Credibility - Zecharia Sitchin, Annunaki, 14 tablets

Hello all,

I hope this is the correct sub forum, please feel free to say if not.

I am fascinated by the subjects in the title, but I hear such conflicting views and thought the best place to get opinions would be a place where people are open minded. I have read that Zecharia's work is almost entirely fictional because it is based on his own flawed translations of the original tablets? Which would be a shame because I've loved reading his work so far. Are such criticisms of his work true, or just the usual cover-up? Any opinions? The translations he offers seem to coincide with other creation myths from thousands of years ago, but pre-dates them. Is this where those creation myths came from?

Any and all opinions welcome!

I'd appreciate any reading suggestions on the old Sumerian creation myths/truths. It's something I'd like to learn a lot more about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aesir22 said:

Hello all,

I hope this is the correct sub forum, please feel free to say if not.

I am fascinated by the subjects in the title, but I hear such conflicting views and thought the best place to get opinions would be a place where people are open minded. I have read that Zecharia's work is almost entirely fictional because it is based on his own flawed translations of the original tablets? Which would be a shame because I've loved reading his work so far. Are such criticisms of his work true, or just the usual cover-up? Any opinions? The translations he offers seem to coincide with other creation myths from thousands of years ago, but pre-dates them. Is this where those creation myths came from?

Any and all opinions welcome!

I'd appreciate any reading suggestions on the old Sumerian creation myths/truths. It's something I'd like to learn a lot more about.

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

I really enjoy reading about these subjects as well. I tend to read books that, even if they are not directly linked to this, complement them. Any ancient accounts of the middle east. As I am sure you are aware these overlap motre often than not.

Book wise is not always easy as many are very superficial or lazy in their research. Project Avalon has an enormous library which, if you are happy reading e books, should satiate your appetite. There is also a recommended reading topic here.

2 minutes ago, Bombadil said:

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

I really enjoy reading about these subjects as well. I tend to read books that, even if they are not directly linked to this, complement them. Any ancient accounts of the middle east. As I am sure you are aware these overlap motre often than not.

Book wise is not always easy as many are very superficial or lazy in their research. Project Avalon has an enormous library which, if you are happy reading e books, should satiate your appetite. There is also a recommended reading topic here.

Thank you Bombadil, appreciate the advice!

I have been listening to The Lost Book of Enki on audible. Entertaining, even if not fully credible.

Everything I have read about Annunaki over the years has said how evil they are, either creating or enslaving humans. There seems to be a lot of discussion over their interaction with Reptilians, and how they connect to the ruling elite of modern times. Interesting stuff!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, aesir22 said:

Thank you Bombadil, appreciate the advice!

I have been listening to The Lost Book of Enki on audible. Entertaining, even if not fully credible.

Everything I have read about Annunaki over the years has said how evil they are, either creating or enslaving humans. There seems to be a lot of discussion over their interaction with Reptilians, and how they connect to the ruling elite of modern times. Interesting stuff!

I agree alot doesnt seem credible, though there are many seperate sources alluding to the same things. By the sounds of it you are happy to go the extra mile and investigate. Always a great habit, especially in todays world where the waters are continualy muddied.

My attitude to the whole Reptillian and other discussions is that regardless of what is really going on in this perceived reality, we can all agree something is not right. I guess its a Wizard of Oz thing. Whats really behind the curtain.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bombadil said:

I agree alot doesnt seem credible, though there are many seperate sources alluding to the same things. By the sounds of it you are happy to go the extra mile and investigate. Always a great habit, especially in todays world where the waters are continually muddied.

My attitude to the whole Reptillian and other discussions is that regardless of what is really going on in this perceived reality, we can all agree something is not right. I guess its a Wizard of Oz thing. Whats really behind the curtain.

I imagine I will be doing a lot of reading and investigating lol I am a fiction writer and would quite like to write a set of novels based on this kind of source material, in an anthology style from different perspectives over the period of the notable events. I think i need to find translations of the original sources - credible ones - and then look at others interpretations. Maybe come up with my own. I don't know enough of the subject yet to form an opinion on how good/evil they were, but from the small amount I have come across, I'm not wholly convinced they are as evil as portrayed. I'm not saying they are good beings of pure love and light lol, but there are a lot of shadings and things to consider before drawing those conclusions, and I find some people are happy just to go with the status quo that they are evil without actually considering everything. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2023 at 10:45 AM, aesir22 said:

I imagine I will be doing a lot of reading and investigating lol I am a fiction writer and would quite like to write a set of novels based on this kind of source material, in an anthology style from different perspectives over the period of the notable events. I think i need to find translations of the original sources - credible ones - and then look at others interpretations. Maybe come up with my own. I don't know enough of the subject yet to form an opinion on how good/evil they were, but from the small amount I have come across, I'm not wholly convinced they are as evil as portrayed. I'm not saying they are good beings of pure love and light lol, but there are a lot of shadings and things to consider before drawing those conclusions, and I find some people are happy just to go with the status quo that they are evil without actually considering everything. 

