Fit a heat pump or else face a £15,000 fine and 12 months in jail

alexa

Outraged at having to pay £12.50 a day for driving your 'non-compliant' car in Genghis Khan's Ulez zone, or one of the other cynical low emissions rackets popping up everywhere? You ain't seen nothing yet.

The eco-maniacs are coming for your house next, as part of their deranged mission to make us all colder and poorer.

Under new legislation, which sailed through its third reading in the Commons this week, homeowners and landlords whose properties don't meet Net Zero targets could be fined £15,000 and jailed for up to a year. Yep, you could end up behind bars if you fail to fit a heat pump.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/columnists/article-12493679/RICHARD-LITTLEJOHN-No-heat-pump-thermals-youre-nicked.html

• Like 2

I wonder how many people will refuse, given how much it will cost them. I reckon at least 70% of the country if not more, which will be tens of millions of people, and there arent enough prisons. They cant cope with the crime figures as it is. And what if people refuse to pay the fines, as they did with ULEZ? This could be the turning point, like the poll tax. The trigger for the People's Uprising.

From that article:

Anyone selling or letting a property must obtain an energy performance certificate. Inspectors will be given the power to order 'improvements' and prevent the property being sold or let if they are not carried out to the letter.

Such improvements will include fitting heat pumps, loft insulation, double glazing and so-called 'smart appliances'.

Compulsory installation of fridges, washing machines, immersion heaters and so on, all connected to the internet, will allow the Government and the energy companies to monitor electricity consumption and switch off your supply if they think you're using too much.

It has always been the case that when selling a property, an energy performance certificate (EPC) must be obtained, so that is not new.

What I read elsewhere is that the rules surrounding EPCs will be changed.

At present, there are no restrictions on buying or selling properties, based on their EPC rating. However:

Properties can be let if they have an energy rating from A to E

If you buy a property rated F or G, then you are not legally allowed to let it out.

An EPC will include 'recommendations' on what you need to do in order to improve the EPC rating.

Over the years, these recommendations change, depending on whatever the flavour of the period is. I've seen EPCs where solar panels have been recommended, now lately it is heat pumps.

What will eventually change is that properties rated F or G won't be able to be sold, or prospective buyers will find it difficult to get a mortgage.

And of course the barrier to being able to rent out a property will probably be raised as well.

Properties at this end of the scale will become devalued, and if you can't get a mortgage to buy one, the only people able to buy them will be cash-rich investors, who will be able to afford to 'do them up' to meet the required standards, and then rent them out at ever-increasing rates.

Or more worryingly, these properties will be bought up by developers, who then demolish them and replace with 'new builds'.

• Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Sit down, Waldo said:

I've come across plenty of examples of lenders insisting on C ratings. There're outside of their remit here as there's no legislation for this. I think eco promises are proving difficult to achieve but apply some pressure to the lenders & you can effectively force changes through the back door.

That's the thing though, there doesn't need to be any legislation while it is the lenders who are pulling the strings.

If lenders are already starting to refuse mortgages on properties rated D to G, then that will be an awful lot of homes which become unavailable to prospective genuine buyers.

By 'genuine buyer' I mean those people who want to buy a home so they can live in it, and can only do so by borrowing money.

And if you're a seller looking to sell a D to G rated property, you're faced with the prospect of spending a fortune in order to obtain a higher EPC rating, or having to sell below market-value to a cash buyer.

You can already start to see who benefits from all this, and its not us plebs...

22 hours ago, Grumpy Owl said:

From that article:

It has always been the case that when selling a property, an energy performance certificate (EPC) must be obtained, so that is not new.

What I read elsewhere is that the rules surrounding EPCs will be changed.

At present, there are no restrictions on buying or selling properties, based on their EPC rating. However:

If you buy a property rated F or G, then you are not legally allowed to let it out.

An EPC will include 'recommendations' on what you need to do in order to improve the EPC rating.

Over the years, these recommendations change, depending on whatever the flavour of the period is. I've seen EPCs where solar panels have been recommended, now lately it is heat pumps.

What will eventually change is that properties rated F or G won't be able to be sold, or prospective buyers will find it difficult to get a mortgage.

