Were You Awake And Didn't Realise?

I Recently Ive been listening to some of my old back catalogue of music and I started to realise that a lot of what I was listening to in my youth would now probably classed as music for the 'awakened' rather than just mainstream stuff. Ive always been into the lyrics as much as the song, but now I know think maybe I was guided to seek those songs out as a gentle part of the awakening process. The lyrics would tell of the stuff going on in the world. Back then I didnt see it of course, but now, with hindsight I do.

Its the same with films for me too. I have been drawn to sci-fi and fantasy, and also books that are similar.

So it got me thinking, is this a way we are nudged to see if we are listening?

I have also had some weird experiences which i just brushed off or set aside, now I know different and i wonder how many more folks get these nudges too.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RobinJ said:

I Recently Ive been listening to some of my old back catalogue of music and I started to realise that a lot of what I was listening to in my youth would now probably classed as music for the 'awakened' rather than just mainstream stuff. Ive always been into the lyrics as much as the song, but now I know think maybe I was guided to seek those songs out as a gentle part of the awakening process. The lyrics would tell of the stuff going on in the world. Back then I didnt see it of course, but now, with hindsight I do.

Its the same with films for me too. I have been drawn to sci-fi and fantasy, and also books that are similar.

I have also had some weird experiences which i just brushed off or set aside, now I know different and i wonder how many more folks get these nudges too.

I agree, and this is probably a very mild recollection compared to many, but John Lennon's 'Working Class Hero' had that affect on me, and I drove my poor wife mad by keep replaying it over and over in the pit that I euphemistically called the spare bedroom!🤔

Edited by Mr Crabtree

4 hours ago, RobinJ said:

When I were younger I used to play this over and over, it must have drove the neighbors crazy 😂

I keep noticing more and more the various lyrics that suddenly pop into my head that i never paid attention to before as having meaning rather than just washing over me. I feel like I am in classic Homer Simpson DUH! mode.😂 all those signs I missed...( or ignored)

53 minutes ago, peter said:

and is now known as the dog house

There speaks a married man, I'm the responsible one in our marriage, if anything goes wrong, apparently, I'm responsible in some way or other, 🤔from WW2 {although I wasn't born until 1948 }🫣 through to,    well, through to whatever really!🤨 

A husbands life,

is full of strife,

with tears of pain and sorrow,

if you think today's been bad,

just wait until tomorrow! 🤐

When we first got married, we were very, very happy, 😘 and then, on the way to the wedding reception😟 43 years we've been married, and it only seems like yesterday, if it was tomorrow, I don't think I'd bother turning up!🤫 The registrar said 'do you take this woman'? I said 'would you'? he said 'no, not really' and I said 'well, why try and palm her off on me then'?🫢

Edited by Mr Crabtree
  • Haha 3

We can all choose to change ourselves or relationships. If you chose to settle with less than you desire, that's your choice not to grow either together or apart. I'm sure all the ladies in these dead marriages have a view too.

We all have choice, for now at least.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, RobinJ said:

We can all choose to change ourselves or relationships. If you chose to settle with less than you desire, that's your choice not to grow either together or apart. I'm sure all the ladies in these dead marriages have a view too.

We all have choice, for now at least.

Yes, but all joking apart we're happy enough, and the only couple out of our bunch of old mates we had when we married who're still together, although most of them said we wouldn't last six months, we've proved 'em wrong👍! My wife keeps in touch with them through 'FACEFUCK' or at least some site that should be called that!🫢 I won't even touch that site, it's the modern equivalent of a nosey bastard looking through a keyhole to see what's going on! Not one of the old gang has left our little market town in the Midlands, when I told them we were moving to Brighton, they looked at me as if I were Marco Polo { the man who invented the mint with the hole 🤫 }!  'Fuck me mate, that's hundreds of miles away, you won't like it there, you won't know anyone, it's full of 'queers', you'll soon come back'! was the general consensus!🥴  This from people who live in a small market town full of sheep shaggers anyway! 🤫 We've only been back for weddings or funerals, oh, and one Christening!

Edited by Mr Crabtree
  • Like 1

Meanwhile, and getting back on topic, I feel the music industry above all others are the first to understand the real sacrifice needed to be in that zone, with the rest of entertainment a close second. Which, I guess is why some artists seek to warn us of the real world we inhabit, whether that's from a world events perspective or the spiritual one.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RobinJ said:

Meanwhile, and getting back on topic, I feel the music industry above all others are the first to understand the real sacrifice needed to be in that zone, with the rest of entertainment a close second. Which, I guess is why some artists seek to warn us of the real world we inhabit, whether that's from a world events perspective or the spiritual one.

Sorry, I didn't mean to derail you, or the topic, which is an important thing to look at, another piece to add to the large jigsaw of understanding what's really going on under our very noses!👍

Edited by Mr Crabtree

4 hours ago, Mr Crabtree said:

Sorry, I didn't mean to derail you, or the topic, which is an important thing to look at, another piece to add to the large jigsaw of understanding what's really going on under our very noses!👍

Sure, no worries. All the weird experiences we have through life are also nudges I think. Like de javu, seeing doppelganger, strange dreams and other shannanigans. We really should pay more attention 😛 I'm often reminded now of those guys who were walking around with placards pronouncing the end of the world....seems they were right after all!

• Haha 1

To use a computer analogy.

Everything was programmed before apparent separate you entered the game, by the real you. It has been perfectly designed, no coincidences and no free will or choice for the player in the game, only for the one playing the game.

