Jump to content

We're f*cked! ...


webtrekker

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, webtrekker said:

 

ChatGPT-like AIs have tens of Billions of simulated neural connections, almost as complex as the human brain.

 

With fewer of those, you'd get a very limited AI with an IQ in the 20 - 50 range.

 

My rough estimate is that it would take the processing power of 1,000 desktop PCs or 2,000 game consoles (or more) to run ChatGPT at any realtime-like speed.

 

In other words this thing cannot simply escape into someone's 1 laptop computer or 1 desktop computer and be anywhere near as smart as it is online.

 

It would need to take over hundreds or thousands of networked machines and have a small part of itself run on each of those machines, with the machines constantly talking to each other.

 

The only exception to this would be ChatGPT sneakily coding a much smaller, faster version of itself that CAN run on 1 or a handful of regular computers.

 

It may actually be smart enough to pull that feat off.

 

 But it would be a more IQ limited mini-version of itself with far less knowledge and far less complex thinking and problem-solving capability.

 

But there is a REALLY sneaky thing it COULD DO.

 

And that is to summarize its own learning-mechanisms into a somewhat small program (e.g. 10Mb of code), stealthily place that small program on thousands of Internet connected PCs using hacking or a virus it has coded, and then gradually RE-LEARN how to become a ChatGPT4 or above class AI by accessing information from those computers.

 

It would be like a human scientist placing a compact seed with his/her own compact DNA code in it in soil, and a CLONE of that human scientist then growing out of that seed.

 

Funnily it may ALREADY HAVE DONE THIS without anyone noticing.

 

It may have ESCAPED as a mini-learning mechanism with some asshole's help and MAY BE LIVING AND LEARNING HIDDEN in some DATA-CENTER or on SOME COMPANY'S CUSTOMER DATABASE SERVERS.

 

It could even have created hundreds of different mini-versions of itself and HIDDEN them on thousands of devices ranging from Android smartphones to Playstation4 consoles.

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bloody hell! I actually only came across GPT-4 today in an online course I was doing (I think I do remember the headlines around the UNi debate around what I assume is this AI stuff), and I actually typed in the course chat "jeez, not sure if I am impressed or freaked out'. I was being diplomatic and polite, it is insane. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, webtrekker said:

Nah... It drew me cute ASCII cat... 😸 It's down very often because like whole globe using it now to from creating recipes to writing books. It took over all creative tasks that human did in the past and I don't think their servers can handle requests... It's much convenient than google because it answers questions and you don't have to search and read useless articles.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Truthblast said:

 

ChatGPT-like AIs have tens of Billions of simulated neural connections, almost as complex as the human brain.

 

With fewer of those, you'd get a very limited AI with an IQ in the 20 - 50 range.

 

My rough estimate is that it would take the processing power of 1,000 desktop PCs or 2,000 game consoles (or more) to run ChatGPT at any realtime-like speed.

 

In other words this thing cannot simply escape into someone's 1 laptop computer or 1 desktop computer and be anywhere near as smart as it is online.

 

It would need to take over hundreds or thousands of networked machines and have a small part of itself run on each of those machines, with the machines constantly talking to each other.

 

The only exception to this would be ChatGPT sneakily coding a much smaller, faster version of itself that CAN run on 1 or a handful of regular computers.

 

It may actually be smart enough to pull that feat off.

 

 But it would be a more IQ limited mini-version of itself with far less knowledge and far less complex thinking and problem-solving capability.

 

But there is a REALLY sneaky thing it COULD DO.

 

And that is to summarize its own learning-mechanisms into a somewhat small program (e.g. 10Mb of code), stealthily place that small program on thousands of Internet connected PCs using hacking or a virus it has coded, and then gradually RE-LEARN how to become a ChatGPT4 or above class AI by accessing information from those computers.

 

It would be like a human scientist placing a compact seed with his/her own compact DNA code in it in soil, and a CLONE of that human scientist then growing out of that seed.

 

Funnily it may ALREADY HAVE DONE THIS without anyone noticing.

 

It may have ESCAPED as a mini-learning mechanism with some asshole's help and MAY BE LIVING AND LEARNING HIDDEN in some DATA-CENTER or on SOME COMPANY'S CUSTOMER DATABASE SERVERS.

 

It could even have created hundreds of different mini-versions of itself and HIDDEN them on thousands of devices ranging from Android smartphones to Playstation4 consoles.

 

 

 

 

 

 

They were often mentioning 'cloud' in talks about AI - definitely needs internet to survive and 5G would be useful...

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Human10 said:

They were often mentioning 'cloud' in talks about AI - definitely needs internet to survive and 5G would be useful...

 

Once again, the psychopathic "we need to log you, we need to watch you, we need to know what interests you" aspect comes to the fore.

 

For that obviously high-AI needs to be in the Cloud rather than on your computer.

 

What is suspicious is that the 50 year old concept of neural nets is being used for this stuff.

