Jump to content

Conflict in Israel 2023


Mr H

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, legion said:

I am more than capable of knowing what's been done not only to the UK population, the same as most of the world with the Jab AND feeling empathy for people stuck in Gaza. 

 

It's not a case of 'picking a side'. 

It's seeing the crimes committed by Israel since it's inception. 

 

It's seeing every western country turning a blind eye to endless crimes. 

 

It's seeing the Mainstream Media push one side.. 

 

As Max Igan constantly reminds us - what happens in Gaza will affect the whole world / happen to the whole world. 

 

I get that Israel is much more powerful than Palestine, yet there are crimes on both sides. Gaza has been sending rockets and fire-balloons over to Israel on a lower level for a long time.  It's like an endless tit for tat.  The border fence which Hamas penetrated on Saturday must have been leaky already for them to smuggle in all these rockets and other weapons from whoever is supplying them. 

 

Why should it be just the Western countries that are responsible to solve what is an Asian problem? It's as if there's an identification of Israel with the West, and Palestine with the East but really the whole area is Asian. I don't have a problem with us trying to help but I can see the conflict being used as yet another stick to beat the West and try to give us more white guilt. 

  

Edited by Campion
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, legion said:

 

How can you not empathise with the peoples trapped in Gaza..? 

 

 

Don't get me wrong, of course I do empathise with those people, just as much as I empathise with any people being unlawfully attacked and bombarded.

 

I'm just pointing out the absurdity of this situation, where people here in the UK were told to be 'horrified' when Hamas attacked Israel, and now while hundreds of innocent people in Palestine are being killed in 'retaliatory attacks' by Israel - because, muh, "Israel has the right to defend itself" - anyone who dares speak out and criticise Israel is being lambasted as a 'terrorist sympathiser' or worse an 'anti-semite'.

 

But at the end of the day, this is not 'our' conflict, but it is one that is being used to stoke up divisions across the world.

 

If anyone wants to take a side, stand with every innocent person who just wants a nice peaceful life without being bombed or suppressed by some government trying to push an agenda.

 

 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seems that there's a huge divide between the West's ruling class and it's ordinary people..

 

Craig Murray - latest blog 

 

"... 

You can go out in the streets of the UK with an Israeli flag and yell that you want every Palestinian to be cleansed from Gaza. That is not illegal. If you say the Palestinians have a right to resist their genocide, that is illegal.

That appears to be a genuine analysis of the law in the UK, France and many other western countries.

That is intended to terrify all of us. It will not work... " 

 

More here :

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2023/10/fascism-in-the-west-to-enable-genocide-in-palestine/ 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Grumpy Owl said:

 

If anyone wants to take a side, stand with every innocent person who just wants a nice peaceful life without being bombed or suppressed by some government trying to push an agenda

 

As fellow innocent people who want a peaceful life... It is 'our' conflict. 

 

If we don't speak out about this now... when should we...?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Campion said:

 

I get that Israel is much more powerful than Palestine, yet there are crimes on both sides

 

There are - but at a ratio of 40:1 on Israel’s side. Israel has the 4th most powerful Military in the world. 

There's also the historical background to this too.. 

Millions removed from their homes, which continues to happen despite International Laws. 

This isn't "tit for tat". 

 

13 hours ago, Campion said:

. I don't have a problem with us trying to help but I can see the conflict being used as yet another stick to beat the West and try to give us more white guilt. 

 

The USA and the UK are helping. But helping the aggressors - against the larger popular opinion of the normal people. I feel no white guilt. The government of my country are not acting for or representating me. It's just more deciept and upside-down forked tongued BS from the ruling class. 

 

Right thinking people can see through all this, surely..? 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, legion said:

Seems that there's a huge divide between the West's ruling class and it's ordinary people..

 

Craig Murray - latest blog 

 

"... 

You can go out in the streets of the UK with an Israeli flag and yell that you want every Palestinian to be cleansed from Gaza. That is not illegal. If you say the Palestinians have a right to resist their genocide, that is illegal.

That appears to be a genuine analysis of the law in the UK, France and many other western countries.

That is intended to terrify all of us. It will not work... " 

 

More here :

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2023/10/fascism-in-the-west-to-enable-genocide-in-palestine/ 

 

 

 

 

Further - Craig Murray 

 

" We are witnessing almost all western governments deliberately facilitating massacre, ethnic cleansing and genocide. We are witnessing almost all western governments turning on their own people to crush dissent at that complicity in genocide.

 

This feels not so much like the week that western democracy died, as the week it was impossible any longer to deny that western democracy died some time ago."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I support a few right leaning Palestinians that understand that this isn't just a western issue, that's about it. Both sides usually hate us and call us colonizers when they're in the West.

 

On 4/7/2023 at 11:10 AM, EnigmaticWorld said:

Operation SIG in action. Blaming Europeans for Israel. 👇

 

opsig.jpg

 

 

If any of them start banging on with the OpSIG narrative then I just switch off and start thinking about my own group instead.

 

zc.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Human Rights Watch (HRW) has reported having verified videos of Israel deploying controversial white phosphorus munitions, including over Gaza City, amid the ongoing confrontation with Hamas. The substance produces an incendiary effect and when discharged over densely populated areas risks indiscriminate harm to civilians.

The Israeli military fired 155mm airburst artillery shells over Gaza’s port on Wednesday and over two rural locations in the border area of Lebanon on Tuesday, the international organization reported on Thursday. It analyzed video footage of the incidents and interviewed witnesses to confirm the nature of the weapons used. The deployment of white phosphorus in Gaza is of particular concern, since it puts civilians in the area at risk, the watchdog noted.

“Any time that white phosphorus is used in crowded civilian areas, it poses a high risk of excruciating burns and lifelong suffering,” said Lama Fakih, Middle East and North Africa director at Human Rights Watch.