And of course the barrier to being able to rent out a property will probably be raised as well.

Properties at this end of the scale will become devalued, and if you can't get a mortgage to buy one, the only people able to buy them will be cash-rich investors, who will be able to afford to 'do them up' to meet the required standards, and then rent them out at ever-increasing rates.

Or more worryingly, these properties will be bought up by developers, who then demolish them and replace with 'new builds'.

It's being raised to C for letting property. Watch for rise in homelessness and rents ... AND they don't even check the attic to see if there is insulation, just "assume" based on age of property, refuse to look at invoices for cavity wall insulation, assuming there isn't any. EPCs are a joke.

14 hours ago, k_j_evans said:

It's being raised to C for letting property. Watch for rise in homelessness and rents ... AND they don't even check the attic to see if there is insulation, just "assume" based on age of property, refuse to look at invoices for cavity wall insulation, assuming there isn't any. EPCs are a joke.

My landlord had this property's EPC renewed last year. I was here when the surveyor was doing their thing. Had a look around, took some measurements, didn't ask any questions though.

image.png.4a2148b5b8946d0bdcb56bf69aa4eef2.pngimage.png.e0296481e39939a89a06ab7cb402e276.png

This guy has 'assumed' there is no energy lighting, not sure how he was able to work this out just by looking at enclosed light fittings and didn't turn any on to check.

If they had asked, I would have been able to demonstrate that actually, 4 out of 6 fixed lighting points in my flat have low energy LED bulbs.

In the grand scheme of things, the property is rated EPC 'C' (score 72), and it wouldn't have made much difference to the rating if this had been noted correctly.

image.png.633a023ce627f1d0b57189d90d5c0330.png

So yeah, I agree these EPCs can be a bit of a joke.

Raising the barrier for letting to C would be a concern though.

For properties in England and Wales:

• the average energy rating is D
  • the average energy score is 60

I get the feeling this is the build up towards smart cities/ herding everyone into human zones.

The new directives set out a plan that will see most people even middle class decent earners unable to afford the required housing upgrades, so it’ll push theses families into either unmanageable debt or homelessness, cue the universal basic income and smart cities, where everyone skips and frolics with gumdrop smiles at being paid to be a product of the stakeholder capitalist companies. 

Government will be obsolete. This will take another couple of decades but you can see it coming with every new story

• Like 1

The higher EPC ratings will either get watered down or shelved. There's already a lack of installers & electric heating is expensive & terrible for EPCs. The data used for commercial EPCs was updated last year & altered some of the calculations quite significantly...big rating improvements for properties using electric heating & similar falls for those on mains gas. I wouldn't be surprised if something similar happens to the software for domestic EPCs.

24 minutes ago, Sit down, Waldo said:

The higher EPC ratings will either get watered down or shelved. There's already a lack of installers & electric heating is expensive & terrible for EPCs. The data used for commercial EPCs was updated last year & altered some of the calculations quite significantly...big rating improvements for properties using electric heating & similar falls for those on mains gas. I wouldn't be surprised if something similar happens to the software for domestic EPCs.

In 2022, my combi gas boiler was rated as 'Good'. I still believe this is far more energy efficient than any heat pump.

They just move the goalposts, by 2032 when it is next due to be renewed, I bet any gas combi boiler will be marked as 'Poor'.

The thing with heat pumps is that they are powered by electricity, which is now far more expensive than gas. I would hazard a guess that for the amount of electricity a heat pump uses relative to its heat output, you'll find a conventional convector or halogen heater - or even night storage heaters - are far more effective at warming up rooms.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Grumpy Owl said:

The thing with heat pumps is that they are powered by electricity, which is now far more expensive than gas.

right and consider that they are destroying all the old coal power stations so that more and more energy will be from unreliable wind farms

in the new energy bill it says that they want peoples appliances 'smart' and connected to the grid so that they can manage upswings and downswings of energy

so that sounds to me as if we are going to be told when you can use certain appliances for example you might be allowed to run your laundry washing machine at night during a low energy time. Also we can no doubt expect black outs when there is no wind

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Grumpy Owl said:

My landlord had this property's EPC renewed last year. I was here when the surveyor was doing their thing. Had a look around, took some measurements, didn't ask any questions though.

image.png.4a2148b5b8946d0bdcb56bf69aa4eef2.pngimage.png.e0296481e39939a89a06ab7cb402e276.png

This guy has 'assumed' there is no energy lighting, not sure how he was able to work this out just by looking at enclosed light fittings and didn't turn any on to check.

