Jump to content

Silicon Valley Bank.......and others


Mikhail Liebestein

Recommended Posts

The current reading is that following the run on SVB, the situation is contained and that the US banking regulators/Fed will intervene and probably find a buyer over the weekend (following a huge bung).

 

Markets were nervous as earlier last week Silvergate Capital got into difficulties.

 

 

Anyway, now there seem to be hints at Credit Suisse and even brokers like Charles Schwab saw there shares plunge...

 

https://finance.yahoo.com/m/5609516d-1fd9-3357-a3d5-cbba9334b4e6/why-charles-schwab-is-taking.html

 

.....kind of wish it was Klaus Schwab taking the plunge instead!!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, janey777 said:

I noticed this story just now, and hadn't seen it earlier today.

 

Big story, strange how it isn't top story in the main newspapers.

 

I think SVB is one of those high service banks for the wealthy elite, rather than the type where you can barely ever get through to the call centre.

 

I imagine they are trying to contain the fear and prevent more bank runs in that type of bank.  We can't possibly have Billionaires taking a financial haircut, and then having to queue up at HSBC or NatWest.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Mikhail Liebestein said:

 

I think SVB is one of those high service banks for the wealthy elite, rather than the type where you can barely ever get through to the call centre.

 

I imagine they are trying to contain the fear and prevent more bank runs in that type of bank.  We can't possibly have Billionaires taking a financial haircut, and then having to queue up at HSBC or NatWest.

 

 

This graph kinds of makes the point, mot of t he deposits are over the $250k insured by the FDIC.

 

image.png.04aa617f8b0a79c0e857c409b977e41d.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2nd biggest bank failure after Wells Fargo (1) got bailed out. I banked with Wells Fargo before their fail and they were extremely shady with fees and loans. Now SVB, the bank at the heart of Silicon Valley has failed. This seems monumental beyond my comprehension as many people have lost their hard earned money working as debt slaves.  More than 85% of Silicon Valley's Bank's Deposits Were Not Insured. Here's What That Means for Customers https://time.com/6262009/silicon-valley-bank-deposit-insurance/ Breaking! OPRAH STANDS TO LOSE $590 MILLION AFTER COLLAPSE OF SVB https://www.investmentwatchblog.com/oprah-stands-to-lose-590-million-after-collapse-of-svb/ "All her biggest accounts were with the bank." said a source familiar with her finances, "Like other tech savvy investors she banked with SVB and now it's all gone." https://twitter.com/TheInsiderPaper/status/1634538137861906434?cxt=HHwWhICz8dbxha8tAAAA Bank Failure With personal and corporate bankruptcy exploding during this time of seemingly endless disasters, it is no surprise that banks are struggling too. Signs of this are the negative interest rates charged by European banks and threats of limited withdrawals from savings and checking accounts.  https://www.tbsnews.net/world/6-major-countries-went-bankrupt-recent-times-453426 Nearly half of the countries of the European continent, 40% of the countries of Africa, and 30% of the countries of Asia declared bankruptcy during the previous two centuries.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wouldn't it be nice if only woke mega-rich celebrities lost their money in these banks, and ordinary people were spared, and we get helpful disinflation/deflation where ordinary people's money is worth something at the expense of celebrities who were never worth anything in the first place.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, janey777 said:

Wouldn't it be nice if only woke mega-rich celebrities lost their money in these banks, and ordinary people were spared, and we get helpful disinflation/deflation where ordinary people's money is worth something at the expense of celebrities who were never worth anything in the first place.

 

Bailing out British Royals too....may be someone needs to chuck some tea into a harbour in Boston.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, janey777 said:

Wouldn't it be nice if only woke mega-rich celebrities lost their money in these banks, and ordinary people were spared, and we get helpful disinflation/deflation where ordinary people's money is worth something at the expense of celebrities who were never worth anything in the first place.

 

Especially the cosmetically enhanced ones:

 

 

 

image.png

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What the Media Won't Tell You About the Silicon Valley Bank Collapse

https://www.bitchute.com/video/_jWHsPgGT_4/

 

It's interesting that the CEO of Silicone Valley Bank was also the director of The San Francisco Federal Reserve Bank ..... that is up until Friday. That seems like a conflict of interests.

CEO of failed Silicon Valley Bank no longer a director at San Francisco Fed

https://www.reuters.com/markets/us/ceo-failed-silicon-valley-bank-no-longer-director-sf-fed-2023-03-10/

 

Personally, I think they want us to make a run on the banks and crash the system. They have to tear down the Old to make room for the New (world order).

