Washing machine asking for your date of birth.......how much more will it take to awaken the sleepers?

CarpeDiem

you would have to be a complete mug to buy a washing machine with these smart features. The only features you need from a washing machine is:

• to wash clothes without shrinking them, or having the sponser peel off on your football kit.
  • long life span 40 years plus
  • low energy consunption
  • low noise (if it bothers you that much)

However if they had some function where you could scan the label of your shirt and it would know exactly how long and what temperature to wash for this would be a good feature for a bachelor or a student... However scanning multiple items of clothing would take ages and become tedious.

Also its unrealistic to think you can put a load in of the same material at one time. It would be a nightmare. You'd end up having to wash polyester sportswear separate from cotton stuff. This would equate to doing more washes why would you do that?

We certainly don't need a feature that posts a facebook status that you're currently washing your skiddy pants. people would think youre a)boring b)a filthy tramp

It's getting a bit ridiculous to be honest.

I can sort of understand some types of device being ideal for 'smart' use, but really, who needs a smart Wi-Fi enabled washing machine?

With smart washing machines, those from LG do not allow the use of their app without users giving their name, email, phone contacts, precise location, phone number, and date of birth.

LG told Sky News the app requested such details "to help tailor the experience, learn habits and anticipate needs, enabling customers to manage their smart appliance on the go".

Why would I need to manage my washing machine "on the go"? I load it with laundry, set a programme, and let it do its thing until it finishes.

My 'dumb' washing machine shows me on its display how long is left to run, and beeps when it is finished. I can even set a delay timer.

It has two control knobs and a couple of other buttons for extra features. It is easy to use, I don't need a fricking app to control it. And it doesn't need my email address, location, or my contacts list to function. Because IT DOESN'T NEED THAT INFORMATION.

"Help tailor the experience, learn habits and anticipate needs"

FFS my washing machine is completely non-judgemental. It doesn't care if I haven't used it that week.

The device itself doesn't need your data, the manufacturer does.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Anti Facts Sir said:

Wait till it tells you that you shouldn't be wearing undies that tight.

This isn't a new thing, washing machines have always been more intelligent than their owners, my old neighbor Doris, aged 83, sued Hotpoint because her washing machine kept taking the piss out of her long legged  drawersbonprix-pack-of-3-cotton-long-briefs931714FRSC.webp.2457e48b3821477db18a4215ea2ecb7b.webp

• Haha 6

Oh dear.

Smart washing machines explained

https://www.which.co.uk/reviews/washing-machines/article/smart-washing-machines-explained-atSzX5S9PxPE

Smart washing machines are appliances that can connect to your household wi-fi network in the same way that other devices do, such as tablets and smartphones. You can then set your washing machine remotely using an app on your phone or tablet, or via Alexa or Google Assistant. 

Seriously, you have to actually physically go up to the machine in order to put laundry inside. So while you're stood there, you may as well just set it using the front panel controls. Why use an app?

Looking at the prices of the 'popular models' they compare, clearly these smart devices are designed for dumb people with more money than sense.

Bosch WAU28P89GB smart washing machine, around £959

Samsung WW11BB944DGBS1 smart washing machine, around £829

Miele WED164 smart washing machine, around £999

So much for a 'cost of living crisis'! I wonder how many gullible people are getting rid of perfectly good older washing machines just so they can be 'trendy' by having a smart one?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/8/2023 at 12:58 AM, factJack said:

you would have to be a complete mug to buy a washing machine with these smart features. The only features you need from a washing machine is:

• to wash clothes without shrinking them, or having the sponser peel off on your football kit.
  • long life span 40 years plus
  • low energy consunption
  • low noise (if it bothers you that much)

However if they had some function where you could scan the label of your shirt and it would know exactly how long and what temperature to wash for this would be a good feature for a bachelor or a student... However scanning multiple items of clothing would take ages and become tedious.

Also its unrealistic to think you can put a load in of the same material at one time. It would be a nightmare. You'd end up having to wash polyester sportswear separate from cotton stuff. This would equate to doing more washes why would you do that?

We certainly don't need a feature that posts a facebook status that you're currently washing your skiddy pants. people would think youre a)boring b)a filthy tramp

Mine has few extra features but never asked about age... Actually never asked about anything -  maybe because it's washing machine... 🤣

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Grumpy Owl said:

Oh dear.

Smart washing machines explained

https://www.which.co.uk/reviews/washing-machines/article/smart-washing-machines-explained-atSzX5S9PxPE

Seriously, you have to actually physically go up to the machine in order to put laundry inside. So while you're stood there, you may as well just set it using the front panel controls. Why use an app?

