........

But to know the true self one would have to recognise it. 

 

The new age "whatever dimension" to go to is quite a trope now, so I see what you're saying about that. 

 

I think people like the idea of a perfect 'higher' self that will make them feel good about the 'crappy' avatar they live in 'human' form. People call the bits they don't like their ego, and then think they can change into a higher being. But how did that higher being, if it is so clever and enlightened, allow itself to get trapped in lower existence in the first place?

 

People just love 'self improvement'. 🙄

 

This world is like a spiritual candy store for spiritual sugar junkies, they grab at this and that to satisfy themselves and the candy store owner is happy to keep them inside the store. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Phil26 said:

But to know the true self one would have to recognise it. 

 

The new age "whatever dimension" to go to is quite a trope now, so I see what you're saying about that. 

 

I think people like the idea of a perfect 'higher' self that will make them feel good about the 'crappy' avatar they live in 'human' form. People call the bits they don't like their ego, and then think they can change into a higher being. But how did that higher being, if it is so clever and enlightened, allow itself to get trapped in lower existence in the first place?

 

People just love 'self improvement'. 🙄

 

This world is like a spiritual candy store for spiritual sugar junkies, they grab at this and that to satisfy themselves and the candy store owner is happy to keep them inside the store. 

Lol made me chuckle. Totally and that's why there's a tonne of modalities and meditations for sale, where you can " progress" and maybe after 20 years and 20,000 bucks you reach "there" 😅

 

"Anyone who tells you he has some way of leading you to spiritual enlightenment is like somebody who picks your pocket and sells you your own watch...” -Alan Watts

 

The best explanation for the ego. Few reasons but the main one being. The infinite can only know the infinite. If you wish to see something else, like objects, you need to break up the infinite into parts, so there forms a subject object relationship. Which is why we have duality and an ego. We need to forget ourselves to know ourselves as an object. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Phil26 said:

Meditation tends to be more of an internal process while learning to drive a car or play a piano an external one. Meditation can also involves access to altered and unconscious states of consciousness if done properly. Deep meditation should leave you conscious at below 4Hz. One of the most common things beginners have a problem with is falling asleep while meditating, they go in Theta and go unconscious, some even in alpha! If you're 'meditating' at mostly alpha states you're really just relaxing. A lot of the meditation apps actually encourage you to use them to fall asleep! Which will destroy your ability to access higher states of the unconscious. The meditation apps also destroy your ability to consciously control your own brain frequency.

 

I did try a meditation app once called Headspace, which was basically a collection of recordings with some programming to keep track of what I'd done. So it wasn't so different from listening to a teacher in person or youtube videos, but perhaps they've changed now. 

It was set up by a man who had been a Buddhist monk but had dropped the religious side of it to offer a secularised version. I got some value from it and moved on. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Campion said:

 

I did try a meditation app once called Headspace, which was basically a collection of recordings with some programming to keep track of what I'd done. So it wasn't so different from listening to a teacher in person or youtube videos, but perhaps they've changed now. 

It was set up by a man who had been a Buddhist monk but had dropped the religious side of it to offer a secularised version. I got some value from it and moved on. 

You're talking about that guy, Andy Puddicombe from a comprehensive school in Bristol, who dropped.put of a sports science course at a poly then went on to circus school. 🙄 He went backpacking to various countries and a retreat in Scotland. He says he was a  'buddhist monk', but anyone can do that. You just have to say you're a Buddhist, pay a donation and stay at some retreats. Also there's no way to verify it. A lot of people have questioned his 'credentials' as he has no proof and his backstory really is there just to sell the app. He signed a book deal for three books with Hodder and Stouton and a TV series with Netflix. He is a business man not a spiritual guru or monk. He does not name where he was supposedly ordained, he only meditates himself "occasionally" and he has been seen eating meat, which he says he does sometimes. The guy is bs.

 

Andy Puddicombe has a personal net worth of nearly a quarter of a billion pounds and Headspace has merged with another corporation to the value of $3 BILLION. He is in favour of BRAIN CHIPS. When are people going to realise they are being scammed by those apps? 🙄

 

And Buddhist monks are not supposed to have personal wealth!