 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, JCP said:

What the Media Won't Tell You About the Silicon Valley Bank Collapse

https://www.bitchute.com/video/_jWHsPgGT_4/

 

It's interesting that the CEO of Silicone Valley Bank was also the director of The San Francisco Federal Reserve Bank ..... that is up until Friday. That seems like a conflict of interests.

CEO of failed Silicon Valley Bank no longer a director at San Francisco Fed

https://www.reuters.com/markets/us/ceo-failed-silicon-valley-bank-no-longer-director-sf-fed-2023-03-10/

 

Personally, I think they want us to make a run on the banks and crash the system. They have to tear down the Old to make room for the New (world order).

 

and the CFO (chief financial officer) of SVB, Joseph Gentile had been the CFO of Lehmans right before it crashed in 2008!

 

i mean would YOU employ THAT guy? But they did.....fannies

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, JCP said:

What the Media Won't Tell You About the Silicon Valley Bank Collapse

https://www.bitchute.com/video/_jWHsPgGT_4/

 

It's interesting that the CEO of Silicone Valley Bank was also the director of The San Francisco Federal Reserve Bank ..... that is up until Friday. That seems like a conflict of interests.

CEO of failed Silicon Valley Bank no longer a director at San Francisco Fed

https://www.reuters.com/markets/us/ceo-failed-silicon-valley-bank-no-longer-director-sf-fed-2023-03-10/

 

Personally, I think they want us to make a run on the banks and crash the system. They have to tear down the Old to make room for the New (world order).

 

 

 

 

I don't know about you, but I'm going to withdraw my £4.73 pronto!

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Israeli Firms Transferred $1 Billion Out of Silicon Valley Bank to Israel Before Seizure by Feds

Chris Menahan
InformationLiberation
Mar. 13, 2023

Israeli firms managed to transfer $1 billion out of Silicon Valley Bank to accounts in Israel just before the bank was seized by the feds, the Times of Israel reports.

From The Times of Israel (via If Americans Knew:):

Israel's two largest banks, Bank Leumi and Bank Hapoalim, set up a situation room that has been operating around the clock to help firms transfer their money from SVB — before it was seized — to accounts in Israel. Over the past few days, teams at LeumiTech, the high-tech banking arm of Bank Leumi, have been able to help their Israeli clients transfer about $1 billion to Israel, the bank said.

If Americans Knew has more:

Israel's Ha'aretz newspaper reports that "a good many Israeli companies had been able to get their money out in time, but that it was clearly not the case for everyone" and that "companies whose deposits are now locked will seek to conceal this, concerned that any rumors might drive away customers, suppliers and employees."

The FDIC has announced an emergency bailout program that will pay depositors 100% of the money they had in the bank. It's unclear whether this U.S. money will go to Israeli companies. Israel already receives over $10 million per day from American taxpayers.

The Washington Post reports: "While the fund going to the depositors is paid into by U.S. banks, it is ultimately backstopped by the Treasury Department — and therefore U.S. taxpayers."

How nice of Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen to look the other way while these funds were transferred out.

https://www.informationliberation.com/?id=63639

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Macnamara said:

Israeli Firms Transferred $1 Billion Out of Silicon Valley Bank to Israel Before Seizure by Feds

Chris Menahan
InformationLiberation
Mar. 13, 2023

Israeli firms managed to transfer $1 billion out of Silicon Valley Bank to accounts in Israel just before the bank was seized by the feds, the Times of Israel reports.

From The Times of Israel (via If Americans Knew:):

Israel's two largest banks, Bank Leumi and Bank Hapoalim, set up a situation room that has been operating around the clock to help firms transfer their money from SVB — before it was seized — to accounts in Israel. Over the past few days, teams at LeumiTech, the high-tech banking arm of Bank Leumi, have been able to help their Israeli clients transfer about $1 billion to Israel, the bank said.

If Americans Knew has more:

Israel's Ha'aretz newspaper reports that "a good many Israeli companies had been able to get their money out in time, but that it was clearly not the case for everyone" and that "companies whose deposits are now locked will seek to conceal this, concerned that any rumors might drive away customers, suppliers and employees."

The FDIC has announced an emergency bailout program that will pay depositors 100% of the money they had in the bank. It's unclear whether this U.S. money will go to Israeli companies. Israel already receives over $10 million per day from American taxpayers.

The Washington Post reports: "While the fund going to the depositors is paid into by U.S. banks, it is ultimately backstopped by the Treasury Department — and therefore U.S. taxpayers."

How nice of Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen to look the other way while these funds were transferred out.

https://www.informationliberation.com/?id=63639

Timing! Pure coincidence, of course.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...