Jump to content

Why do we suffer and what is the solution?


Mr H

Recommended Posts

Preface. All religions that speak about God say he was the original thing in the universe and he is the original creator of existence. Therefore everything in existence must contain or essentially be God. Therefore we are all God and godlike. Because nothing can exist outside of God or he's creation,and there is always existence god himself is indestructible. All there is, is God.

 

Why do we suffer?

 

The answer is very simple.

 

Because God wants to experience suffering.

 

He is both scientist and artist.

 

Imagine you can create, be anything knowing you cannot be harmed. The artist in you may want to start getting creative. The scientist may wish to start experimentation.

 

The first few strokes of the artists brush look heavenly, beautiful as the eye could see. But the next strokes not so. It displeases the artist he will label it ugly. The next strokes create something worse. He will call it evil. But what is evil? Let's experiment.....knowing no ultimate consequence.

 

You can imagine the scene.......

 

But the question is, has the artist gotten a little carried away with the experimentation into evil? Has the artist forgotten that although the characters drawn on his easel do not have their own independent existence without him, they still feel and experience the resulting suffering?

 

As a product of God. You contain god inside. If you don't like what God is doing one must speak up and do something, but what?

 

To fight is our natural tendency. Who are you fighting? Yourself! What happens after you fight? Normally more fantasies of separation and more fighting resulting in more suffering.

 

If you can imagine God, as a physical body. And we are the cells. If one of the cells gets sick it can effect the whole system. The cell needs to heal itself for the system to be functioning again.

 

This is the solution to end all suffering. Is to heal yourself and realise your true nature and reality.

 

 

Edited by Mr H
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Grumpy Grapes said:

Try and steer clear of killers, sadists, torturers, psychopaths, carnivores, poisonous animals, cliff tops, poisons, junk food, overeating, excessive drinking, driving backwards at 100mph on the fast lane of a motorway....

..and gardening. For gods sake don't forget the gardening. STEP AWAY FROM THE SOIL!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Suffering is a human state of being that is somewhat subjective.  We need suffering in order to grow, just like we need love, happiness, sadness, etc. in order to grow and learn.  God, or whatever you want to call the One True Source, has an infinite amount to experience through each person.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, shabbirss said:

some suffering may be required to "level up" in your life experience.

 

I wonder - What is it like for these people who don't suffer pain or have any empathy ? It must be bloody awful.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, shabbirss said:

some suffering may be required to "level up" in your life experience.

I find this is usually the case for the one living in ignorance.  I don't think you can suffer psychologically otherwise.

Edited by Mr H
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Suffering is just the experience of time.

When you are having fun time is said to "speed up", but what's really happening is that you are weakening and ameliorating the effect of time.

So the idea is to have more fun or joy. Joy is a bit more nebulous of a concept to us, but we can get an immediate handle on fun, and we can initiate it in various ways.

When you have fun time is weakened and goes by faster experientially, but the experiential is all that matters.

So when you have fun or joy, time is weakened and it actually makes it easier to have fun the next time, and so on, and through this snowballing process you can bootstrap yourself up to speed with your highest joy or true self, and in this process reality will reflect things that are more and more commensurate with your highest joy.

So if we already know how to weaken time, you just need to get on with having fun, smiling for the sake of it, etc.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, tortle said:

Suffering is just the experience of time.

When you are having fun time is said to "speed up", but what's really happening is that you are weakening and ameliorating the effect of time.

So the idea is to have more fun or joy. Joy is a bit more nebulous of a concept to us, but we can get an immediate handle on fun, and we can initiate it in various ways.

When you have fun time is weakened and goes by faster experientially, but the experiential is all that matters.

So when you have fun or joy, time is weakened and it actually makes it easier to have fun the next time, and so on, and through this snowballing process you can bootstrap yourself up to speed with your highest joy or true self, and in this process reality will reflect things that are more and more commensurate with your highest joy.

So if we already know how to weaken time, you just need to get on with having fun, smiling for the sake of it, etc.


i reckon its not time thats speeding up or weakening,
its your energy frequencies resonating/buzzing
at a faster more powerful, positive level!

 

 

 

008.jpg

007.jpg

005.jpg

012.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

There's no need to suffer, suffering is not a fundamental aspect of the human experience despite what some religions would tell you. Once you reached a state of true enlightenment you will feel a constant sense of warmth and bliss, which varies in intensity but it always there and constantly makes you at ease and just plain happy. Reaching this state is difficult to explain with words, really its about overcoming your fear of death and embracing life, this quote from Dune sort of sums it up for me "I must not fear, fear is the mind killer. Once fear is gone I will be all that remains". The negative feelings inside you are not you they've been implanted there by the culture you live in and whatever negative life experiences you've had, rejecting these feeling, recognising they are not you is how to reach inner peace. True healing is realising your were never sick in the first place 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Suffering is part of creation. Part of life. Part of growth. Part of love. Part of the all.

