'SIMULATION' Contemplation ...

webtrekker

Often discussed, but nearly always with the same old arguments ...

The Simulation Theory proposes that we are living in a 'Simulation' and that our reality is purely information-based and 100% dependent on mathematics.

It's an interesting theory and, without going into too much boring detail, explores such things as the 'graininess' of reality and how there is a finite limit to the smallest 'pieces' that make up this reality, and is defined as the Planck Length, after the famous Max Planck. All of this and much more can be found by simple  searches on Google and YouTube.

What I propose here are purely my own thoughts on why we may be living in a Simulation.

To run any simulation you need a computer of sorts to handle all of the information. It then naturally follows that the larger and more detailed the simulation, the processor speed and storage requirements of the computer must increase too. Basic stuff, I'd say.

So let's now assume a super-advanced race of 'beings' has the technology available to run such a simulation. My questions would be:

1.  What would be the point of running such a simulation?
  2.  Would the simulation be left to run unattended?
  3.  Would a 'God' figure be introduced into the simulation?

Point 1

My own view is that such a simulation would not be run for fun, but would be used to obtain answers to some serious questions the creators have, whatever those may be.

Point 2

In light of my answer to Point 1, I would also assume that the simulation would be given initial conditions and left to run unattended. In other words, I believe no sensible answers can be gleaned from a simulation which is constantly tweaked.

Point 3

Now, the CRUNCHER! I can see no point in the creators programming the simulation with a God figure of any kind. This leads me to an answer for the age-old problem of why our own God has never intervened to help any of us in times of great suffering. Where was God during all the wars, famines, floods, fires, and countless other natural disaters and man-made atrocities, eh? It's simple ... there IS no GOD! We are here, stuck in this simulated reality, and will suffer as required, with no gods, white knights, or men dressed in tights ever in sight on the horizon.

After 71 years in this simulation this is sadly the conclusion I have come to, based purely on experience.

It's also why I find it futile to blame God for anything going wrong in the world.

If anyone can shed any light on why I'm wrong I'll gladly listen, as long as your answers don't involve blind faith.

• Like 1

"Simulation"is just another word for "illusion" or "unreal". And it's not a new idea at all.

These "creators" are in your mind, that's where the "simulation" is being run. I reject all these ideas that complexify what is so simple, they do so to misdirect and control you/us.  

The "mind" is the processor, it carries out the instructions given it.  "Little you" isn't what you are, it's a fantasy.

Here we are;

He's channeling...

Behold! The world, in all it's glory!

What's outside the illusury separation room?  Anything but a devastated wasteland as depicted in "The Matrix".

virtual.jpeg.ddea3e28907d29355d69fd88e5149d3b.jpeg

"We" are fragments of a fragment of the Greater Infinite Whole --Spirit ,that slipped into a dream of deceit.

Here, he's decided "the little game" might not be such a great idea after all... 

Edited by novymir

What I will say on this. Is. If it is a computer simulation what evidence is there? 

From my own experience and knowledge. The world is illusory for sure. We can use science or direct experience to say this. But I have yet personally found any evidence that it is computer generated.....

Hypothetically speaking to your question

I guess there could be many reasons for such a simulation and we may not have the tools to know why, and only project what we know. That it could be an experiment or something like that. But clearly such a being able to create such a thing has more intelligence capabilities and facilities than we could imagine. Reasons we cannot imagine if there need even be a reason. Maybe it's more like an artist than a scientist..

It seems to us quite complicated simulation somi guess probably wouldn't leave unattended

I guess essentially they would be the god figure 

Perhaps because we are aware that we are aware we are beyond the simulation in some way if it is a simulation or dream in some way or even if it is not .

Being aware of being aware is I suppose same as lucid dreaming too

."here and now"  to quote the birds in  Huxley's last novel Island which were trained to chant " here and now " to remind everyone to be .

Edited by Talorgan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A note about your comments about god and why he allows suffering.

There are many gods but only one god.

The many gods were created by humans with human like tendancies and beliefs. I.e.e morals, concepts of good and bad.

Humans made up this type of god and this is why this type of god has underperformed so to speak. He doesn't exist except in human mind

God god. In it's purest essence is not human like and knows no suffering and has to be experienced

Edited by Mr H

I disagree

There was a point in human history when there was no suffering, pain or hate. Ancient civilisations and lost underground cities prove there was once a time in human history where the world was different.

However the energy of the world chnged to allow evil in.  This is what we live in.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mr H said:

Need to.clarify what you mean by a simulation.

By 'Simulation,' I mean a program of sorts created by an advanced intelligence, set up with precise initial conditions and left to run its course without further interference.

