Oceangate sub and missing billionaire

Mikhail Liebestein

Please Listen to this:-

I was thinking the same about the high risk snagging of those outer blue cables we see on the sub. Titan.  This guy refused to go even in 2018, but another guy in 2021 (in another video) was alright and returned safely in an earlier version of the Titan, but even with that being so, it makes you wonder about the testing of that one too, if as this Chris Brown is saying here, in late 2018, he had concerns about not being happy in all aspects and so could not feel safe to mitigate the shoddiness of the design back then as others should be having since.....

Edited by Certified Green of Heart

46 minutes ago, Mikhail Liebestein said:

Sounds like early structural fail from the debris field report. So what was the tapping heard?

Who can say? There's all kinds of odd noises heard out at sea. Chains clanking on a buoy can be head from miles away. I hope it was a catastrophic structural failure because at least death would have been quick and merciful.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Captainlove said:

Im still trying to understand why this story is getting massive coverage. Whats really going on.

It's a trailer for a forthcoming blockbuster Hollyweird movie, in the meantime Interest rates have risen, food prices are ridiculous, and politicians in the UK are mocking the general public. But the lives of a few ultra wealthy, privileged individuals must be seen as a priority.

• Like 4

I don't really understand why people are so apathetic to be honest. Tradegy, a careless ceo, people lost their lives...  not really knocking the jokes as i love dark jokes but noticed so many people "oh they were rich". 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Artie Fufkin said:

It's a trailer for a forthcoming blockbuster Hollyweird movie, in the meantime Interest rates have risen, food prices are ridiculous, and politicians in the UK are mocking the general public. But the lives of a few ultra wealthy, privileged individuals must be seen as a priority.

I agree with all the points you've made but the submarine story is hardly commonplace and thus newsworthy. Like the Nicola Bully case, it has given the media something to report on - if that's the right phrase - and an angle that will keep the public tuned in to whatever they are saying. Interest rates, food prices, political shenanigans are all part of the everyday fabric of life. This story isn't hence the coverage.

• Like 1

On 6/20/2023 at 12:36 PM, Anti Facts Sir said:

1912: several very wealthy men go down on board the "Titanic".

2023: a very wealthy man goes down while looking for the "Titanic" underwater.

A stupid idea, a curse, an accident, a handy way to get rid of someone, or of silencing them.

Take your pick.

randolph hearst, the steel magnate rokefeller and others due to be on the ship, didnt arrive, but went on to become billionaires producing tanks and arms for both sides in the first world war, and then for the allies, in the second world war, as well as the spanish civil war and even argentina .

1 hour ago, Fluke said:

I don't really understand why people are so apathetic to be honest. Tradegy, a careless ceo, people lost their lives...  not really knocking the jokes as i love dark jokes but noticed so many people "oh they were rich". 

Not so much rich as who they were (and who they might also be) connected to.

On 6/21/2023 at 9:30 AM, Ride The Lightning said:

I'm thinking this is the perfect excuse to prevent any tourist trips down there again. We recently got that 3D scan of the Titanic didn't we, which was pretty impressive, but now maybe we'll just get told that that's all you're going to get now.

This does seem to be an angle that the mass media are currently pushing. Don't know why though.

5 hours ago, Captainlove said:

Im still trying to understand why this story is getting massive coverage.

To distract the sheeple from the current realities of their lives. All downhill from here...

Edited by numnuts
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Anti Facts Sir said:

Not so much rich as who they were (and who they might also be) connected to.

It intrigues me to know who's connected to who & to connect the dots................................................................................................................................

MOD NOTE: Maybe there was more to this than meets the eye. Currently looks just an horrific accident.

Can members please stop making bullshit posts about this. It makes us all look like idiots and is just the sort of stuff that gets us ridiculed. 
Use genuine research to create debatable points.

NO REPLYS

5 hours ago, Anti Facts Sir said:

I'm wondering about the very precise numbers/details that they've suddenly come up as an answer to what happened and where. If there is any significance to them.

want numbers? heres a special one

Titanic director James Cameron: 'OceanGate were warned'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-65994707

Cameron has completed 33 dives to the wreck of the Titanic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted at 4:57 on BBC Website - where there is a long list of updates 

More on the US Navy's pick-up of 'implosion' sound

The US Navy detected “an acoustic anomaly consistent with an implosion” just hours after the Titan began its dive on Sunday.

The information was immediately shared with the US Coast Guard, which used it to narrow the scope of its search, an official told CBS News.

But it's not clear why this information was not made public earlier.

It's believed the implosion sound was picked by the Navy's secretive long-range sonar listening system which has its origins in the Cold War.

The Sound Surveillance System was created in the 1950s to listen for Soviet submarines in the remote depths of the Atlantic Ocean.

Precise details of current operations are classified, but a US Navy website describes them as performing “detection, localisation and tracking of submarines and the collection of acoustic and hydrographic information.”

........ Part of the reason I share this is because it appears that it was known very early that there had been an implosion and that the media led people to believe that there was a chance, for 3 whole days? Also that the submarine was, perhaps, found in a more obvious location than the vast search area implied in the media? Below its last known location?

In common with Anti Facts Sir, I can't help but be interested in the numbers used. For example 40 hours of oxygen left? When it appears that it was known that the sub had already imploded? Perhaps it was just a way to hold the publics attention, where it has been headline news with the economy second.

In the BBC thread I see some well used / over used 'media' words ... hope, heartbreak, our thoughts, lessons learned, unprecedented. 

• Thanks 3

Thanks bamboozooka, I was also interested in Cameron's comments. 

'Entire week has been prolonged and nightmarish charade' - Director James Cameron

BBC Copyright: BBC - 23:21 on June 22nd 

Director James Cameron, who has completed 33 dives to the Titanic, has told BBC News that he predicted this deadly outcome days earlier.

The director of the blockbuster film Titanic said he was on a ship on Sunday when the sub first went missing, and he did not hear about its disappearance until Monday.

When he learned that the sub had lost both its navigation and communication at the same time, he said he immediately suspected a disaster had taken place.

"I felt in my bones what had happened. For the sub’s electronics to fail and its communication system to fail, and its tracking transponder to fail simultaneously - sub's gone."

Cameron told BBC News the past week has "felt like a prolonged and nightmarish charade where people are running around talking about banging noises and talking about oxygen and all this other stuff".

He added that once a remotely controlled underwater vehicle was deployed on Thursday, searchers "found it within hours, probably within minutes".

Edited by Observations
  • Like 2