If they had asked, I would have been able to demonstrate that actually, 4 out of 6 fixed lighting points in my flat have low energy LED bulbs.

In the grand scheme of things, the property is rated EPC 'C' (score 72), and it wouldn't have made much difference to the rating if this had been noted correctly.

image.png.633a023ce627f1d0b57189d90d5c0330.png

So yeah, I agree these EPCs can be a bit of a joke.

This is from one of mine - a D. It used to be a C - just - but now they assume there is no roof insulation even though it was done under a govt scheme and 100% of the lights are low energy. So it in the process of being sold.epc.jpg.49c147471e65f6adf6caaec5e56c892c.jpg

8 hours ago, Grumpy Owl said:

your property has to be category C to rent it out and this energy Bill will no doubt impose that your property has to be category C in order to sell it

bare in mind they are raising interest rates so that peoples mortgage payments are going up. So we could see a situation where many people can no longer afford to keep their homes but can't sell them either because they can't upgrade them to comply with the EPC demands. Presumably the banks would then repossess them.

This then would achieve the WEF's mantra of 'you will own nothing and be happy'. Bare in mind that the abolition of private property is one of the planks of the 'communist manifesto'.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, k_j_evans said:

This is from one of mine - a D. It used to be a C - just - but now they assume there is no roof insulation even though it was done under a govt scheme and 100% of the lights are low energy. So it in the process of being sold.

so the inspector who is giving you your EPC certificate is factually incorrect about the state of your homes energy proficiency?

are you going to bring that to their notice or just sell and be done with it?

4 minutes ago, Macnamara said:

in the new energy bill it says that they want peoples appliances 'smart' and connected to the grid so that they can manage upswings and downswings of energy

so that sounds to me as if we are going to be told when you can use certain appliances for example you might be allowed to run your laundry washing machine at night during a low energy time.

I think it is more the case that they want the ability to charge consumers more for energy during times of 'peak usage'. That's ultimately what this all boils down to, rinsing the public for every penny they can get.

I wrote about this last year here: https://thegrumpyowl.co.uk/2022/06/27/the-real-reason-for-smart-meters-is-becoming-ever-more-apparent/

23 hours ago, k_j_evans said:

EPCs are a joke.

someone told me that 75% of scotland's housing is category D or lower. i don't know if that is true or not but it wouldn't surprise me.

how many of those people simply would not be able to afford the upgrades in order to comply and what happens then?

if they are fined upto 15 grand they won't be able to pay that either. If they are locked up in jail then i guess there will be no one to keep up the payments on the house and it will be repossessed

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Macnamara said:

someone told me that 75% of scotland's housing is category D or lower. i don't know if that is true or not but it wouldn't surprise me.

how many of those people simply would not be able to afford the upgrades in order to comply and what happens then?

if they are fined upto 15 grand they won't be able to pay that either. If they are locked up in jail then i guess there will be no one to keep up the payments on the house and it will be repossessed

i wonder if it is possible to go completely off grid in a terraced house - somehow I doubt it or I would.

8 minutes ago, k_j_evans said:

This is from one of mine - a D. It used to be a C - just - but now they assume there is no roof insulation even though it was done under a govt scheme and 100% of the lights are low energy. So it in the process of being sold.epc.jpg.49c147471e65f6adf6caaec5e56c892c.jpg

Were you present when the EPC inspection was carried out? Did the surveyor ask you any questions? I'd definitely challenge this if I were you.

2 minutes ago, Grumpy Owl said:

I think it is more the case that they want the ability to charge consumers more for energy during times of 'peak usage'. That's ultimately what this all boils down to, rinsing the public for every penny they can get.

i don't think that its about money

it's about building a 'smart grid' so that they can turn society into a TECHNOCRACY which is to say a situation where all appliances are wirelessly communicating to a central artificial intelligence what your energy useage is.

