Virgin Galactic launch their first commercial spaceflight

Mono Inc

Why are some people so critical of great achievements?

I believe that some may be negative because they have not managed to achieve anything significant in their own lives, so they feel the need to criticize the achievements of others.

33 minutes ago, Mono Inc said:

I believe that some may be negative because they have not managed to achieve anything significant in their own lives, so they feel the need to criticize the achievements of others.

4e25b4ad097f422b1b492781f1b7939f

Edited by bamboozooka

53 minutes ago, Mono Inc said:

Ok .... fair enough comment.

May I ask you @Mono Inc what you consider is a "Great Achievement" in this place?

In the past, I have known people who state " To have a child is the greatest achievement in life."

I said to them that I considered it NOT to be an achievement as it is nothing more than the act of procreation and that they had near nothing to do with it except the initial act (which most likely took them a very limited time and they didn't have a sodding clue how it works).

An achievement would be to raise a child in this place and that child be sound of mind and body! .... you know .... fucking intelligent and centred!

People are weird!

Edited by lake
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, lake said:

Ok .... fair enough comment.

May I ask you @Mono Inc what you consider is a "Great Achievement" in this place?

In the past, I have known people who state " To have a child is the greatest achievement in life."

I said to them that I considered it NOT to be an achievement as it is nothing more than the act of procreation and that they had near nothing to do with it except the initial act (which most likely took them a very limited time and they didn't have a sodding clue how it works).

An achievement would be to raise a child in this place and that child be sound of mind and body! .... you know .... fucking intelligent and centred!

People are weird!

I agree.

Perhaps I should have said a great engineering achievement. However despite that what, Virgin Galactic have achieved is a great achievement. 

• 2 weeks later...