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Phil26 said:

You're talking about that guy, Andy Puddicombe from a comprehensive school in Bristol, who dropped.put of a sports science course at a poly then went on to circus school. 🙄 He went backpacking to various countries and a retreat in Scotland. He says he was a  'buddhist monk', but anyone can do that. You just have to say you're a Buddhist, pay a donation and stay at some retreats. Also there's no way to verify it. A lot of people have questioned his 'credentials' as he has no proof and his backstory really is there just to sell the app. He signed a book deal for three books with Hodder and Stouton and a TV series with Netflix. He is a business man not a spiritual guru or monk. He does not name where he was supposedly ordained, he only meditates himself "occasionally" and he has been seen eating meat, which he says he does sometimes. The guy is bs.

 

Andy Puddicombe has a personal net worth of nearly a quarter of a billion pounds and Headspace has merged with another corporation to the value of $3 BILLION. He is in favour of BRAIN CHIPS. When are people going to realise they are being scammed by those apps? 🙄

 

And Buddhist monks are not supposed to have personal wealth! 

 

None of this bothers me at all. People can ordain as a monk for only a short time, it's quite common for young men in the far east to spend a year in a monastery before starting a career or getting married. They also don't have to be vegetarian, Theravada monks for example beg food off the laity and have to eat what they're given. If he's made a lot of money it's probably because he saw an opportunity in the corporate wellbeing industry so imo they deserve each other! 

 

He's not some guru, just someone who I saw a few of his mediation talks (which I didn't pay for), I also have some books on meditation by other people, who make money out of it. I prefer to own a book outright or watch free videos rather than sign up to a regular subscription. Having learned about meditation from various places I now just do my own thing and don't follow anyone else. 

 

Anyway, one claim I've seen for meditation is that it allows you to see reality 'as it is', before the mind layers over it with abstract thoughts and beliefs. Pure being or essence. Seeing as we spend most of our waking hours in thinking mode, what's wrong with taking a break for a short time, 30 minutes or so. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Campion said:

 

None of this bothers me at all. People can ordain as a monk for only a short time, it's quite common for young men in the far east to spend a year in a monastery before starting a career or getting married. They also don't have to be vegetarian, Theravada monks for example beg food off the laity and have to eat what they're given. If he's made a lot of money it's probably because he saw an opportunity in the corporate wellbeing industry so imo they deserve each other! 

 

He's not some guru, just someone who I saw a few of his mediation talks (which I didn't pay for), I also have some books on meditation by other people, who make money out of it. I prefer to own a book outright or watch free videos rather than sign up to a regular subscription. Having learned about meditation from various places I now just do my own thing and don't follow anyone else. 

 

Anyway, one claim I've seen for meditation is that it allows you to see reality 'as it is', before the mind layers over it with abstract thoughts and beliefs. Pure being or essence. Seeing as we spend most of our waking hours in thinking mode, what's wrong with taking a break for a short time, 30 minutes or so. 

You might see it that way but most of the public are impressed by that type of monk, guru bs. and marketing backstory. 🙄

 

Why not use natural meditation without any AI tech apps? People have been doing natural meditation for millions of years.

 

AI tech is only designed to manipulate human emotions, thoughts and behaviour. 💯

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Phil26 said:

You're talking about that guy, Andy Puddicombe from a comprehensive school in Bristol, who dropped.put of a sports science course at a poly then went on to circus school. 🙄 He went backpacking to various countries and a retreat in Scotland. He says he was a  'buddhist monk', but anyone can do that. You just have to say you're a Buddhist, pay a donation and stay at some retreats. Also there's no way to verify it. A lot of people have questioned his 'credentials' as he has no proof and his backstory really is there just to sell the app. He signed a book deal for three books with Hodder and Stouton and a TV series with Netflix. He is a business man not a spiritual guru or monk. He does not name where he was supposedly ordained, he only meditates himself "occasionally" and he has been seen eating meat, which he says he does sometimes. The guy is bs.

 

Andy Puddicombe has a personal net worth of nearly a quarter of a billion pounds and Headspace has merged with another corporation to the value of $3 BILLION. He is in favour of BRAIN CHIPS. When are people going to realise they are being scammed by those apps? 🙄

 

And Buddhist monks are not supposed to have personal wealth!

 

 

 

 

There's a lot of dodgy New Age characters, many going mainstream. Wikipedia says about him:

 

Puddicombe is a regular contributor to The Guardian,[15] The Times,[16] Five Books[17] and Huffington Post,[18] writing about the benefits of mindfulness.

