Oceangate sub and missing billionaire

Mikhail Liebestein

29 minutes ago, Nemuri Kyoshiro said:

And the former will remain unexplored. Can't go there unless you're one of the top dogs. Air New Zealand used to do tourist flights over Antarctica until one crashed. I don't know if they ever resumed.

Just a few of the ticket costs to Antarctica & then you can only go where they say, the Ocean Gate was a bargain in comparison, except for the unlucky few who were aboard it.

image_2023-07-02_223329396.png.a9e32716e6ba08ad92590350adb50c22.png

Edited by alexa
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Incontinentia_Buttux said:

Apart from the bottom of the oceans, which are inhospitable anyway and impractical to exploit, i fail to see how the majority of the earth's surface is unexplored.

Large amounts of the Amazon rainforest are unexplored. Recently satellite imagery has started to find masses of unknown structures. They have only just found markings larger than Nazca.

8 minutes ago, Incontinentia_Buttux said:

I think we know why now!

2 hours ago, Incontinentia_Buttux said:

Apart from the bottom of the oceans, which are inhospitable anyway and impractical to exploit, i fail to see how the majority of the earth's surface is unexplored.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bombadil said:

Large amounts of the Amazon rainforest are unexplored. Recently satellite imagery has started to find masses of unknown structures. They have only just found markings larger than Nazca.

I didn't think Nascar race tracks were that big, I guess you learn something new every day

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Incontinentia_Buttux said:

Interesting video, so they reckon they had 20 minutes of knowing they were about to die?

I don't think so ,if they knew there was a problem why not just re-surface,I know it would take more than 20 minutes but every increment you can gain in altitude diminishes pressure on the hull

1 hour ago, peter said:

I don't think so ,if they knew there was a problem why not just re-surface,I know it would take more than 20 minutes but every increment you can gain in altitude diminishes pressure on the hull

If they were taking on water maybe there was an electrical failure and the systems to get them back to the surface were unable to work.  They had already lost communication with the surface vessel.  My understanding of that submarine is that a lot of its navigation was dependent on comms with the surface ship.

4 hours ago, Incontinentia_Buttux said:

If they were taking on water maybe there was an electrical failure and the systems to get them back to the surface were unable to work.  They had already lost communication with the surface vessel.  My understanding of that submarine is that a lot of its navigation was dependent on comms with the surface ship.

One thing is for sure, we can all discus this till we're blue in thew face and everything that is written about the nature of their demise is just conjecture as no one is alive to tell the tale, there is one thing we can be certain of and that is we are all lucky that we weren't aboard  

Edited by peter
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, peter said:

https://icetrek.com/join-a-trip/south-pole-and-antarctica

https://www.polarexplorers.com/north-pole-flight

It's amazing how you can't go to the north or south pole

I think you've been watching Utube just a tad too much

Oh you can go alright'

11 hours ago, alexa said:

Just a few of the ticket costs to Antarctica & then you can only go where they say, the Ocean Gate was a bargain in comparison, except for the unlucky few who were aboard it.

image_2023-07-02_223329396.png.a9e32716e6ba08ad92590350adb50c22.png