There is also the work of Michael Tellinger in Africa,eg "African temples of the Anunnaki" sort of following Sitchens idea 

( earlier JT Bent "ruined cities of Mashonaland etc "

)Tellinger  finding much evidence of ancient gold mining and stone structures down there .Which I suppose tallies by with Credo Mutwa's insights  eg see  video with David Icke

Plus latest discoveries in Turkey,

Gobeki Tepe and all the other very early post cataclysmic   astro archeological sites there (Graham Hancock, Andrew Collins etc  also links to book of invasions,battle of Moytura  and ancient hy Brasil  land off Ireland, plus Dogon knowledge (laird Scantons research )

Either a watcher type group passed  on some  knowledge after cataclysmic global flood  events 12800/11600 odd years ago or some perhaps kept hidden knowledge to themselves etc and/ or perhaps we have esp type abilities anyway but are suppressed 

Perhaps 

It's almost as if we are at cross roads now of discovery that could determine our future path , almost like

are we ready to be free  

type cosmic  moment!

Edited by Talorgan

To the OP.

I don't know, I bought all his books years ago, still yet to read them.

I read Genesis Revisited but that's all, only because I didn't know if they were worth my time.

What we have, is a 'scholar' who bought us a different view on history based on linguistics and language.

Well there is precedent, John Allegro was a scholar of ancient texts and translated the Dead Sea Scrolls at the bequest of the Church.

Then they ridiculed him and destroyed his career because of his translations.

One day he was a leading scholar the next day he was a quack.

So, let's not dismiss what's going on completely.  Scholars have since come out in support of John Allegro's work but it took 50 years.

I still don't know about Sitchin so I'll keep holding on to those books.

• Like 2

On 8/11/2023 at 9:28 AM, aesir22 said:

I have been listening to The Lost Book of Enki on audible.

Available here for download, http://www.benpadiah.com/otherstuff/ENKI/LBoE.pdf

I am looking forward to anything you may be posting, personally i don't trust Sitchin's interpretations of Cuneiform tablets, if he says one thing i think the opposite, he was a mason, 👍

• Like 1

5 hours ago, screamingeagle said:

is that solo reason why you don't trust his work....

what if he said the truth and aim that people will discredited him because of his mason connetion.

you know ,hide it in plain sight tactics

YES, which is why i wrote if he is stating one thing then i would think the opposite to be true, that's even if the translation is correct to begin with, the masons are all about kontrol and they do it by deceptive language, having a large cache of strangely written tablets fits very nicely with the paradigm they are working towards, it keeps them at the top of the 'official' narrative, mystery schools, the only mystery is that there is no mystery, just blatant gatekeeping that goes on, kontrol of information equals kontrol of the mind, as you correctly point out, hidden in plain sight, which to me at least is not to ignore what may be presented but rather taken with huge dumper truck full of salt.

I hope i have made clearer my comment, 👍

• Like 1

Interesting conundrum of the lost past and interpretation of ancient texts .

Interesting that William Bramley in "God's of Eden" also kind of following on from Sitching said that to create a slave race to do the mining they needed spiritual beings to meld with created bodies .Custodial society used criminals ,deviants prisoners of war ,racial groups ,nonconformists etc .

Homo sapiens sapiens then treated like. Beasts of burden or farmed as Charles Fort also previously wrote in book of the damned,

Perhaps something like this happened or not?

So excuse pun but it's almost a chicken and egg situation 

Is it a story made up by an elite donkeys years ago to justify their rule Enki ,Enlil etc or elaborated a bit  by eg Sitchin etc later or not? Need "expert in ancient texts but even then doesn't make it "true"!

Perhaps our ancestors liked good talk bardic stories round the fire

Or it could lead humans to except a slave mentality as inevitable when we are 

,to quote David Icke, really.  Free!

Infinite consciousness having an experience of being human anyway 

Edited by Talorgan