Television and radio

In 2013, Puddicombe was featured on the BBC science documentary, Horizon 'The Truth About Personality',[19] in which the Headspace app was tested for efficacy.[20]

Puddicombe contributes to BBC News[21] and BBC Radio[22] on matters of meditation, mindfulness, mental health and lifestyle. In 2010 he took part in the Pause For Thought series on BBC Radio 2.[23] He has made appearances on the Dr Oz show,[24] ABC news,[25] and The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon.[26] He also hosts a podcast named "Radio Headspace".

 

He's a TED speaker, of course.

 

https://www.ted.com/speakers/andy_puddicombe

 

The Headspace CEO is RUSSELL GLASS

 

"Russ is the CEO at Headspace, leading the company’s mission to transform mental health care to improve the health and happiness of the world. As a serial entrepreneur, Russ has held multiple CEO roles, most recently at Ginger, prior to its merger with Headspace in 2021, which resulted in the creation of an end-to-end mental health platform. He formerly led products for the marketing solutions group at LinkedIn and is the founder and former CEO and president of Bizo, a B2B marketing and data platform, which he sold to LinkedIn in 2014. While at Bizo, Russ co-authored “The Big Data-Driven Business,” a guide for how companies can use big data to drive better decision-making and results. 

He is also the author of the children’s book, “Voting with a Porpoise,” and serves on the board of the non-profit Rock the Vote, where he leverages his expertise in technology, data science, and branding to increase engagement and turnout among young voters."

 

"Jeff Weiner, the founder and chairman of LinkedIn, made the initial introduction shortly after Ginger had raised a fresh round of funding. He had acquired Glass’ previous company, a B2B marketing platform called Bizo, and also was an investor in Headspace."

 

Looking ahead, Glass said,

 

"Glass: We plan to continue to innovate and grow. We are already supporting Cigna, Kaiser Permanente and Oscar populations. We launched a Medicaid plan aligned with this vision of democratization, AmeriHealth Caritas. If you look at the need in the world today, the WHO estimates that there are more than 1 billion people with an active behavioral need that is undiagnosed. We know that 50 percent of the world’s population will have a mental health need in their lifetime. That’s billions of people who could derive value from this platform. Ten percent of enterprises have a dedicated behavioral health solution. That should be 100 percent so there’s massive room for growth. We built the technology to do this at scale."

 

A Headspace board director is Michael Strautmanis, with an Obama connection:

 

"A movement builder and ESG leader who believes in the power of storytelling [translation - he's a bloody liar], Michael Strautmanis leads the engagement strategy for the Obama Foundation including strategic partnerships, brand, marketing, communications & creative, digital strategy, alumni engagement, and community affairs. Mike also provides strategic guidance to the My Brothers' Keeper Alliance, President Obama’s program to drive evidence-based solutions to create safe & healthy communities for boys & young men of color. From the Foundation’s start-era, Mike built the Foundation's place-based impact strategy in Chicago, and has been a key leader in the development of the innovative Obama Presidential Center."

 

"An advisor to President Barack Obama for almost two decades, he served in the Obama White House for four of those years as the Chief of Staff of the Office of Public Engagement and Intergovernmental Affairs, and the President's Senior Advisor, Valerie Jarrett. In that role, Mike was at the center of crafting the White House's agenda, policy, and strategic approach to key initiatives, including health care reform, education, criminal justice reform, the growth of the technology sector, and the acceleration of clean energy technology. Mike is also a key architect of President and Mrs. Obama's unique approach to civic engagement and leadership development."

 

Edited by Grumpy Grapes
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Phil26 said:

Word to the wise, YOU are using smart tech right now by using the internet, a computer and a phone. In fact everything you do is using smart tech, from barcodes to credit cards, public transport, cars, medication, hospitals, food, entertainment. And don't try and say you live in a cave, you don't.

 

smart means wireless. I have no wifi in my house

 

I have bought and own no smart tech. If everyone else did the same they could not impose their smart grid. it doesn't matter how much you try and dance around this truth. By buying and using smart tech you are building your own prison and no amount of meditation will change that. Only right action will do it

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had a thought today as I saved a spider in the shower.

 

Years I would have let it drown and thought nothing of it...

 

It dawned on me how egocentric humans are. 

 

Just because we have the capability of thoughts. We try to figure out how the world works and it's always centered around us, even though we are minority species....

 

We believe God is for or against us

 

We try and figure out god's plan for us..

 

We assume we have something else greater than us like higher selves and souls.

