Jump to content

The God of religions is the DEMIURGE. When people pray, they are feeding this being that MASQUERADES as their creator.


Recommended Posts

51 minutes ago, Mr H said:

I actually had similar thought other day. Especially considering how much bible has been changed.

 

Yahweh was a Caananite God. Their God of metallurgy. Canaanite as in child sacrificing, devil worshipping pagans.

 

Jehovah is a corruption of an Egyptian trinity. Pagan again.

 

The Old Testament God tells us he is a jealous and vengeful God. An eye for an eye and all that. Allows whole peoples, women and children to be slaughtered in his name.

 

Very suspect.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Mr H said:

I actually had similar thought other day. Especially considering how much bible has been changed.

 

The KJV is the only Bible that hasn't been changed. The New KJV plus all the rest has, so these I would stay clear of.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, pi3141 said:

The Old Testament God tells us he is a jealous and vengeful God. An eye for an eye and all that. Allows whole peoples, women and children to be slaughtered in his name.

 

Have you really looked into the reason why this was ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, alexa said:

I'm a bit confused at this, what do you mean ? :classic_unsure:

 

You don't fight evil with evil and you cannot excuse evil with the justification that its logical or 'for the greater good'

 

Unfortunately it is possible in human affairs to justify it - if I get attacked i have a choice to defend and counterattack or subdue myself to it. Jesus taught to allow it to happen, if you respond with evil, you become evil.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, pi3141 said:

 

Resist not evil - Sermon on the Mount.

 

Quote

Perhaps the most important reason we should not resist an evil person is that Jesus Himself did not. Jesus practiced what He preached. When He was arrested and crucified, Jesus did not fight back or resist. He did not seek revenge or try and “get even” with His tormentors. Rather, He loved them and died for them, and He asked His Heavenly Father to forgive them for the wrong they committed (Luke 23:34). Following Jesus’ example, we should not resist an evil person. We, too, can choose to love and forgive those who have wronged us

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Campion said:

Didn't Jesus overturn the tables of the money changers at the temple to resist them? If that was an exception to the rule, I wonder why? Perhaps because it was at the temple rather than in regular society?

 

That was an upset or a protest, no violence involved.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

"III. 1 But the son of Annas the scribe was standing there with Joseph; and he took a branch of a willow and dispersed the waters which Jesus had gathered together. 2 And when Jesus saw what was done, he was wroth and said unto him: O evil, ungodly, and foolish one, what hurt did the pools and the waters do thee? behold, now also thou shalt be withered like a tree, and shalt not bear leaves, neither root, nor fruit. 3 And straightway that lad withered up wholly"

 

IV. 1 After that again he went through the village, and a child ran and dashed against his shoulder. And Jesus was provoked and said unto him: Thou shalt not finish thy course (lit. go all thy way). And immediately he fell down and died

 

Jesus said, "Perhaps people think that I have come to cast peace upon the world. They do not know that I have come to cast conflicts upon the earth: fire, sword, war.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Mr H said:

"III. 1 But the son of Annas the scribe was standing there with Joseph; and he took a branch of a willow and dispersed the waters which Jesus had gathered together. 2 And when Jesus saw what was done, he was wroth and said unto him: O evil, ungodly, and foolish one, what hurt did the pools and the waters do thee? behold, now also thou shalt be withered like a tree, and shalt not bear leaves, neither root, nor fruit. 3 And straightway that lad withered up wholly"

 

IV. 1 After that again he went through the village, and a child ran and dashed against his shoulder. And Jesus was provoked and said unto him: Thou shalt not finish thy course (lit. go all thy way). And immediately he fell down and died

 

Jesus said, "Perhaps people think that I have come to cast peace upon the world. They do not know that I have come to cast conflicts upon the earth: fire, sword, war.

 

Yes - But can we believe the Gospel of Thomas ? It also states that Jesus mixed up some mud & twelve sparrow birds flew out of it.

 

Quote

This child Jesus, when five years old, was playing in the ford of a mountain stream; and He collected the flowing waters into pools, and made them clear immediately, and by a word alone He made them obey Him. And having made some soft clay, He fashioned out of it twelve sparrows

 

This reminds me of the nursery rhyme 'Sing a Song of Sixpence' 😁

 

 

Edited by alexa
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, pi3141 said:

 

Again, no violence involved in resisting that one. He didn't use evil to overcome the situation.  He simply refused.

 

Ok thanks Pi, so it's just violent resistance which he is against. I haven't checked the original quotes in the Bible so I'll take your word for it. But I do also remember another passage about him not bringing peace but a sword. It all makes me think the context is important and we can't make generalisations out of specifics. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/19/2023 at 1:47 PM, alexa said:

 

Not if risks the survival of humanity.

 

20 hours ago, pi3141 said:

 

You don't fight evil with evil and you cannot excuse evil with the justification that its logical or 'for the greater good'

 

Unfortunately it is possible in human affairs to justify it - if I get attacked i have a choice to defend and counterattack or subdue myself to it. Jesus taught to allow it to happen, if you respond with evil, you become evil.

 

 

 

Be defiant in the face of evil, offer the other cheek also as a sign of defiance and purpose, stand your ground, never back down, hold the line in defense of good, you gave the chance and the warning to change course.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...