What the hell is going on in spain?

Captainlove

The main reason they are getting such accurate readings now is because they are no longer relying on mercury thermometers being read manually by humans a few times a day in random spots around the country. 

Now they used satellites and a (SLSTR) instrument, which basically creates a perfect heat map 24 hours a day every second. So when they find a high temperature spot in the middle of the desert or something like that, they advertise it as a climate change heat issue etc. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, SimonTV said:

The main reason they are getting such accurate readings now is because they are no longer relying on mercury thermometers being read manually by humans a few times a day in random spots around the country. 

Now they used satellites and a (SLSTR) instrument, which basically creates a perfect heat map 24 hours a day every second. So when they find a high temperature spot in the middle of the desert or something like that, they advertise it as a climate change heat issue etc. 

Yes I read that a Sentinel 3 satellite read the SOIL temperature in a part of Spain at 60 degrees today.

They don’t measure air temps. 

Still very hot, but if you’d had a mercury thermometer and read it it would probably read something like 45-50 degrees. 

This issue of hyping temps came up yesterday and is gaining traction with me, and surprise surprise it’s yet again technology changing how we perceive reality to support ‘the narrative’ 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Grumpy Grapes said:

Met Office says Madrid today (July 13th) is 34 degrees, with 40 C predicted for July 18th.

44C in Marrakesh, f**k that I’d rather be in Iceland or Greenland 

Think about all the muppets jetting off to Spain spending loads of money just to bake on a uncomfortable holiday, then jetting back to uk to find another 40c heatwave waiting for them.

When it was 40c here last year, it was uncomfortable to even go outside, at the peak of the temps. The model name letters on my car melted off and the macadam/ tar on our roads was squishy and loose. 

In temperate coastal climates like uk, going from freezing winter to mild spring to dangerously hot summer then back to mildness then minus temps again is a major stressor on the body, depending on your body type and genetics. 

Edited by LastOneLeftInTheCounty

32 minutes ago, LastOneLeftInTheCounty said:

44C in Marrakesh, f**k that I’d rather be in Iceland or Greenland 

Think about all the muppets jetting off to Spain spending loads of money just to bake on a uncomfortable holiday, then jetting back to uk to find another 40c heatwave waiting for them.

When it was 40c here last year, it was uncomfortable to even go outside, at the peak of the temps. The model name letters on my car melted off and the macadam/ tar on our roads was squishy and loose. 

In temperate coastal climates like uk, going from freezing winter to mild spring to dangerously hot summer then back to mildness then minus temps again is a major stressor on the body, depending on your body type and genetics. 

where i live in the uk never got over 25c

• Like 1

On 7/13/2023 at 11:06 AM, Captainlove said:

It's ridiculous propaganda. Majority will just read the 60c headline which is complete bollocks, a ground reading temperature. Meaningless but it does the job..

They are ramping it up. I saw today that Sky news had a UK reporter Live in Athens, reporting that it was hot...in Athens...in July...ffs - actually flew the bint out there for it- talk about putting your carbon footprint in it, if you believe in that nonsense. There were tourists in the background just milling around quite comfortable, I think I even saw someone in a jumper 😆.

Edited by Sidlittle
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Sidlittle said:

There were tourists in the background just milling around quite comfortable, I think I even saw someone in a jumper 😆.

Reminds me of those videos from the USA whenever there's a hurricane - they show a 'reporter' out in the rain shaking around as if they're being buffetted by very strong winds, while other people just walk casually behind them.

• Haha 1