 

Our experience of the world is very different to other species based upon beliefs, because we have a degree of intelligence - but it's kinda ignorant when you think about it, that the whole world and existence is all about us, when we are nothing as a species, but a spec of dust in the cosmos.

 

Maybe nothing in the world is about us. Maybe we are simple ants to other species here who laugh about how we interpret the world.

 

Not my belief, but was an interesting thought, for me anyways.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Mr H said:

We assume we have something else greater than us like higher selves and souls.

 

certainly your belief around that sort of thing may well affect your behaviour and the behaviour of everyone in aggregate shapes the world

 

so if a person becomes nihilistic then they may act in ways that cause harm to others because they reason there is no purpose and no morality and no soul and therefore they can do as they please (moral relatavism)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Mr H said:

I had a thought today as I saved a spider in the shower.

 

Years I would have let it drown and thought nothing of it...

 

It dawned on me how egocentric humans are. 

 

Just because we have the capability of thoughts. We try to figure out how the world works and it's always centered around us, even though we are minority species....

 

We believe God is for or against us

 

We try and figure out god's plan for us..

 

We assume we have something else greater than us like higher selves and souls.

 

Our experience of the world is very different to other species based upon beliefs, because we have a degree of intelligence - but it's kinda ignorant when you think about it, that the whole world and existence is all about us, when we are nothing as a species, but a spec of dust in the cosmos.

 

Maybe nothing in the world is about us. Maybe we are simple ants to other species here who laugh about how we interpret the world.

 

Not my belief, but was an interesting thought, for me anyways.....

What about atheists, they don't think that way. 

 

If anything that type of thinking encourages shame and unworthiness in people.

 

Believing you are insignificant (people who beat themselves up over the so called 'ego', which by the way there is no evidence for whatsoever) are doing exactly what the elite and AI agenda wants.

 

Having no ego, no sense of individuality = hive mind and "you will own nothing (not even yourself) and be happy".🙄

 

The "ego" is just a made up theory with no evidence for it. The new age bs sold it big time because it's a great way to get people to join cults and be subservient.

 

What if it's the opposite of what you suggest? What if humans are significant and have a divine existence, that the being living as a human is a wonderful creative force in the universe who are kind, generous and happy? How much damage would it do to convince those beings otherwise? And whose interest would it be in to convince them of that? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Macnamara said:

 

certainly your belief around that sort of thing may well affect your behaviour and the behaviour of everyone in aggregate shapes the world

 

so if a person becomes nihilistic then they may act in ways that cause harm to others because they reason there is no purpose and no morality and no soul and therefore they can do as they please (moral relatavism)

That another logical fallacy.

 

And another false dichotomy.

 

Also, not believing in a 'soul' does not mean someone does not believe in good morally right thinking and behaviour.

 

Do all atheists turn into bad people? No.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Macnamara said:

 

smart means wireless. I have no wifi in my house

 

I have bought and own no smart tech. If everyone else did the same they could not impose their smart grid. it doesn't matter how much you try and dance around this truth. By buying and using smart tech you are building your own prison and no amount of meditation will change that. Only right action will do it

 

Smart technology is all around you. As I pointed out it is everywhere. There is no way you grow all your own food, don't use electricity.or public transport. 🙄

 

Do you believe you are immune to frequencies?

 

"Smart technology refers to “self-monitoring, analysis, and reporting technology”. It is a technology that uses artificial intelligence, machine learning, and big data analysis to provide cognitive awareness to objects that were in the past considered inanimate.".

 

You obviously own a WIRELESS ROUTER! 🙄

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Phil26 said:

What about atheists, they don't think that way. 

 

If anything that type of thinking encourages shame and unworthiness in people.

 

Believing you are insignificant (people who beat themselves up over the so called 'ego', which by the way there is no evidence for whatsoever) are doing exactly what the elite and AI agenda wants.

 

Having no ego, no sense of individuality = hive mind and "you will own nothing (not even yourself) and be happy".🙄

 

The "ego" is just a made up theory with no evidence for it. The new age bs sold it big time because it's a great way to get people to join cults and be subservient.

 

What if it's the opposite of what you suggest? What if humans are significant and have a divine existence, that the being living as a human is a wonderful creative force in the universe who are kind, generous and happy? How much damage would it do to convince those beings otherwise? And whose interest would it be in to convince them of that? 

Sorry I found it little difficult to follow.

 

And to play devil's advocate as I stated it is not my belief.