 

Those who say suffering is not needed they're in denial of life.

 

The solution is TO ACCEPT, and not trying to change or alleviate pain. Just go through it, accept it. And accept that it will never go away.

 

Having said so, it's up to you to see it as pain. Or not.

 

We are the creators, we have the divine spark of 'God' inside us.

 

We decide. We just have to CHOOSE. How to be. Who to be. We are in control of the illusion, without forgetting who we are: love, God, light.

Edited by atenea
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, atenea said:

By choosing our own evolution, aren't we in control of our direction, hence the illusion itself?🤔

You are in a kind of pre set sequence. You enter a specific point. We all do it. You can't go back to an older segment. Nor can you really leave the cinema/cave. Some are invited to explore the cinema. And that is an anomaly in itself. Only the other side can initiate that. Your cinema/illusion consists of trillions of constantly reconnecting segments. The truth is that you can't grasp in any way where you really are. We are like monkeys standing in front of a kind of monolith without realising that it isn't one. We are never alone and all anomalies are orchestrated. No one can do it by themselves. Nobody. Everything that Experiencer encounter, including NDEer, it's all the same, takes place within the cinema. My recommendation. I wouldn't believe anything Humans say, by that I mean everyone. Because we know nothing. And even what we struggle to find out has all been predetermined. And it will only help you to move forward. I know very well that I can't change absolutely nothing. Only the sum of all of this can be observed. We don't have control over anything. And I can say that Source has an infinitely increasing expectation the further you evolve. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/21/2023 at 7:56 AM, Mr H said:

Preface. All religions that speak about God say he was the original thing in the universe and he is the original creator of existence. Therefore everything in existence must contain or essentially be God. Therefore we are all God and godlike. Because nothing can exist outside of God or he's creation,and there is always existence god himself is indestructible. All there is, is God.

 

Why do we suffer?

 

The answer is very simple.

 

Because God wants to experience suffering.

 

He is both scientist and artist.

 

Imagine you can create, be anything knowing you cannot be harmed. The artist in you may want to start getting creative. The scientist may wish to start experimentation.

 

The first few strokes of the artists brush look heavenly, beautiful as the eye could see. But the next strokes not so. It displeases the artist he will label it ugly. The next strokes create something worse. He will call it evil. But what is evil? Let's experiment.....knowing no ultimate consequence.

 

You can imagine the scene.......

 

But the question is, has the artist gotten a little carried away with the experimentation into evil? Has the artist forgotten that although the characters drawn on his easel do not have their own independent existence without him, they still feel and experience the resulting suffering?

 

As a product of God. You contain god inside. If you don't like what God is doing one must speak up and do something, but what?

 

To fight is our natural tendency. Who are you fighting? Yourself! What happens after you fight? Normally more fantasies of separation and more fighting resulting in more suffering.

 

If you can imagine God, as a physical body. And we are the cells. If one of the cells gets sick it can effect the whole system. The cell needs to heal itself for the system to be functioning again.

 

This is the solution to end all suffering. Is to heal yourself and realise your true nature and reality.

 

 


That does not make any sense as some thing well created poison.

 

Now when comes to anger, killing, torture and rape religious people say well God wants free will well it true God may allow free will of small sub set of people but killing, torture and rape of million of people like say evil dictators like in the USSR and North Korea so on God could interfere by changing person thought idea and person may not know or turning down person anger level.
 

Well other augmented there was two Gods one good and one evil and war going on. 

 

Now the the augment that God wants to experience murder, killing, torture and rape also poison seem silly.


But than who created sadists, psychopaths and poison?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/27/2023 at 10:09 PM, Lilymoon said:


That does not make any sense as some thing well created poison.

 

Now when comes to anger, killing, torture and rape religious people say well God wants free will well it true God may allow free will of small sub set of people but killing, torture and rape of million of people like say evil dictators like in the USSR and North Korea so on God could interfere by changing person thought idea and person may not know or turning down person anger level.
 

Well other augmented there was two Gods one good and one evil and war going on. 

 

Now the the augment that God wants to experience murder, killing, torture and rape also poison seem silly.


But than who created sadists, psychopaths and poison?

I think you view god as a human with human moral systems. In my experience this is not the case. From the ultimate perspective if we can call it that, there is no good or bad, duality. There is no suffering because there are no people's to suffer. From the human perspective this obviously appears rather different because we live in duality, and we've constructed moral guidance system and concepts as to what is good/bad, how things should be

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Mr H said:

I think you view god as a human with human moral systems. In my experience this is not the case. From the ultimate perspective if we can call it that, there is no good or bad, duality. There is no suffering because there are no people's to suffer. From the human perspective this obviously appears rather different because we live in duality, and we've constructed moral guidance system and concepts as to what is good/bad, how things should be


What I mean is christianity says God is all loving and loves everyone but says God allows free will. The problem with christianity is well it is true God may allow free will and allow murder, killing and rape or streets fights, God will allow free will. But war and genocide I have hard time believing or terrible dictators where 90% people in North Korea, China or former USSR cannot do any thing.