Such a simulation is a Zero-Player game, where no outside influences ever take part in the sim, unlike today's popular simulation games, such as The Sims, where interaction from outside of the the game takes place. In fact, the movie The Matrix also isn't a good example of a simulation either, as the participants can exist inside and outside of the 'reality' provided by the sim.

An extremely simplified, yet good example of such a Zero-Player game is Game of Life by John Conway, which was developed back in 1970. Using a handful of very basic rules abd initial conditions the game can be set to run automatically. In some runs it will annihilate all of the cells in the game. In others it will keep on multiplying ad-infinitum, or even create strange, moving patterns of cells (nicknamed Gliders, Blinkers, Blocks, etc) all without any further outside interaction.

I remember writing a Game of Life program on my old ZX81 way back in the early 80's. It's fascinating stuff and very easy to understand and program!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mr H said:

A note about your comments about god and why he allows suffering.

There are many gods but only one god.

The many gods were created by humans with human like tendancies and beliefs. I.e.e morals, concepts of good and bad.

Humans made up this type of god and this is why this type of god has underperformed so to speak. He doesn't exist except in human mind

God god. In it's purest essence is not human like and knows no suffering and has to be experienced

There is no concept of 'God' in this type of simulation.

Because the sim is started with initial conditions then left to run freely without further input, then the only 'God' that can exist within the sim would be a God (or gods) created by the sim participants themselves. The advanced intelligence (or whatever you'd like to call it) is not a God as it exists outside of the simulation.

• Like 1

You are the God of this world. Collectively, we all are but a collective amnesia has made us forget our true identity and why we created this realm - the 'Great Work' - a bold experiment that has birthed carnivores, parasites and much pain, and ultimately can't succeed in its' goal to create a world without consequences. 

3 hours ago, webtrekker said:

There is no concept of 'God' in this type of simulation.

Because the sim is started with initial conditions then left to run freely without further input, then the only 'God' that can exist within the sim would be a God (or gods) created by the sim participants themselves. The advanced intelligence (or whatever you'd like to call it) is not a God as it exists outside of the simulation.

It is kinda funny. Because what you are describing is very similar to eastern traditions.

This place is an illusion.

And there is no entity called god, everything is essentially God.

This is also my experience and current view.

I personally haven't found any evidence though to say it is a simulation, only simulation-esque in nature as a way to describe it

• Thanks 1

Also it reminds me of a civilization on the limb of a tree slowly cutting the branch off to free itself from the tree when the Tree supports them 

Likewise early groups of people saw the Earth as Alive and they part of it so would harm it as little as possible.

So perhaps with modern technology and ways of thinking we are reinterpreting reality becoming estranged from mother Earth itself 

and who we are too so drifting into another  technocratic matrix 

Perhaps we need globally to realize we are in matter but that it matters too.

Perhaps the Earth is spiritually Aive at higher levels and we need to raise up humanity together so the technology becomes spiritual in essence and not harmful to life as it is becoming with our collective mindset ,eg using harmful frequencies to communicate whereas we could use spiritual ones etc 

What I meant really is just as Eastern religious beliefs gave us in India a caste system so globally the idea of it's a simulation could lead us down to apathy too and allow the psychopathic types that rise to the top of the game that they play to Con tinue to rule over us as a new priest scientific elite partly by our belief system 

Edited by Talorgan
  • Like 1

I find it hilarious what Humans define themselves as. The fact that everyone is in containment remains unchanged. I see an endless and pointless struggle to rise above nothing and pretend to be a creator. No creator uses technomagic. Designs will never become deities..

23 hours ago, Talorgan said:

Perhaps because we are aware that we are aware we are beyond the simulation in some way if it is a simulation or dream in some way or even if it is not .

Being aware of being aware is I suppose same as lucid dreaming too

."here and now"  to quote the birds in  Huxley's last novel Island which were trained to chant " here and now " to remind everyone to be .

It’s a great novel, as the tanks roll past and they’re tripping on mushrooms, at the end the protagonist has learnt to be in the ‘here and now’ instead of his old flustered, western materialistic mindset from the start of the book.

Huxley is trying to suggest that how you think effects your reality, literally shaping the 3D world we inhabit.

With this in mind and regarding the simulation theory, I can’t help but remember something I read about how the brain is basically useless, and our consciousness is being projected from a cloud-like ‘computing’ realm where everyone and everything is the same consciousness. The brain is just a receiving node for this signal, and we can receive it even with just one cell of our brains intact. 

If it is a simulation, then our consciousness may be the interactive signal we can adjust to shape the world, which is also a result of the same signal. 