 

Some false assumptions made.

 

Because existence may not revolve around us, doesn't mean humans are insignificant.

 

You say the ego doesn't exist, but go onto say those without one have a hive mind. That's not possible if it doesn't exist.

 

Further you say those with no sense of individuality have a hive mind, but give no qualification to the statement. In my experience it's the opposite. Generally speaking it's because people believe they are these limited individuated humans, that they have limited thinking and easier to manipulate and all think a like which we can generally observe - people watch same things, want same things etc. the belief in individuation, paradoxically leads to less individuation.

 

I guess we can test the theory as to whether humans are divine by observing experience. But the mention of divine implies God, which implies ultimately no individuation .

 

The above points confused me but I am a little tired today so .....

 

I also don't believe there is an AI agenda. AI has been around for centuries and even today it's nothing special. There's folks out there who'd love to hook themselves up to the internet, and if you don't you'll probably fall behind in some aspects. But I don't think that is AI?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Phil26correct me if I'm wrong when people say AI agenda I think they mean folks getting into smart grids and hooking themselves up to internet. I mean automation will play a role in this, but so do many other things, electricity, the internet etc but we don't call it electricity or internet agenda even though they probably play greater roles. I think the word AI is a marketing word to get people engaged as people are generally excited or depressed and scared about it - either way the mention of the word AI evokes strong emotional response - they control folks by emotions. But in reality when you break it down I don't think AI agenda is appropriate or helpful term 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Mr H said:

Sorry I found it little difficult to follow.

 

And to play devil's advocate as I stated it is not my belief.

 

Some false assumptions made.

 

Because existence may not revolve around us, doesn't mean humans are insignificant.

 

You say the ego doesn't exist, but go onto say those without one have a hive mind. That's not possible if it doesn't exist.

 

Further you say those with no sense of individuality have a hive mind, but give no qualification to the statement. In my experience it's the opposite. Generally speaking it's because people believe they are these limited individuated humans, that they have limited thinking and easier to manipulate and all think a like which we can generally observe - people watch same things, want same things etc. the belief in individuation, paradoxically leads to less individuation.

 

I guess we can test the theory as to whether humans are divine by observing experience. But the mention of divine implies God, which implies ultimately no individuation .

 

The above points confused me but I am a little tired today so .....

 

I also don't believe there is an AI agenda. AI has been around for centuries and even today it's nothing special. There's folks out there who'd love to hook themselves up to the internet, and if you don't you'll probably fall behind in some aspects. But I don't think that is AI?

You really need to read up on scientific research if you really believe AI is "nothing special".

 

What do you think AI is? 

 

Are you aware of the public debate on AI?

 

Actually I think you didn't follow what I wrote as I didn't say that about ego. The is no ego, it's just a theory with no evidence for it.

 

Name any evidence for an ego?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Mr H said:

Sorry I found it little difficult to follow.

 

And to play devil's advocate as I stated it is not my belief.

 

Some false assumptions made.

 

Because existence may not revolve around us, doesn't mean humans are insignificant.

 

You say the ego doesn't exist, but go onto say those without one have a hive mind. That's not possible if it doesn't exist.

 

Further you say those with no sense of individuality have a hive mind, but give no qualification to the statement. In my experience it's the opposite. Generally speaking it's because people believe they are these limited individuated humans, that they have limited thinking and easier to manipulate and all think a like which we can generally observe - people watch same things, want same things etc. the belief in individuation, paradoxically leads to less individuation.

 

I guess we can test the theory as to whether humans are divine by observing experience. But the mention of divine implies God, which implies ultimately no individuation .

 

The above points confused me but I am a little tired today so .....

 

I also don't believe there is an AI agenda. AI has been around for centuries and even today it's nothing special. There's folks out there who'd love to hook themselves up to the internet, and if you don't you'll probably fall behind in some aspects. But I don't think that is AI?

Divine doesn't imply God, as God in this world is very different to a separate divinity of existence.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Phil26 said:

Divine doesn't imply God, as God in this world is very different to a separate divinity of existence.

Ok I did not choose that word and the etymology is literally God like.

 

What is your definition of divine?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mr H said:

Ok I did not choose that word and the etymology is literally God like.

 

What is your definition of divine?

More to the point what is your definition of god?

 

Can you prove what god is?

 

Divine is god LIKE, not God.

 

A flower can be god like, so can a baby or the Sun. So all of those things can be divine.

