And another………

CarpeDiem

I went to a football match today, a minutes clapping for a player who ‘died suddenly’. I come home and……..

https://news.sky.com/story/s-club-7s-paul-cattermole-dies-aged-46-12851988

At the football, I asked myself…..how many people here are questioning these ‘sudden, unexpected deaths’….then I thought…..probably hardly any as most probably had the juice so they could continue watching the ‘beautiful game’. 

Has anyone else noticed how, now when it is announced somone died ‘unexpectedly’ no body questions it. It has all become normalised by those who fear facing facts.

What sad, sad, spineless times we live in.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, CarpeDiem said:

I went to a football match today, a minutes clapping for a player who ‘died suddenly’. I come home and……..

https://news.sky.com/story/s-club-7s-paul-cattermole-dies-aged-46-12851988

At the football, I asked myself…..how many people here are questioning these ‘sudden, unexpected deaths’….then I thought…..probably hardly any as most probably had the juice so they could continue watching the ‘beautiful game’. 

Has anyone else noticed how, now when it is announced somone died ‘unexpectedly’ no body questions it. It has all become normalised by those who fear facing facts.

What sad, sad, spineless times we live in.

I'm sure he stepped on a WW2 landmine that happened to be burried where the match was played.

Just a tragic coincidence.

🤠

The amount of players dropping dead are up 300% apparently. Just coincidence of course.

Another thing I'm noticing is the amount of minutes applause and silences we are now having. Used to be once in a blue moon. Now it's every other week. More conditions to obey upon command.

Not that our season has been a roaring success being a Cardiff fan. 😂🤔👀⚽

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm surprised anyone gets back home before midnight anymore....all the build-up, a minutes silence, maybe a minutes applause, some on-pitch presentation by the sponsors, taking the knee....breaks every half of a half for Ramadan, extra injury time for all the rolling around...possibly breaks for medical emergencies.....no wonder ticket prices are so high.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Anti Facts Sir said:

I'm surprised anyone gets back home before midnight anymore....all the build-up, a minutes silence, maybe a minutes applause, some on-pitch presentation by the sponsors, taking the knee....breaks every half of a half for Ramadan, extra injury time for all the rolling around...possibly breaks for medical emergencies.....no wonder ticket prices are so high.

I was watching the Tottenham game today on a stream. "Say no to racism" was popping up every 10 minutes. 

I'm really thankful for this reminder because I did unfortunately have an urge to go and shout abuse at the Khan family next door. But thanks to sky's reminders I decided that's not the right thing to do. 

I'm thinking going forward maybe they could add some more slogans like "violence is bad" "rape is bad". Anyways just really thankful the messages are there. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

4 hours ago, Anti Facts Sir said:

I'd never have thought football would become the circus it has when loving the game back in the 70s and 80s.

It shows how easy it is to infiltrate, subvert and control ANYTHING if given enough time - whether a working class sport or entire nations.

I'll add the utterly corrupt VAR to your list of time consuming follies.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Anti Facts Sir said:

Its them landmines I tell ya.

Poor sportsmen.

Steppin' on them every week...

• Like 1