Bill Gates Wants To Force Thin-Client Computing On Us - Windows 365

Truthblast

- Windows 365 has rolled out

- It lets you rent a Cloud PC that runs in Microsoft's data centers

- You access the virtual, remote-hosted Windows PC from devices ranging from LG Smart TVs to iPads to a laptop or desktop PC browser

- The screen/desktop of the cloud Windows PC is streamed to your device screen

- All of your apps and data are stored on Microsoft's servers

This is useful for some companies who don't want to spend lots of money buying and maintaining expensive PCs for hundreds of employees.

But this is Bill Gates we are talking about.

He likely sees this as a stepping stone to eventually FORCING everyone to use Windows IN THE CLOUD ONLY in the future.

A few years from now Microsoft may tell you that you can ONLY CONTINUE TO USE WINDOWS ON THEIR REMOTE-HOSTED VIRTUAL PCs.

And you can only RENT those remote PCs - you CANNOT ACTUALLY OWN ONE.

I believe STARLINK may be a PART of this - what ELSE needs THOUSANDS OF COMSATS in Earth orbit???

https://virtualizationreview.com/articles/2023/02/17/w365-business-edition.aspx?m=1

• Sad 1

No good to me. Most of the high-end software I run is cracked! There's no way you'll be able to run cracked software on the 365 platform.

Anyway, what does the average Joe use a PC for? I'd suspect mostly games, email, writing the odd Word doc, streaming video from tv, netflix, prime, etc, and surfing the net. Apart from the latest games, you can do all of that in good old XP.

My current machines run Win7 and Win10 and I've no more plans to 'upgrade.' Thanks, but no thanks.

Edited by webtrekker
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, webtrekker said:

No good to me. Most of the high-end software I run is cracked! There's no way you'll be able to run cracked software on the 365 platform.

Anyway, what does the average Joe use a PC for? I'd suspect mostly games, email, writing the odd Word doc, streaming video from tv, netflix, prime, etc, and surfing the net. Apart from the latest games, you can do all of that in good old XP.

My current machines run Win7 and Win10 and I've no more plans to 'upgrade.' Thanks, but no thanks.

What keeps people on PC/Mac are:

1) 3D Games/VR specific to those platforms

2) Digital Content Creation software ranging from image and video editing to 3D CGI and Game/VR development tools

3) Industry-standard CAD/CAM/Engineering tools

4) Programming/Software Development tools

"Just install Linux" does not solve the software availability problem.

If Microsoft FORCES cloud-Windows to be used 5 - 10 years from now, 100s of millions of users are affected.