 

Religion does not own the definition of god.

 

Given that gods, god and God can mean so many different things to different people so does the word divine. Also the usage and meaning of words change over time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mr H said:

@Phil26correct me if I'm wrong when people say AI agenda I think they mean folks getting into smart grids and hooking themselves up to internet. I mean automation will play a role in this, but so do many other things, electricity, the internet etc but we don't call it electricity or internet agenda even though they probably play greater roles. I think the word AI is a marketing word to get people engaged as people are generally excited or depressed and scared about it - either way the mention of the word AI evokes strong emotional response - they control folks by emotions. But in reality when you break it down I don't think AI agenda is appropriate or helpful term 

It's actually a very helpful term and extremely  appropriate.

 

It's not as if the powerful, wealthy elite are even hiding it, they speak about it publicly and publish their plans. Seriously, how are you missing all that?

 

Governments and corporations are rapidly developing AI through military research that is designed to monitor, control and take away freedom and choice from the population. You don't have a problem with the current control and surveillance using AI? The fact AI is 'advising' and steering government policy. It's AI that decides if someone gets a mortgage or a car loan, it's AI that is checking your kids exam and decides if they cheated, but don't worry it's nearly 60% right on that. AI decides who gets what healthcare. 

 

Even if you put aside the more esoteric material from David Icke I honestly can't understand how anyone can be in any doubt that the authorities globally are using AI technology in an AI agenda to control people. If you still cannot see that then you are willfully burying your head in the sand. All of the information is out there and everything can be checked for yourself. 

 

So in your opinion the jabs, the internet of things, brain interface, smart cities, cashless societies, UPF and transhumanism are ok?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Grumpy Grapes said:

 

There's a lot of dodgy New Age characters, many going mainstream. Wikipedia says about him:

 

Puddicombe is a regular contributor to The Guardian,[15] The Times,[16] Five Books[17] and Huffington Post,[18] writing about the benefits of mindfulness.

Television and radio

In 2013, Puddicombe was featured on the BBC science documentary, Horizon 'The Truth About Personality',[19] in which the Headspace app was tested for efficacy.[20]

Puddicombe contributes to BBC News[21] and BBC Radio[22] on matters of meditation, mindfulness, mental health and lifestyle. In 2010 he took part in the Pause For Thought series on BBC Radio 2.[23] He has made appearances on the Dr Oz show,[24] ABC news,[25] and The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon.[26] He also hosts a podcast named "Radio Headspace".

 

He's a TED speaker, of course.

 

https://www.ted.com/speakers/andy_puddicombe

 

The Headspace CEO is RUSSELL GLASS

 

"Russ is the CEO at Headspace, leading the company’s mission to transform mental health care to improve the health and happiness of the world. As a serial entrepreneur, Russ has held multiple CEO roles, most recently at Ginger, prior to its merger with Headspace in 2021, which resulted in the creation of an end-to-end mental health platform. He formerly led products for the marketing solutions group at LinkedIn and is the founder and former CEO and president of Bizo, a B2B marketing and data platform, which he sold to LinkedIn in 2014. While at Bizo, Russ co-authored “The Big Data-Driven Business,” a guide for how companies can use big data to drive better decision-making and results. 

He is also the author of the children’s book, “Voting with a Porpoise,” and serves on the board of the non-profit Rock the Vote, where he leverages his expertise in technology, data science, and branding to increase engagement and turnout among young voters."

 

"Jeff Weiner, the founder and chairman of LinkedIn, made the initial introduction shortly after Ginger had raised a fresh round of funding. He had acquired Glass’ previous company, a B2B marketing platform called Bizo, and also was an investor in Headspace."

 

Looking ahead, Glass said,

 

"Glass: We plan to continue to innovate and grow. We are already supporting Cigna, Kaiser Permanente and Oscar populations. We launched a Medicaid plan aligned with this vision of democratization, AmeriHealth Caritas. If you look at the need in the world today, the WHO estimates that there are more than 1 billion people with an active behavioral need that is undiagnosed. We know that 50 percent of the world’s population will have a mental health need in their lifetime. That’s billions of people who could derive value from this platform. Ten percent of enterprises have a dedicated behavioral health solution. That should be 100 percent so there’s massive room for growth. We built the technology to do this at scale."