Looking at the prices of the 'popular models' they compare, clearly these smart devices are designed for dumb people with more money than sense.

Bosch WAU28P89GB smart washing machine, around £959

Samsung WW11BB944DGBS1 smart washing machine, around £829

Miele WED164 smart washing machine, around £999

So much for a 'cost of living crisis'! I wonder how many gullible people are getting rid of perfectly good older washing machines just so they can be 'trendy' by having a smart one?

My daughter in Eastbourne is one of those who jumps on every new bandwagon, 'smart' this, 'smart' that, 'smart' the other, the list just goes on🤔 She was never brought up that way, in fact we were quite the country bumpkins back then, maybe that's why she has to be ultra modern now?🤔 We had sheep and horses, ferrets, chickens and ducks back then, not the state of the art appliances she craves now! Driving trucks for a living all the week, and then our 7.5t horsebox for their horse and pony events most weekends! 

52 minutes ago, LastOneLeftInTheCounty said:

As long as every home and everyone is bathed in the absolute most amount of EMF radiation from smart devices then that’s all that matters.

The slow kill depopulation agenda, neatly presented to you for your convenience.

’Smart’ equals ‘not smart’ 

... except that ... even the cabal are bathed in the same radiation. This is something that's always bothered me.

I can't see any way in which they are shielded and we aren't, or in which general EMF radiation is 'selective.'

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, webtrekker said:

... except that ... even the cabal are bathed in the same radiation. This is something that's always bothered me.

I can't see any way in which they are shielded and we aren't, or in which general EMF radiation is 'selective.'

It's bothered me too🤔 perhaps drinking the blood of innocent children has purifying qualities?  I'm not trying to be silly {I was going to say facetious, but I couldn't spell it}🥴

And, do they have their own special water reservoirs? Nothing, absolutely nothing those devious bastards do would surprise me very much, if at all!sleep-3.jpg.4c40a79badaefc2f337cf5a38a0f1a27.jpgSheeple-29.jpg.f0634976cb66da17ee5ddc0df0a91ad2.jpgtext-5.jpg.ec03a68de6a16a038332c7ece8b9cdbb.jpgNEWS-4.jpg.61a81a67da7f089d5246f6b37c631e6d.jpgEnforce-3.jpg.fb220b1e29a35910e3adce52ec2cf83b.jpgpregnant-4.jpg.7f35c218b1b455b942f88466a1d759c2.jpg

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, webtrekker said:

True, but they’re so anti life, their lives revolve around death, that they’re not too bothered about it. 

Some may even welcome it.

Or maybe they’ve got a special injection or implant that reflects the harmfulness of domestic EMF, it’s often said that really useful effective health tech is reserved for the few.

Who knows? We certainly dont

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LastOneLeftInTheCounty said:

True, but they’re so anti life, their lives revolve around death, that they’re not too bothered about it. 

Some may even welcome it.

Or maybe they’ve got a special injection or implant that reflects the harmfulness of domestic EMF, it’s often said that really useful effective health tech is reserved for the few.

Who knows? We certainly dont

They don't actually do their own washing or cook their own meals and I doubt they use "smart speakers" as someone else is paid to do their research for them. And they'll have wired internet in every room that they want it - plus they live in the middle of big estates so less exposure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, k_j_evans said:

They don't actually do their own washing or cook their own meals and I doubt they use "smart speakers" as someone else is paid to do their research for them. And they'll have wired internet in every room that they want it - plus they live in the middle of big estates so less exposure.

What about when they have to go to London to conduct their business? 
Or travel on a plane? 

Plenty of crazy emf emitted in those scenarios but….

It’s not so much the emf you want to worry about in London, apparently the London Underground has terrible air quality- 150-250 ppm of pollution, but this is most likely deflection to support Kahn’s ulez bollocks 

Anyway, I’m sure their emf exposure is considerably less than the average joe on the street is.

The most successful business people I know don’t even own smartphones or use the internet and they openly flouted covid rules when they could. Rebels in a sense, not little suck ups or grovelling little minions 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, LastOneLeftInTheCounty said:

What about when they have to go to London to conduct their business? 
Or travel on a plane? 

Plenty of crazy emf emitted in those scenarios but….

It’s not so much the emf you want to worry about in London, apparently the London Underground has terrible air quality- 150-250 ppm of pollution, but this is most likely deflection to support Kahn’s ulez bollocks 

Anyway, I’m sure their emf exposure is considerably less than the average joe on the street is.

The most successful business people I know don’t even own smartphones or use the internet and they openly flouted covid rules when they could. Rebels in a sense, not little suck ups or grovelling little minions 

I like your way of thinking outside the box, and, not too far from the truth I reckon!🤔👍