Silence is a Strong Form of Acceptance

Duewy

If a crowd just watches as one assaults another they are saying with their actions that they agree with the assault, otherwise they would have done something to stop the assault and prevent it from reoccurring. 

If this is true then Billions are condoning the mass extinction of innocent people. 

I feel ashamed of myself 

"And when they came for me I cried for help, but no one came to my aid, as they were all gone"

• Like 2

If you are speaking of what is happening in Gaza - I too feel ashamed, because the fate of Gaza will be the fate of the rest of the world.

Words for thought:

Familiarize yourself with the chains of bondage and you prepare your own limbs to wear them. Accustomed to trample on the rights of others, you have lost the genius of your own independence and become the fit subjects of the first cunning tyrant who rises among you.”  ~ Abraham Lincoln ~

He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.        ~Thomas Paine~

It behooves every man who values liberty of conscience for himself, to resist invasions of it in the case of others: or their case may, by change of circumstances, become his own.     ~ Thomas Jefferson ~

If we can't give voice to those who have none, then our fate will become the same as those being oppressed.

It seems that humans can only become "shocked" once ....... after that it becomes a normal everyday occurrence that we accept.

All I can ask is ............ HOW LONG?????

How long can you hear someone crying
How long can you hear someone dying
Before you ask yourself why?
And how long will it be 'till we've turned
To the tasks and the skills
That we'll have to have learned
If we're going to find our place in the future
And have something to offer
Where this planet's concerned
How long?

• Thanks 1

Maybe they are programmed by the TV programs to silently shut up and let the government take care of it all, perhaps it is self preservation: why get involved and possibly get hurt when it has nothing to do with you, just lower your head and silently baa along with the rest of the sheep