Gareth Southgate is all confused...

numnuts

I meant to start a topic about this, as soon as I saw the story, but I was busy and forgot. It's stuff like this that really brings a smile to my face. The England camp acted all indignant about going to Qatar for the World Cup. Harry Kane talked the talk, but ended up being too yellow to even risk seeing yellow. Now, the same manager doesn't seem to understand why one of his players, a player who has really talked the talk in the past, has gotten stick for going to ply his trade in Saudi Arabia. Yes, a country even worse than Qatar, when it comes to so-called human rights. Apparently, not for money though! 🙃 It would 'defy logic', if Henderson hadn't gotten lambasted, wouldn't it? It also 'defies logic', as to how Southgate could be so fake. They just make it all up, as they go along, don't they? If ever in doubt about anything, then just consult the TV screen for instructions!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67108583

'England 1-0 Australia: Fans booing Jordan Henderson 'defies logic' says Gareth Southgate.'

Jordan Henderson - "If I wear the rainbow armband, if that disrespects their religion, then that's not right either. Everybody should be respectful of religion and culture." 😀   

Edited by numnuts
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Anti Facts Sir said:

England fans aren't all quite as stupid as we're led to believe.

I hope so. The hypocrisy is astonishing. Southgate seems to be lobbying for Henderson, on the basis of what he has done on the pitch. I thought that the whole ethos of the England squad was now supposed to be about tackling things that weren't ok off the pitch. Unless, so it seems, it is a member of the England squad acting all high and mighty in Qatar and on social media, then skulking off to Saudi Arabia for more dollars.

It's the likes of Southgate and Henderson, totally braindead idiots who stand for nothing when push comes to shove, that are a key reason as to why the U.K. is sinking in to the sewers. If the England squad had any balls whatsoever, then they would have boycotted the 2022 World Cup in Qatar. I am just waiting for Harry Kane to join Henderson in backing Saudi Arabia's 2034 World Cup bid, with his cheesy 'We can shine a light on it all, when we are over there!' excuse.   

132098-1623778520.jpg?lm=1

useful_idiot_6_cm_round_badge-r731d9de61

Edited by numnuts
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
Posted (edited)

Rather than start a new thread, I am making a post about this story simply to highlight more of the rampant hypocrisy that exists in our world. I just loved the fact that it is to do with F1. Probably the fakest sports crew going. 😀 Even more amusing is the fact that Geri Halliwell was flying to Bahrain to be with Horner, after his 'exoneration', when the messages were leaked to all of the F1 bigwigs. If she is now said to be reconsidering her relationship with him, then the messages were very likely worse than she thought they were. Anyone know if the messages have also been leaked online yet?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/68461379

'Christian Horner: Jos Verstappen says controversy 'driving team apart'.'

'An anonymous email including messages purporting to involve Horner were leaked on Thursday, a day after Red Bull dismissed a complaint of inappropriate behaviour against him. Horner has refused to say if the leaked messages are genuine.' (I will answer for Horner. The leaked messages must be genuine or he would have denied then. As he hasn't openly admitted they are genuine, after his 'exoneration', no less then they must be very inappropriate. Ergo, there was a whitewash.)

Edited by numnuts

• 2 weeks later...

Guy's a weasel. Not that the Verstappens seem to be lovely folks either. If the scandal turns it all tits-up for Red Bull then I'll have to find a very tiny violin.

The Saudis who really own and run F1 have Horner's back so it's probably teflon time anyway.