Looks like they're on to Russell Brand now.

78ast78dgyad

21 hours ago, Grumpy Grapes said:

But why are more and more dodgy characters endorsing apparently 'positive' New Age ideas/techniques? Are they just jumping on the New Age bandwagon for personal gain, or is there a dark side to engaging with the subconscious mind? IMO it's both. 

Mostly because they are members of the TM organisation, which is not benign in any way - it funds political parties in India and probably elsewhere and has many members "of influence" in America. And TM is not particularly New Age as it's been around for thousands of years in India, and in the public domain since the 50s. I notice you are not calling out Mindfulness, which is Buddhist meditation, with the Buddhism edited out and good PR.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, k_j_evans said:

Mostly because they are members of the TM organisation, which is not benign in any way - it funds political parties in India and probably elsewhere and has many members "of influence" in America. And TM is not particularly New Age as it's been around for thousands of years in India, and in the public domain since the 50s. I notice you are not calling out Mindfulness, which is Buddhist meditation, with the Buddhism edited out and good PR.

I wasn't singling out TM for special attention - only because Brand recommended it. There's lots of New Age therapies that just variations on a theme. 

There is an agenda to capture new age types IMO. Many are easy pickings as they are the modern day hippies who waft around high on weed or other substances with a drifting type mentality. They aren't particularly clued up to whats happening in the world, they will believe anything that has a spiritual or natural health label attached to it. Ive met lots of them in the past 3 years. 

• Like 1

On 11/20/2023 at 8:49 PM, Grumpy Grapes said:

But why are more and more dodgy characters endorsing apparently 'positive' New Age ideas/techniques? Are they just jumping on the New Age bandwagon for personal gain, or is there a dark side to engaging with the subconscious mind? IMO it's both. 

Because "new age" / spiritually as you call it is the direction of travel.

We've looked for happiness in all objective experience and no one found it, so folks will now begin the inner journey. For many this will be a time for great manipulation and for others liberation.

Mindfulness and meditation were promoted as effective stress busters on the BBC's psychology show on Radio 4, "All In the Mind" (November 21st 2023), hosted by CLAUDIA HAMMOND, who in the first half of that show had - throwing out the BBC's impartiality remit - enthusiastically rejected conspiracy theories and said she was glad to hear from an interviewee/'expert' who said that conspiracy theory belief was not on the rise.

Hammond studied applied psychology at the University of Sussex; moving on to the University of Surrey, where she gained an MSc in health psychology. At the University of Sussex in 2019, Hammond was appointed visiting professor of the Public Understanding of Psychology in the psychology department.

On 11/21/2023 at 7:34 PM, Grumpy Grapes said:

I wasn't singling out TM for special attention - only because Brand recommended it. There's lots of New Age therapies that just variations on a theme. 

I think they may also be "targetting" Brand as the average age of TM teachers must now be in the 60s and it costs a lot to train - most of the independents don't do teacher training, so, anyone who is seen as having an influence (possibly on younger people) is being promoted (who says he even wrote the book himself?). A few years back they were pushing David Lynch, but he's probably not popular enough now - and in the 80s in this country it was John Harvey Jones when they wanted business people. Back in the 60s and 70s, when they just wanted as many as possible it was pop stars and actors (like the Beetles and Donovan, and Mia Farrow - her sister, Prudence, became a TM teacher)

On 11/22/2023 at 6:46 PM, Grumpy Grapes said:

Mindfulness and meditation were promoted as effective stress busters on the BBC's psychology show on Radio 4, "All In the Mind" (November 21st 2023), hosted by CLAUDIA HAMMOND, who in the first half of that show had - throwing out the BBC's impartiality remit - enthusiastically rejected conspiracy theories and said she was glad to hear from an interviewee/'expert' who said that conspiracy theory belief was not on the rise.

Hammond studied applied psychology at the University of Sussex; moving on to the University of Surrey, where she gained an MSc in health psychology. At the University of Sussex in 2019, Hammond was appointed visiting professor of the Public Understanding of Psychology in the psychology department.