This has got nothing to do with saving the planet; that is just the EXCUSE they use to impose this. This is about CONTROL. They want to be able to ration your access to goods and services so that they have total control over you. They can reward their minions and starve their opponents

James Corbett made two very good documentaries about the push to technocracy which you'll likely find on bitchute or rumble. The first is called 'how big oil conquered the world' and the second is called 'why big oil conquered the world'

https://www.bitchute.com/video/kjXRBP0ombpH/

https://www.bitchute.com/video/0wlNey9t7hQ/

7 minutes ago, Macnamara said:

so the inspector who is giving you your EPC certificate is factually incorrect about the state of your homes energy proficiency?

are you going to bring that to their notice or just sell and be done with it?

It's been happening for a few years. no point complaining. The assessors just say they are not paid/insured to inspect lofts or read invoices/paperwork. If nothing goes wrong sale should complete shortly - sold three this year.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, k_j_evans said:

i wonder if it is possible to go completely off grid in a terraced house - somehow I doubt it or I would.

i have been running through a few scenarios myself. for example: what if i just got my house completely disconnected from the grid and ditched my main appliances?

I could get stand-alone solar panels and a battery bank and use them for whatever i could use them for. For everything else i would have to find a work-around

The problem with this is that it would likely only be a stay of execution because the real agenda here is not to cut your energy use in order to limit your CO2 to save the planet. That is just the cover story they give for what they want to do: impose a neo-fuedal technocracy and the fact they are threatening people with jail should be smelling salts to people that the establishment is a tyranny

Even if you disconnected your home from the grid i'd imagine the angle they would then come at you from would be to insist that your dwelling conformed to certain insulation standards etc. Their goal is to know exactly what everyone is doing at every single moment so that they can micro manage you and if you are off grid they can't know what you are doing. That is completely unacceptable to them

i'm not saying to people not to do that....i mean what else can we do except pursue greater independence from their system? Its just i anticipate them to continue to pursue us

Edited by Macnamara

36 minutes ago, k_j_evans said:

It's been happening for a few years. no point complaining. The assessors just say they are not paid/insured to inspect lofts or read invoices/paperwork. If nothing goes wrong sale should complete shortly - sold three this year.

hmm i doubt building surveyors properly inspect lofts or roofs when they do the home report either. Its not going to block your sale now but in a year or two it might be a problem for people trying to sell if this Energy Bill becomes enacted.....when it becomes enacted....

i totally understand your rush to liquidate but that can bring its own complications for example we know that another aspect of this same net zero green fascism/communist TECHNOCRATIC agenda is to at some point switch all fiat currencies to a central bank digital currency. We can see them sabotaging the dollar to prepare it to be destroyed and replaced. The question is: what happens to the fiat currency you have in your account at that moment? Does it convert to the CBDC or is it lost in a weimar germany hyper-inflation type scenario?

in other words: if bricks and mortar are no longer a safe store of value and neither is fiat then what is safe?

Edited by Macnamara

10 minutes ago, Macnamara said:

your property has to be category C to rent it out and this energy Bill will no doubt impose that your property has to be category C in order to sell it

bare in mind they are raising interest rates so that peoples mortgage payments are going up. So we could see a situation where many people can no longer afford to keep their homes but can't sell them either because they can't upgrade them to comply with the EPC demands. Presumably the banks would then repossess them.

This then would achieve the WEF's mantra of 'you will own nothing and be happy'. Bare in mind that the abolition of private property is one of the planks of the 'communist manifesto'.

As I mentioned earlier, if you can't afford to upgrade to meet EPC standards, your only option will be to sell below market-value to 'cash buyers' or via auction. The 'cash buyers' will be cash-rich investors, either wealthy landlords or private companies such as housing associations/trusts, who will either be able to pay to have the property upgraded, or find loopholes and exemptions to get around legislation - think 'exempt housing' or accommodation for migrants/refugees.

We fast head back into the feudal mediaeval times where 'robber barons' owned all property and 'allowed' the peasants to live in them in exchange for 'tribute' or labour.