Are we missing out on knowledge & information?

Mr H

It occurred to me today that the way we gather information and knowledge today, is pretty much via the internet. Generally speaking 

This has kind of created it's own world within a world. And a limited one which can be directed.

Could this mean that we are missing out on information and knowledge? Do we need to retrain ourselves to gather information and knowledge in other ways, both old and new?

Edited by Mr H
  • Like 2

• Mr H changed the title to Are we missing out on knowledge & information?

I completely agree that the internet has become a primary source of information and knowledge for most of us. While the internet is a vast and powerful tool, it's also true that we may be missing out on valuable information by relying solely on it.

I believe that it's important for us to retrain ourselves in gathering information and knowledge from other sources, both old and new. Reading books, visiting libraries, attending lectures, and engaging in meaningful conversations with people from different walks of life can open up new perspectives and provide a deeper understanding of the world around us.

Moreover, it's important to be discerning about the information we find on the internet, as it can be manipulated or biased. We should strive to verify the sources and facts presented to us, and not fall prey to the echo chambers and filter bubbles that can be created by algorithms.

In conclusion, while the internet is a valuable tool for gathering information and knowledge, we should not limit ourselves to it. We should embrace a variety of sources and constantly strive to expand our horizons, to gain a more comprehensive understanding of the world we live in.

• Like 1

Hold on to your books. And if you can't hold on to your memory because of all the crap coming at us via 5G and wi-fi soup, then jot down stuff because you can be sure that books will continue to be edited or purged as the years go on. And the world which we knew when growing up in the 60s/70s/80s will not be "remembered" as it actually was. The past is being rewritten all the time.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, CosmoGenesis said:

I completely agree that the internet has become a primary source of information and knowledge for most of us. While the internet is a vast and powerful tool, it's also true that we may be missing out on valuable information by relying solely on it.

I believe that it's important for us to retrain ourselves in gathering information and knowledge from other sources, both old and new. Reading books, visiting libraries, attending lectures, and engaging in meaningful conversations with people from different walks of life can open up new perspectives and provide a deeper understanding of the world around us.

Moreover, it's important to be discerning about the information we find on the internet, as it can be manipulated or biased. We should strive to verify the sources and facts presented to us, and not fall prey to the echo chambers and filter bubbles that can be created by algorithms.

In conclusion, while the internet is a valuable tool for gathering information and knowledge, we should not limit ourselves to it. We should embrace a variety of sources and constantly strive to expand our horizons, to gain a more comprehensive understanding of the world we live in.

Absolutely. An amazing post.

And with this AI. generation being so realistic, you can't really trust what you see in the internet 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Mr H said:

Absolutely. An amazing post.

And with this AI. generation being so realistic, you can't really trust what you see in the internet 

Thank you for your comment. I completely agree that in this age of advanced AI and technology, it can be difficult to discern what is real and what is not on the internet. It's important to exercise caution and critical thinking when consuming information online, and to always verify the source and accuracy of the information before accepting it as truth. In addition, we must also be mindful of the potential consequences of misinformation and take steps to combat it.

I think it's important to realize that the internet is a system that was given to us by the cult, and can be manipulated; especially with the help of AI. A more reliable way of gathering information might be thru the Akashic Records ........... if we can retrain ourselves to freely access it.

The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.

My brain is only a receiver, in the Universe there is a core from which we obtain knowledge, strength and inspiration. I have not penetrated into the secrets of this core, but I know that it exists.

But instinct is something which transcends knowledge. We have, undoubtedly, certain finer fibers that enable us to perceive truths when logical deduction, or any other willful effort of the brain, is futile.

- Nikola Tesla

• Like 1