Yes, it's a Buddhist concentration technique which will work if you can manage to stick with it. It's also got such good PR that it has been endorsed by the NHS for many years. TM is much easier to do - plus I know a doctor who actually manged to use TM to lower his blood pressure while he was having a brain bleed so that he was not permanently brain damaged or dead. His neurologist apparently confirmed it - but I don't know the neurologist. I suspect that all meditation techniques work if you can stick to them (doing the Rosary is a form of meditation, for example). University of Surrey: wasn't that Guildford Poly? And  a old school friend of mine who became a clinical psychologist and worked at UEA, wrote a similar article rating TM - academics write/promote what is in their best interest at the time

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, k_j_evans said:

Yes, it's a Buddhist concentration technique which will work if you can manage to stick with it. It's also got such good PR that it has been endorsed by the NHS for many years. TM is much easier to do - plus I know a doctor who actually manged to use TM to lower his blood pressure while he was having a brain bleed so that he was not permanently brain damaged or dead. His neurologist apparently confirmed it - but I don't know the neurologist. I suspect that all meditation techniques work if you can stick to them (doing the Rosary is a form of meditation, for example). University of Surrey: wasn't that Guildford Poly? And  a old school friend of mine who became a clinical psychologist and worked at UEA, wrote a similar article rating TM - academics write/promote what is in their best interest at the time

Sorry to go off thread, but Surrey University's Chancellor since 1976 is the Queen's cousin the Duke of Kent, also the Grandmaster Freemason for even longer.

Surrey University hosted international annual conferences of the Rosicrucian organisation AMORC back in the 1990s. 

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.nme.com/news/tv/sean-lock-said-hates-russell-brand-resurfaced-clip-3500347

"

... Speaking in the clip from the Channel 4 show 8 Out Of 10 Cats, Lock said: “The main problem now is that people get the politicians they deserve, because they don’t take any interest in politics. And [Brand] saying to people who are disaffected already, and aren’t engaged with the political process, ‘Don’t vote’, is the most moronic, self-serving, pathetic bit of attention-seeking wank.”

He added: “Probably the reason I hate him so much is because I’m a dad, and I’ve got this fear that one day my daughters will bring somebody like that home.”

... "

14 minutes ago, Observations said:

https://www.nme.com/news/tv/sean-lock-said-hates-russell-brand-resurfaced-clip-3500347

"

... Speaking in the clip from the Channel 4 show 8 Out Of 10 Cats, Lock said: “The main problem now is that people get the politicians they deserve, because they don’t take any interest in politics. And [Brand] saying to people who are disaffected already, and aren’t engaged with the political process, ‘Don’t vote’, is the most moronic, self-serving, pathetic bit of attention-seeking wank.”

He added: “Probably the reason I hate him so much is because I’m a dad, and I’ve got this fear that one day my daughters will bring somebody like that home.”

... "

Well considering all elections are rigged and its not anything approaching a democracy, what is the point of voting? Its a corrupt, old boys club, sham. 

Imagine if nobody did vote though, kinda makes you wonder what their reaction would be. There's probably some old law they can invoke to keep power regardless.

I don't personally love or hate Brand, he's just an entertainer like they all are, politicians included.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2023 at 5:10 PM, BornFreeNowAgain said:

Totally agree. I don't actually follow what is going on as much I used to either; the plot remains the same but it is just the actors that change. I only follow the information as much as I need to to try to stay ahead of the plans and to know how much the agenda is rolling out, the rest I leave. Perhaps that is simply down to the number of years I have been 'awake' and that nothing new is really out there, which is why many of us were drawn to the Archaix stuff as it was something new and different. 

A mate I catch up with on a weekly basis will often ask me, 'did you see this' and I am like 'nah I didn't' where once upon a time I was all over it. Following information and taking no real action both micro and macro is no good to anyone. 'truth information' is much like soap opera's; the plots are just repeated, but the actors and characters are just changed over the years, the same is similar in 'truth information'. Know just as much as you need to stay informed and ahead of the game is my new philosophy. That way I have more time to do healing and growing Spiritually, and THAT is the true freedom. 

An astrologer i listen to says that our current reality is like watching a play and being in the audience. Its not well acted, the scenery is starting to crumble, the audience start to get wise to just how bad it is and start talking amongst themselves about walking out...

Pretty good analogy for our times. Its a version of the Trueman Show. So long as we understand that and not be affected by all the set falling apart etc we can walk off at the end and leave the lunatics to the asylum of their making 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Mr H said:

Joey Barton the latest target.