 

You have to understand a God is all powerful it does not have to stop the person doing it, like in some video game it can just make person sick and that person not dictator any more or a change the person thought.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Lilymoon said:


What I mean is christianity says God is all loving and loves everyone but says God allows free will. The problem with christianity is well it is true God may allow free will and allow murder, killing and rape or streets fights, God will allow free will. But war and genocide I have hard time believing or terrible dictators where 90% people in North Korea, China or former USSR cannot do any thing.

 

You have to understand a God is all powerful it does not have to stop the person doing it, like in some video game it can just make person sick and that person not dictator any more or a change the person thought.

Humans do not have free will. Humans are not entities. They are experiences. Humans cannot select thoughts. Thoughts pass through human minds.

 

Let's view from another lens which I think is a good model of the simulation.

 

Let's say you are God in this situation. I.e. the one wearing a headset.

 

You're wearing a headset and you're playing a computer game. You kill some baddies, you catch the zombie, you get the girl, then someone kills you. Game over.

 

You take your headset off. How many shits did you give about the people you killed in the computer game?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mr H said:

Humans do not have free will. Humans are not entities. They are experiences. Humans cannot select thoughts. Thoughts pass through human minds.

 

Let's view from another lens which I think is a good model of the simulation.

 

Let's say you are God in this situation. I.e. the one wearing a headset.

 

You're wearing a headset and you're playing a computer game. You kill some baddies, you catch the zombie, you get the girl, then someone kills you. Game over.

 

You take your headset off. How many shits did you give about the people you killed in the computer game?


What you are describing here is holographic universe and people are just sims. That would be evil God and people are just sims experiencing things for God entertainment. And God plan WW1 and WW2 for entertainment.

 

And God is just watching people like you play sims game on your computer.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lilymoon said:


What you are describing here is holographic universe and people are just sims. That would be evil God and people are just sims experiencing things for God entertainment. And God plan WW1 and WW2 for entertainment.

 

And God is just watching people like you play sims game on your computer.

 

 

 

Just from the way you describe things. It seems like you believe God is like a human. Thinking, enjoying, entertaining. Sounds like a human type experience to me and therefore most likely a human created God.

 

God as far as I'm aware is not a person. But using a simulation type analogy is useful to point the human mind in the right direction to truth. It is not how it actually is as far as I am aware.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Mr H said:

 

Just from the way you describe things. It seems like you believe God is like a human. Thinking, enjoying, entertaining. Sounds like a human type experience to me and therefore most likely a human created God.

 

God as far as I'm aware is not a person. But using a simulation type analogy is useful to point the human mind in the right direction to truth. It is not how it actually is as far as I am aware.


But God would creat some thing in an image God would improve. Well humans like to create demons and monsters well oblivious God would not create such thing. 
 

Well I’m not sure what God would do in day. You say God may not think, enjoy or have entertainment in well such case I’m not sure what God would do other than continue creating things and having people worship.

 

I was using the holographic universe theory going around has evil God creating sims for entertainment and sims just doing what the programming code tells it to do.


If it was good all loving God like the bible is saying than every thing is created because God wants you to experience it. It just that when people say why does God allow pain and suffering Christians say because of free will. I find that argument does not really hold up. In my view my God is too perfect would not allow genocide, mass killings, torture and terrible dictators. There may be dictators but not terrible dictators. Every thing you experience is because God would experience it.

 

Well emotions, thoughts and ideas are free will well the body sensations and problems wrong with body are God divine temple along with earth and Christians can’t answer this.


 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Lilymoon said:

 


If it was good all loving God like the bible is saying than every thing is created because God wants you to experience it. It just that when people say why does God allow pain and suffering Christians say because of free will. I find that argument does not really hold up. In my view my God is too perfect would not allow genocide, mass killings, torture and terrible dictators. There may be dictators but not terrible dictators. Every thing you experience is because God would experience it.

 

Well emotions, thoughts and ideas are free will well the body sensations and problems wrong with body are God divine temple along with earth and Christians can’t answer this.


 

The bible has much useful information and some less so. I would take what is useful and discard what is not unless you want to join a cult.

 

I agree the free will explanation doesn't add up, if god is like how you describe the bible says.

 

And what is generally implied by free will is that there are such things called humans, who are separate entities in their own right. Who can create thoughts, make decisions etc. if you check with your experience this is not the case. Thoughts appear to us, we do not choose them, there are choosing thoughts, but no chooser of the thoughts, just endless streams of mentations flowing through "us" in mechanical fashion and then the ego takes the credit for it - and we give birth to the ego and with it create the shit show of suffering that we witness as humans

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...