BBC presenter paying for sexual images

Andy Mac

2 minutes ago, Sarahjane said:

I made the mistake of looking through twitter regarding this and there's a huge witch hunt happening without any proof. Sheep acting out herd mentality and accusing innocent people. The BBC really need to release the name officially to stop it all. Just my opinion. 

Could be a plot like others have said to bring in further censorship etc, so they actively want discussion so that they can later accuse people of destroying an innocent person's career. and thus tightening the internet so 'it can never happen again'.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

This morning I see this is on every front page. Another part of the destruction of the BBC. Even if that is deserved in some ways, I feel for the decent people and programmes that get ignored during the onslaught. I've listened to the talk against the BBC for a few years now, and yet every day I also have praise for the BBC- mostly the radio. I've meant to say it for a while. 

This morning on the BBC they said...

"Another crisis at the BBC 

We need greater clarity 

And what they're doing to put it right?"

They also said that every email that is sent between the BBC will be looked at later so they have to be careful what they say. 

It'll all be buzz words and sly agenda for a few days.

3 hours ago, Fluke said:

Is that illegal? Serious question isn't the age of consent 16?

there are online bills which use 18 as the limit.

you cant send indecent pics to an adult unless they consent to asking for or receiving it.

Edited by bamboozooka
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Anti Facts Sir said:

Well the latest score is ITV 0 BBC 1 - ITV's own goal over This Morning gave the Beeb the advantage but the BBC's defence looks a bit leaky. Could be an equalizer any minute.

More analysis from Wrighty after the break.

I thought it was 1-1 (Savile, etc)

• Like 1

Whoever is without sin cast the first stone, true or not, it makes a good point.  Still the same cycle, put them in the stocks throw veg or even better hang them.  If the police find that this person has committed a crime then they will prosecute and go on trial.  Innocent till proven guilty. I am just making a point nothing more.

• Like 1

Was watching a re-run of a Live chat on YouTube that occurred on Sunday afternoon and it stated a newspaper today wrote the person in question sits behind a desk, so the chat hosts assumed the BBC personality is either a news reader or a quiz show host . The alleged victim is female.

A few names have been thrown into the mix also like Alan Partridge or Mr. Blobby but I couldnt possibly comment !!  

2 minutes ago, Andy Mac said:

Was watching a re-run of a Live chat on YouTube that occurred on Sunday afternoon and it stated a newspaper today wrote the person in question sits behind a desk, so the chat hosts assumed the BBC personality is either a news reader or a quiz show host . The alleged victim is female.

A few names have been thrown into the mix also like Alan Partridge or Mr. Blobby but I couldnt possibly comment !!  

Basil Brush.

I knew it! I just didn't want to believe it could be true.

• Haha 3

BBC radio 5 from 9 till 11 spent, I believe, the whole two hours discussing this - in the second section centering the phone in around trial by media. It is clear to me that this is partly a training exercise for the people, that allegations cannot be made without evidence to back it up. Allegations can be extremely costly, as even re-tweets are publications. 

I got the impression while listening that the teenager might be a boy, the media are calling this a 'person', and a couple of callers referred to the boys' mother, and the presenter  Nicky Campbell said we don't know the gender. (We used to call that the sex

I heard a lot of calls mentioning mental health, connected to social media comments. 

I heard a lot of repetition, repetition, repetition to ensure that people get the message. The opinion was that there will be some huge payouts over this. Which will serve as an example. 

Right or wrong ...

Rather Patronisingly perhaps, we are told this is not the village square or the garden fence. 

These are a few more comments that i heard just after the show

Nicky Campbell spoke about his distressing weekend, and said he will be speaking to lawyers 

Jeremy Vine said social media is a massive fountain of sewage and somebody needs to put a cap on it 

The media are waiting on the 'doorstep' to 'grab an interview' with the BBC which they will get on Tuesday? 

What has been alleged? The story broke late Friday night. The BBC said they had been notified in May. The family say they are upset as no-one from the BBC contacted them. 

There are differences between what the BBC and the family are saying. 

The presenter has tried to contact the teenager twice to say what are you doing, can you get your family to stop. 

The law- 1976 - you cannot take, make or share indecent images of someone under the age of 18 

The teenager cannot give their consent. 

End quote 

Talk TV  - little bits overheard / quotes ...

Guest repeating that you can't just say what you want without thinking that someone will come for you 

Ian Collins asks: Are people really that stupid that they don't know that? And then in a few moments says 

"Simple question do you trust the BBC?

Also there is a lot of legal talk, legal training! 

This again is one big fat ... lessons will be learned ram in down our throats ...

Policing social media 

Potentially defamatory 

Government is calling for social media to police themselves 

Its been a very difficult weekend for other BBC presenters who have been caught up in this 

We will not be naming this person for legal reasons 

Gary Lineker was taken off air in a matter of hours but this presenter was allowed to stay for 60 days 

I keep hearing

Who knew what when ...

How it was dealt with ...

McAlpine was innocent 

In the past they have put the institution before the individual i don't think they've done that here 

What they knew when they knew it and what they're going to do about it?

The problem will come back again and again and it relates to social media - the publics' right to know and the individuals right to privacy 

Your primary duty is to the young person involved 

Referring to Frank Bough ... "we're all human and we all do stupid things"

It's been a cheap opportunity to kick the beeb 

People like Pritti Patel and Nadine Dories 

"I don't think this will be one of the big scandals, that is the ones where the BBC have kept information from the public"

( He means in the past - maybe i would say what like in the 'pandemic' era ....?! 😉 )

Roger Bolton - Former BBC Presenter

ian Collins; I disagree. These allegations are shocking and because of the individual, because I know who it is ... more so 

End quote 

• Like 2

Hurled into the mix of the Twitter sphere. We don’t know much. Anyone is a published writer but not trained, open themselves up to libel. 

it’s going to make life harder for people at the BBC. Against the background of other very famous cases. Duty of care. Have the BBC been slow? 7 weeks. We will know before too long who the presenter is, but the story doesn’t wait for that.

People who are gunning for the BBC … In the Express, ‘he’ accused the BBC of being a haven for perverts. (A journalist) 

57 minutes ago, bamboozooka said:

fake news is not mentioning the gender of the victim still.

odds on the victim is a male.

Yes it appears so. Earlier Nicky Campbell said we don’t know the ‘gender’. But then I saw today’s Metro and this is a quote from the front page. 

The youngster’s mother said she saw an image of him on her son’s phone ‘from some kind of video call’ looking like he was getting ready for my child to perform for him’. 

• Like 1

Like I said at the start, the whole "story" and the way it's been released to the media was bait to see who fell into the trap on "social media" and how many people easily became pre-occupied with playing "ID the famous paedo" type nonsense again.

PTB trying to flush out more stupid individuals online who they can hit with legal action for indulging in speculation, and build a convincing case for policing the net and limiting free speech via the Online Harms Bill.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Anti Facts Sir said:

Like I said at the start, the whole "story" and the way it's been released to the media was bait to see who fell into the trap on "social media" and how many people easily became pre-occupied with playing "ID the famous paedo" type nonsense again.

PTB trying to flush out more stupid individuals online who they can hit with legal action for indulging in speculation, and build a convincing case for policing the net and limiting free speech via the Online Harms Bill.

Could be mate. It's dangerous to start bandying about names, especially on here. DI could end up in a whole world of trouble and, as you say, they could throttle the internet and put and end to what remains of free speech.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1