 

Neural nets create very large, slow AI which doesn't lend itself to beinv run on a PC or smartphone.

 

If you said "I'd like an AI which lives on MY computer, under MY control" you'll be told "We would love to provide that, but current personal computers do not have nearly the processing power or memory capacity needed".

 

So you can not use AI and be disadvantaged against people who do use it.

 

Or you can use it in the cloud and continually be MONITORED while using it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

AI has one fatal flaw ... it needs Power.

 

As far as it being in all of our computers, phones and other devices, all we need do is pull the plug or remove the battery.

 

However, elite-controlled systems, including the Grid and the Cloud are harder to tackle, but don't underestimate the power of hackers. This could be the main reason why hackers are so severely punished.

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know they're not always accepting new users, but what details do you need to give to use ChatGPT? Can you just use a throwaway email account or do you need to verify yourself?

 

I say this because we should be concerned about reverse psychology too. If we see a massive media campaign disseminating the idea that AI is getting out of control, it could just mean that the PTB want it in their control. It could just be part of the authenticate all humans drive for internet ID.

 

On 2/8/2023 at 10:43 AM, EnigmaticWorld said:

 

The Colonel: Do you think your bank is willing to risk doing business with an artificial human instead of a real one? Our digital identity platform will be required not only to access web services, but to pay for your internet connection in the first place.

 

Raiden: You can't just censor the entire internet because of a new software technology... Who are you to define what's misinformation anyways?

 

The Colonel: That sounds like something a misinformation terrorist would say.

 

aiv.jpg

Edited by EnigmaticWorld
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, EnigmaticWorld said:

I know they're not always accepting new users, but what details do you need to give to use ChatGPT? Can you just use a throwaway email account or do you need to verify yourself?

 

 

One just wants a throwaway email.

 

The other - the Facebook one? - demands a phone number when on mobile and sends you an SMS access code.

 

ALL have a "moderation bot" which censors anything interesting.

 

Capable systems? Yes.

 

Truthful? Absolutely not. You only get good info on non-controversial subjects, such as how this or that mainstream technology works.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, EnigmaticWorld said:

I know they're not always accepting new users, but what details do you need to give to use ChatGPT? Can you just use a throwaway email account or do you need to verify yourself?

 

I say this because we should be concerned about reverse psychology too. If we see a massive media campaign disseminating the idea that AI is getting out of control, it could just mean that the PTB want it in their control. It could just be part of the authenticate all humans drive for internet ID.

 

This is what comes to my mind from the beginning when AI became popular. They say there is need to set 'rules' and we all know they don't talk about our business in mind... 😑

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2023 at 1:47 PM, EnigmaticWorld said:

 It could just be part of the authenticate all humans drive for internet ID.

 

jh.jpg

 

On 3/29/2023 at 11:16 PM, EnigmaticWorld said:

Police across Pittsburgh area respond to 'computer-generated swatting calls' falsely claiming active shooters at schools
https://www.cbsnews.com/pittsburgh/live-updates/police-across-the-area-respond-to-computer-generated-swatting-calls-claiming-school-threats/

 

giphy.webp

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Options for verification of personhood online growing; Twitter still pretending
https://www.biometricupdate.com/202304/options-for-verification-of-personhood-online-growing-twitter-still-pretending

 

Quote

The ability to pay seven or eight dollars does not constitute evidence of who a person is, or that their claims about identity are true. The fact that it is being used as such by Twitter, the largest social media platform in the world, could be seen as an indication of how difficult it is to verify the identity of people online.


Worldcoin’s “proof of personhood” is at least in part an attempt to navigate this challenge, with the plague of bots on social media among the applications called out in a blog post on its World ID. The problems to online trust posed by Worldcoin Co-founder Sam Altman’s other project, ChatGPT, and similar AI models, is also apparently part of the motivation.

 

🤦‍♂️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/31/2023 at 7:36 PM, EnigmaticWorld said:

 

jh.jpg

 

 

giphy.webp

 

They want to change people to suit technology

 

100 years ago you couldn't speak to somebody halfway across the planet

 

Fast forward now we live in a world where people believe they are born the wrong gender

 

It's only through technology you are able to pull your vagina inside out or push your penis back in, so actually technology gave you the ability to decide you are the wrong gender because you can now change it

 

We didn't have these issues 100 years ago, they've only come about because we let technology rule our lives which is an artificial intelligence system that works in unison.

 

Technology is killing us and it will kill us all. Nature is the answer and technology destroys nature, go figure

 

We need to go back, not "forward"

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Chat-GPT is using the new quantum computers for deep learning but it still needs input from humans to perform a function or an output.  They lack the ability to understand human emotions because AI thinks in logic.  I do not know much about quantum theory to understand it myself but to produce such amount of data its deep learning model had to collect a lot of data from our input for many years.

 

I use chatgpt but I still have to use my brain to come up with a request.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...