“White phosphorus is unlawfully indiscriminate when airburst in populated urban areas, where it can burn down houses and cause egregious harm to civilians,” she added. 

 

https://swentr.site/news/584816-isreal-white-phosphorus-hrw/ 

 

 

 

Screenshot_20231014_125241.jpg

  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dozens of people, mostly women and children, have been injured and killed in Israeli airstrikes on evacuation convoys fleeing Gaza City, according to Hamas officials.

 

The IDF has yet to respond to the accusations, after ordering more than 1 million people to leave the northern part of the enclave “to save their lives.”

 

The UN humanitarian body, OCHA, said several “vehicles of those evacuating the north were hit, killing more than 40 people and injuring 150 others,” citing data from health officials in the Hamas-governed Palestinian enclave.

 

“These incidents prompted many people to abandon their evacuation efforts and return home,” the UN agency added, as “heavy Israeli bombardments, from the air, sea and land, have continued almost uninterrupted.” 

 

https://swentr.site/news/584880-gaza-evacuation-convoys-victims/ 

 

 

Screenshot_20231014_130445.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, legion said:

Seems that there's a huge divide between the West's ruling class and it's ordinary people..

 

Craig Murray - latest blog 

 

"... 

You can go out in the streets of the UK with an Israeli flag and yell that you want every Palestinian to be cleansed from Gaza. That is not illegal. If you say the Palestinians have a right to resist their genocide, that is illegal.

That appears to be a genuine analysis of the law in the UK, France and many other western countries.

That is intended to terrify all of us. It will not work... " 

 

More here :

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2023/10/fascism-in-the-west-to-enable-genocide-in-palestine/ 

 

 

 

Yip.

 

And seems a lot of support shown today throughout the UK today. Some cities mentioned here but I know it's more . 

 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12630283/Hamas-arrested-Met-Police-pro-Palestinian-protesters-London-officers.html

 

Thousands of pro-Palestine supporters take to the streets of London, Manchester, Liverpool, Bristol and Newcastle as Met Police warn: Support Hamas and you will be arrested

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Mr H said:

Yip.

 

And seems a lot of support shown today throughout the UK today. Some cities mentioned here but I know it's more . 

 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12630283/Hamas-arrested-Met-Police-pro-Palestinian-protesters-London-officers.html

 

Thousands of pro-Palestine supporters take to the streets of London, Manchester, Liverpool, Bristol and Newcastle as Met Police warn: Support Hamas and you will be arrested

 

Protests in NYC too.. 

 

 

 

Edited by legion
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, legion said:

There are - but at a ratio of 40:1 on Israel’s side. Israel has the 4th most powerful Military in the world. 

There's also the historical background to this too.. 

Millions removed from their homes, which continues to happen despite International Laws. 

This isn't "tit for tat". 

 

The USA and the UK are helping. But helping the aggressors - against the larger popular opinion of the normal people. I feel no white guilt. The government of my country are not acting for or representating me. It's just more deciept and upside-down forked tongued BS from the ruling class. 

 

Right thinking people can see through all this, surely..? 

 

It's definitely not an equal tit for tat, yes Israel is much more powerful but the Palestinians do what they can even if it's just throwing stones at the IDF. Israel's restrained to some extent by international relations, instead it's like a war happening in slow motion and this is just the latest battle. Israel seems to have adopted a very long term strategy unlike most western countries, who just try to firefight each crisis as it comes up which manages to prevent the "international community" doing anything effective.  It's like the downfall of the west happening in slow motion too. Most of us have such a short attention span we can't see the agenda slowly unfolding all around us. 

Edited by Campion
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, legion said:

Human Rights Watch (HRW) has reported having verified videos of Israel deploying controversial white phosphorus munitions, including over Gaza City, amid the ongoing confrontation with Hamas. The substance produces an incendiary effect and when discharged over densely populated areas risks indiscriminate harm to civilians.

The Israeli military fired 155mm airburst artillery shells over Gaza’s port on Wednesday and over two rural locations in the border area of Lebanon on Tuesday, the international organization reported on Thursday. It analyzed video footage of the incidents and interviewed witnesses to confirm the nature of the weapons used. The deployment of white phosphorus in Gaza is of particular concern, since it puts civilians in the area at risk, the watchdog noted.

“Any time that white phosphorus is used in crowded civilian areas, it poses a high risk of excruciating burns and lifelong suffering,” said Lama Fakih, Middle East and North Africa director at Human Rights Watch.

“White phosphorus is unlawfully indiscriminate when airburst in populated urban areas, where it can burn down houses and cause egregious harm to civilians,” she added. 

 

https://swentr.site/news/584816-isreal-white-phosphorus-hrw/ 

 

 

 

Screenshot_20231014_125241.jpg

used last time as well. Israel denied its use and said they would investigate themselves to see if they were lying. An Al Jazeera reporter filmed a child handling it. World ignored.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, legion said:

Just become aware of the unofficial "Hannibal Directive". 

 

It's (unofficially) okay for Israelis to kill other Israelis in certain circumstances. 

 

 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hannibal Directive 

 

 

 

Screenshot_20231014_184533.jpg

 

Which leads me onto this claim about IDF killing hostages.. 

 

Is zero hedges credible..? 

 

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/hamas-claims-26-hostages-died-israeli-airstrikes-including-foreigners-after-idf-finds 

 

 

Screenshot_20231014_184848.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Bombadil said:

used last time as well. Israel denied its use and said they would investigate themselves to see if they were lying. An Al Jazeera reporter filmed a child handling it. World ignored.

 

White Phosphorus is evil stuff. 

Should be banned in ANY circumstances.  

 

Wounds can 're-ignite' when dressings are changed..!!! 🤯

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...