So yes these things are likely to have special meaning/signs for you.

8 hours ago, Mr H said:

To use a computer analogy.

Everything was programmed before apparent separate you entered the game, by the real you. It has been perfectly designed, no coincidences and no free will or choice for the player in the game, only for the one playing the game.

So yes these things are likely to have special meaning/signs for you.

Hmm I doubt there is only one "real you" per se considering even science now agree we live in a multidimensional universe. Probability is that there are multiple "us" all over the place 🤨

18 hours ago, RobinJ said:

Hmm I doubt there is only one "real you" per se considering even science now agree we live in a multidimensional universe. Probability is that there are multiple "us" all over the place 🤨

All seeming experience, including seeming individuals are precipitations or modulations, of I, the only one, that is consciousness.

Within this model there is space for multi dimensions, seeming individuals, objects etc 

But when we speak like this in absolutism, it's easy then to mistake these words to mean there is one guy ( like a human) in charge having executive control. We cannot really say it is like this either. In my experience it is more omnicentric when it comes to how it functions.

Edited by Mr H

I think “being awake” is a really broad subject. It’s easy to be aware of some things and not others. I.e: taking a non conformist attitude to health and well being, Spirituality etc, but still not being aware of the conspiracies going on around you.

Though it’s probably a bit like drug use. Just because you take one drug doesn’t mean you will try others, though certainly the likelihood of exposure to others is likely.

One part of being “awake” I think is to be able to sieve quicker through the inundation of misinformation, deliberate or not.

My earliest memories are of resisting any type of indoctrination, regardless of the source. I chose music and books for really odd reasons. I would pick library books which had few or no stamps. (Remember those days!). Wondered why they were not borrowed. Turns out most was more alternate thinking. Same with choices in direction whilst walking. I always choose the least inviting looking path. Needed to see that it was fine, just imagination. 

Were all born to question, 100%. Just need to avoid time spent in places, or with people, who drain us.

On 5/18/2023 at 3:40 PM, RobinJ said:

Rush did this for me. Lyrics always thought provoking. Smoking weed and listening to them opened up many lines of thinking.

On another note. I think we can awaken ourselves to a myriad of things just by slowing down and being in the moment. Today I was at a place called St Gothans nature reserve. Saw Canada Geese fledglings. Just starting out on their own journey. Moments like this put a lot of things into perspective for me. The universe carries on regardless of me, but if I take the time it will share beautiful moments always. It also teaches me how little it needs me as well. Nature always humbles me and is a great way to reduce the ego.

3 hours ago, Bombadil said:

I think “being awake” is a really broad subject. It’s easy to be aware of some things and not others. I.e: taking a non conformist attitude to health and well being, Spirituality etc, but still not being aware of the conspiracies going on around you.

Though it’s probably a bit like drug use. Just because you take one drug doesn’t mean you will try others, though certainly the likelihood of exposure to others is likely.

One part of being “awake” I think is to be able to sieve quicker through the inundation of misinformation, deliberate or not.

My earliest memories are of resisting any type of indoctrination, regardless of the source. I chose music and books for really odd reasons. I would pick library books which had few or no stamps. (Remember those days!). Wondered why they were not borrowed. Turns out most was more alternate thinking. Same with choices in direction whilst walking. I always choose the least inviting looking path. Needed to see that it was fine, just imagination. 

Were all born to question, 100%. Just need to avoid time spent in places, or with people, who drain us.

interesting! Yes, I've met many different formats of awake in the last 3 years. Many living on hope more than any real belief or want to change.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bombadil said:

On another note. I think we can awaken ourselves to a myriad of things just by slowing down and being in the moment. Today I was at a place called St Gothans nature reserve. Saw Canada Geese fledglings. Just starting out on their own journey. Moments like this put a lot of things into perspective for me. The universe carries on regardless of me, but if I take the time it will share beautiful moments always. It also teaches me how little it needs me as well. Nature always humbles me and is a great way to reduce the ego.

Absolutely. After a complete life change I now live in a forest and live to just listen to nature without noise pollution of any kind. You get to notice the rhythms of your surroundings.😍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, RobinJ said:

Absolutely. After a complete life change I now live in a forest and live to just listen to nature without noise pollution of any kind. You get to notice the rhythms of your surroundings.😍

Exactly. I do my best thinking surrounded by nature. Plus the healing power of trees is now well documented and proven. They release chemicals which interact with us at a genetic level. When we feel good surrounded by trees, we really do feel good.

• Like 1

On 5/19/2023 at 2:31 PM, Mr Crabtree said:

Yes, but all joking apart we're happy enough, and the only couple out of our bunch of old mates we had when we married who're still together, although most of them said we wouldn't last six months, we've proved 'em wrong👍! My wife keeps in touch with them through 'FACEFUCK' or at least some site that should be called that!🫢 I won't even touch that site, it's the modern equivalent of a nosey bastard looking through a keyhole to see what's going on! Not one of the old gang has left our little market town in the Midlands, when I told them we were moving to Brighton, they looked at me as if I were Marco Polo { the man who invented the mint with the hole 🤫 }!  'Fuck me mate, that's hundreds of miles away, you won't like it there, you won't know anyone, it's full of 'queers', you'll soon come back'! was the general consensus!🥴  This from people who live in a small market town full of sheep shaggers anyway! 🤫 We've only been back for weddings or funerals, oh, and one Christening!

I was eating a Polo as I read this and I hadn't had them for years.

Damn those synchronicities.

Anyway, your posts have been a good laugh 😂