I’m rambling a bit and I might have missed some stuff out, but I think I’m getting at something, I dunno ! 

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, LastOneLeftInTheCounty said:

It’s a great novel, as the tanks roll past and they’re tripping on mushrooms, at the end the protagonist has learnt to be in the ‘here and now’ instead of his old flustered, western materialistic mindset from the start of the book.

Huxley is trying to suggest that how you think effects your reality, literally shaping the 3D world we inhabit.

With this in mind and regarding the simulation theory, I can’t help but remember something I read about how the brain is basically useless, and our consciousness is being projected from a cloud-like ‘computing’ realm where everyone and everything is the same consciousness. The brain is just a receiving node for this signal, and we can receive it even with just one cell of our brains intact. 

If it is a simulation, then our consciousness may be the interactive signal we can adjust to shape the world, which is also a result of the same signal. 

I’m rambling a bit and I might have missed some stuff out, but I think I’m getting at something, I dunno ! 

Well Huxley used to write about the brain as a reducing valve for the mind at large .

I suppose this would fit with this idea although individual consciousness may be filtered even more perhaps individually or even qualitatively unique individually ?

The interesting thing could be if the full steam ahead is for human brain cells computers would this possible "trap " consciousness in it at "some" point .

A bit like Aladdin s lamp or even another matrix simulation ?

Hopefully not and we are more  separated  to technology at higher levels .

Edited by Talorgan
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Talorgan said:

Well Huxley used to write about the brain as a reducing valve for the mind at large .

I suppose this would fit with this idea although individual consciousness may be filtered even more perhaps individually or even qualitatively unique individually ?

The interesting thing could be if the full steam ahead is for human brain cells computers would this possible "trap " consciousness in it at "some" point .

A bit like Aladdin s lamp or even another matrix simulation ?

Hopefully not and we are more  separated  to technology at higher levels .

I guess if we could make a computer out of human brain cells there would be some kind of singularity or massive glitch in the matrix, we’d then realise that it’s already been done and we’re living the results of that event- we are in fact living in an endless simulated loop. 
Maybe that’s why they try to suppress consciousness, so we don’t realise it’s actually all been done before.

The gods already knew what their fate at ragnarok would be, if that doesn’t indicate that everything has already happened then I don’t know what does

12 hours ago, 78ast78dgyad said:

There needs to be evil for us to learn and progress

Imagine we lived in a utopia - what would be the point?

This video answers your exact question

This is actually a topic that crossed my mind yesterday.

If you live in the world of duality then you believe that good can only exist because of bad, black because of white etc....in this understanding you can learn from evil

But this is all still living under the illusion. Because behind the veil there is no good, bad, black white. Just IS. From this place where the highest knowledge is to be found.

• Like 1

On 12/16/2023 at 2:29 PM, Mr H said:

This is actually a topic that crossed my mind yesterday.

If you live in the world of duality then you believe that good can only exist because of bad, black because of white etc....in this understanding you can learn from evil

But this is all still living under the illusion. Because behind the veil there is no good, bad, black white. Just IS. From this place where the highest knowledge is to be found.

I asked this question several months ago

There needs to be evil

No one wants a utopia - however the question becomes

more complicated because there was once a time in human history when we coexisted with aliens in a type of utopia

8 minutes ago, 78ast78dgyad said:

I asked this question several months ago

There needs to be evil

No one wants a utopia - however the question becomes

more complicated because there was once a time in human history when we coexisted with aliens in a type of utopia

Yeah. But there needent be the opposite utopia, just isness which would translate into human experience as peace. I think this is our natural state prior to objective experience 

On 12/14/2023 at 2:20 AM, webtrekker said:

Often discussed, but nearly always with the same old arguments ...

The Simulation Theory proposes that we are living in a 'Simulation' and that our reality is purely information-based and 100% dependent on mathematics.

It's an interesting theory and, without going into too much boring detail, explores such things as the 'graininess' of reality and how there is a finite limit to the smallest 'pieces' that make up this reality, and is defined as the Planck Length, after the famous Max Planck. All of this and much more can be found by simple  searches on Google and YouTube.

What I propose here are purely my own thoughts on why we may be living in a Simulation.

To run any simulation you need a computer of sorts to handle all of the information. It then naturally follows that the larger and more detailed the simulation, the processor speed and storage requirements of the computer must increase too. Basic stuff, I'd say.

So let's now assume a super-advanced race of 'beings' has the technology available to run such a simulation. My questions would be:

1.  What would be the point of running such a simulation?
  2.  Would the simulation be left to run unattended?
  3.  Would a 'God' figure be introduced into the simulation?