 

A Headspace board director is Michael Strautmanis, with an Obama connection:

 

"A movement builder and ESG leader who believes in the power of storytelling [translation - he's a bloody liar], Michael Strautmanis leads the engagement strategy for the Obama Foundation including strategic partnerships, brand, marketing, communications & creative, digital strategy, alumni engagement, and community affairs. Mike also provides strategic guidance to the My Brothers' Keeper Alliance, President Obama’s program to drive evidence-based solutions to create safe & healthy communities for boys & young men of color. From the Foundation’s start-era, Mike built the Foundation's place-based impact strategy in Chicago, and has been a key leader in the development of the innovative Obama Presidential Center."

 

"An advisor to President Barack Obama for almost two decades, he served in the Obama White House for four of those years as the Chief of Staff of the Office of Public Engagement and Intergovernmental Affairs, and the President's Senior Advisor, Valerie Jarrett. In that role, Mike was at the center of crafting the White House's agenda, policy, and strategic approach to key initiatives, including health care reform, education, criminal justice reform, the growth of the technology sector, and the acceleration of clean energy technology. Mike is also a key architect of President and Mrs. Obama's unique approach to civic engagement and leadership development."

 

Andy sold Headspace, that why there is a new CEO.

 

He's on TED, must be ok then. 🙄😆

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Mr H said:

Our experience of the world is very different to other species based upon beliefs, because we have a degree of intelligence - but it's kinda ignorant when you think about it, that the whole world and existence is all about us, when we are nothing as a species, but a spec of dust in the cosmos.

 

Here's a thought that continues to blow my mind.

 

Material scientists have discovered over 5 million different species of life at this point.  The Hindus have the Wheel of 84 (84 lakhs, or 100,000 units, equalling 8.4 million species).  Man is around 8 billion or so.  And that is only one of the discovered total.  Then imagine various life forms we can't quantify, like ants, and they are only 1 on the list.  I really don't think this place was built for 'humans'. 

 

I believe, for whatever purpose humans were created (various theories i.e. slaves/miners, dominion, spiritual development, just to play, etc.) that part of the deal was, we would be given the opportunity, only while in human form (hence its greatness many refer to) to end our sojourn here and return to 'home/source'.  If Karma exists, so does Reincarnation.  But the act of breaking the cycle is the most occulted imho.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/14/2024 at 10:18 AM, Phil26 said:

Personally I avoid calling other people's opinions "ridiculous" as it is a sign of your disrespect for that person and their opinions. I have shown respect for your opinions and have not dismissed them in the way you have mine about meditation apps.

 

You are very defensive about meditation apps.

 

I'm happy to discuss meditation apps in more detail if you want to have a respectful discussion on it?

 

Firstly ALL meditation apps are UNNECESSARY. Humans have meditated for millions of years and history is full of mystics, great thinkers and others who have documented their success with NATURAL meditation techniques.

 

Secondly, the CIA and the military have been heavily involved with the development of those apps. These are the same people who have experimented on people and used psychological tactics to manipulate the population for a very long time. Do you trust them with your brain? Also the apps are programmed by the same corporations who sell you UPF, VR and want to inject you with chips. Again, do you trust those people's intentions?

 

All meditation apps are run by AI. All the responses you have, your use of them is monitored, logged and adapted to manipulate your use of them. Your brainwaves are being manipulated by those apps WITHOUT YOUR CONSCIOUS CONTROL. But when you meditate without them your BRAINWAVES ARE ENTIRELY UNDER YOUR CONTROL.

 

Another advantage of natural meditation is that your brain is going at it's own pace, while apps force brain restructuring under the control and pace of the app, which can cause brain damage.

 

There are plans by Musk and others to link meditation apps with brain chips. Also people already are hooked on VR meditation. 🙄

 

It is interesting to note people get addicted to meditation apps.

 

There is much more to this.

 

You calling something a "tool" does not make it benign. A gun is "just a tool". 

 

I'm very interested to hear you opinions on my points. I certainly won't label your opinion "ridiculous".

Not all apps for meditation are bad, that's simply a sweeping statement of assumption. I've used many apps,  and I know about the CIA  stuff. So what if some prefer help via aops with meditation? We are not all the same. We are in our own path. No one path is better than another. If  a tool works for someone who is starting out, then good for them. We can graduate to higher stuff our own way later. We all have to start somewhere.

Also, not everything is about meditation. There are many ways to connect. As an example, I don't particularly like meditation, but I can use certain frequencies instead. To each their own.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...