Haven't been following but seems woke enemy no 1 at the mo.

He is saying what a lot of football fans have been thinking for a while and are too scared, or too weak. Nothing wrong with having female pundits, but Barton is arguing that they should be chosen by ability not by tokenism (Jordan Peterson's 'Equality of opportunity versus equality of outcome argument). The good thing is, I cannot see Barton bowing down so it will be interesting where this ends up. The interview below isn't the best in reality, Barton and Pearl seemed to be on different wavelengths at times, but still interesting nonetheless;

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BornFreeNowAgain said:

He is saying what a lot of football fans have been thinking for a while and are too scared, or too weak. Nothing wrong with having female pundits, but Barton is arguing that they should be chosen by ability not by tokenism (Jordan Peterson's 'Equality of opportunity versus equality of outcome argument). The good thing is, I cannot see Barton bowing down so it will be interesting where this ends up. The interview below isn't the best in reality, Barton and Pearl seemed to be on different wavelengths at times, but still interesting nonetheless;

Joey Barton 🙏♥️

Amazing Polly posted this graphic.

Maybe we shouldnt be surprised, the alternative truther movement has become the new big bucks for a chosen few. Shame though, shouldnt be about fame or money.

New-Gatekeepers.jpg

Edited by northern star
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, BornFreeNowAgain said:

Thx. Watched bit of that a d the Piers Morgan one which kicked this off...

I didn't think he said anything too outrageous....wants meritocracy and doesn't like female commentators......whip him!!!! 

35 minutes ago, Mr H said:

Thx. Watched bit of that a d the Piers Morgan one which kicked this off...

I didn't think he said anything too outrageous....wants meritocracy and doesn't like female commentators......whip him!!!! 

Exactly mate. I am sure one of the comments summed it up, 'when Joey Barton becomes the voice of reason, you know how far society has fallen'. I have been saying for years that there is an agenda with the female football stuff but most are too scared/woke/desperate to fit in, to voice it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BornFreeNowAgain said:

Exactly mate. I am sure one of the comments summed it up, 'when Joey Barton becomes the voice of reason, you know how far society has fallen'. I have been saying for years that there is an agenda with the female football stuff but most are too scared/woke/desperate to fit in, to voice it. 

Yeah I agree.

I mean that female goalkeeper won sports personality of the year award...

Achievement wise she won nothing

And personality wise, well this is hers... Very sportswomen like. Sounds like a thug..

"Mary Earps passionately shouts 'f*** off' after making heroic penalty save against Spain"

Total disrespect to the many fine British male and female athletes who are more deserving

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12425967/Mary-Earps-tells-Spain-f-making-heroic-penalty-save-World-Cup-final-England-game.html

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Mr H said:

Yeah I agree.

And personality wise, well this is hers... Very sportswomen like. Sounds like a thug..

"Mary Earps passionately shouts 'f*** off' after making heroic penalty save against Spain"

Total disrespect to the many fine British male and female athletes who are more deserving

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12425967/Mary-Earps-tells-Spain-f-making-heroic-penalty-save-World-Cup-final-England-game.html

Agree, it is an insult to the many elite level athletes of both sexes who were overlooked through the importance of the agenda. Football has always had some Political influence but since the Luis Suarez days it has got a whole lot worse. Grow the women's game and you have a whole new set of people to Politically influence, and almost nobody bar Joey Barton have the balls to come out and speak on it. 

• Like 1

On 1/9/2024 at 8:25 AM, Mr H said:

Yeah I agree.

The SPOTY is often used by the Beeb to push some agenda or other. Personally, I think Earps is an excellent (female) goalkeeper, and when you listen to Emma Hayes discussing the biological challenges that women players but particularly keepers face, it's a wonder she doesn't make more gaffes than the one against whoever it was in that recent England match. But she also clearly has "mental health issues", so again that feeds into the agenda and makes her someone to be championed as well.

SPOTY is a personality-based thing anyway. On pure ability, the wheelchair tennis guy (Alfie Hewitt?) is incredible. And he won a lot in 2023.

But it's a bit niche. Even women's football at international level has more of a profile than tennis players in wheelchairs.

• 2 weeks later...