Point 1

My own view is that such a simulation would not be run for fun, but would be used to obtain answers to some serious questions the creators have, whatever those may be.

Point 2

In light of my answer to Point 1, I would also assume that the simulation would be given initial conditions and left to run unattended. In other words, I believe no sensible answers can be gleaned from a simulation which is constantly tweaked.

Point 3

Now, the CRUNCHER! I can see no point in the creators programming the simulation with a God figure of any kind. This leads me to an answer for the age-old problem of why our own God has never intervened to help any of us in times of great suffering. Where was God during all the wars, famines, floods, fires, and countless other natural disaters and man-made atrocities, eh? It's simple ... there IS no GOD! We are here, stuck in this simulated reality, and will suffer as required, with no gods, white knights, or men dressed in tights ever in sight on the horizon.

After 71 years in this simulation this is sadly the conclusion I have come to, based purely on experience.

It's also why I find it futile to blame God for anything going wrong in the world.

If anyone can shed any light on why I'm wrong I'll gladly listen, as long as your answers don't involve blind faith.

Heres my latest since I feel like I've been here before

Theres infinite versions of me and you

Everything that has happened, that will happen, that is happening, is happening right here at this moment in time in wherever we are

Now every time you want change or do make the change you are looking for

Now you enter a different parallel universe, you enter a different version of you, therefore all the versions of the people you know are now different

Maybe you can only be concious in one version of yourself, this is your own unique base reality, it's wherever you want to be

Ever gone to sleep or blinked and felt like everything changed in an instant?

Constant de ja vous?

Are we really manifesting our own unique reality

Each time we change, bending into a different simulation or parallel universe?

Where do our thoughts go? Even a computer cannot be fully erased, the data is just crunched and crunched

Is the key in becoming more concious with each thought and more importantly action here

Every time you change for the "better" do you increase the vibration of the infinite versions of you, improving the infinite ammount of simulations existing? 

Everything overlapping?

I wonder if you can jump out, go where you want, bring what you want here, I think what is outside is a manifestation of whats inside

The signs seem to correlate with me

The overlapping, is that why things that happened in other timelines can and will happen again?

Do we ever die? I don't think we do, I think sometimes that maybe the concious version of you that dies in one paralell has already jumped to the next paralell and has to continue on the path or regress again, until?

Either you finish one timeline, you start another? If you're concious enough do you re-join the upper conciousness driving everything, just pure energy, is this why it seems like things are being dragged down here?

Did they figure out how to stop people finishing timelines fully and increasing the pure energy? Is that just an idea that exists in our minds?

It's not possible to know really, but spiritual growth seems to be the only answer to me, everything else brings me back to the same point in time, the same cycles repeating over and over again, it's incredibly confusing to feel I've broken them but I can remember things I'm doing like they happened yesterday, but only at the time of doing... does this mean I've gotten here before? I've gotten back on track now and need to keep going this time? I know where I'm heading and that is deeper. 

Deeper into the self, into the isolation I find I am turning inside out, becoming inclusive of everything, becoming more beneficial, more supportive of my immediate surroundings and beyond... 

The question, is this my own unique experience, how many concious versions are here? Is there a base reality/realities where more concious beings are going towards? Are any of you real? Will anybody see my thoughts with sense? Or is it for your own unique experience to question everything and learn and evolve, growing towards a higher base reality?

Every time you close your eyes, every time you go to sleep, do you think you open your eyes to the same reality? Or do we open our eyes onto a new one?

Is it about changing the reality?

Or is it about changing the self?

One is much easier

The other is seemingly impossible....

Edited by Sanityisgone

• 1 month later...
On 12/15/2023 at 7:52 PM, LastOneLeftInTheCounty said:

Sorry to quote the bible but "In the beginning was the Word (frequency/vibration), and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.... The Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us."

You utter words called prayer some call it curse e.g. "I am going to create a castle!" and that becomes flesh i.e. 3D reality. So imo, this is true.

On 12/15/2023 at 7:52 PM, LastOneLeftInTheCounty said:

We may be accessing the same consciousness but I look at it like this.

We all have access to the same software called Photoshop which is cloud hosted but we are also individual and create different images according to individual style.  We all have heart, lungs etc which are all part of you but different.

12 hours ago, DaleP said:

Sorry to quote the bible but "In the beginning was the Word (frequency/vibration), and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.... The Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us."

You utter words called prayer some call it curse e.g. "I am going to create a castle!" and that becomes flesh i.e. 3D reality. So imo, this is true.

Others might call it magic, all these names are true.