Nicola Bulley

Observations

Mum-of-two Nicola Bulley died as a result of drowning and was alive when she fell into the water, an inquest has heard.

Home Office pathologist Alison Armour, who carried out the post-mortem examination, said the evidence of water in Ms Bulley's lungs and stomach led her to conclude the cause of death was drowning, and there was no other "third party" involved in her death.

The 45-year-old vanished after dropping her daughters, aged six and nine, at school, then taking her usual dog walk along the River Wyre in Lancashire on January 27. 

Her phone, still connected to a work Teams call, was found on a bench overlooking the water. Her body was found in the River Wyre around a mile from the bench, on February 19. 

Ms Bulley's partner, Paul Ansell, her sister Louise Cunningham and parents, Ernest and Dot Bulley, sat in the public gallery listening as Ms Armour gave evidence as the first witness during the two-day hearing at County Hall, Preston.

Summing up her findings, Ms Armour said: "I conclude the cause of death as drowning. The lungs themselves showed classical features we see in drownings. In my opinion Nicola Bulley was alive when she entered the water."

Maybe this was all the point.

I agree that it was all 'peculiar' when this happened and some things didn't make sense.

But maybe it was just an 'accident' after all, maybe she did just drown, I don't know for certain, but what I do know is that I lost interest in this a while back.

The media attention on this 'case', with the vaguaries and unanswered questions, just led to scores of Youtubers and TikTokers making countless hours of video 'speculating' on what actually happened, and some are still to this day.

And then thousands of others 'join in' by leaving comments on those videos, or on other forums such as this one.

Suddenly a 'simple' missing persons case has become a 'web of intrigue', when maybe it wasn't, and maybe it was all about deflecting and distracting people, as well as drawing out some utterly bizarre and weird 'theories' from people who just really like to see patterns that aren't there, but are really just 'coincidences'.

Some of the stuff posted in this thread have been really borderline 'tenuous' in my opinion, and some of these YouTubers/TikTokers are just dragging out this for attention and likes.

Maybe the 'inquest' will turn out to be a whitewash, and the 'truth' will never be uncovered or revealed, as perhaps there was more to this than met the eye.

Or maybe we've all been led on some merry dance, and we will soon find out the consequences of our actions, I don't know.

Nicola bulley deserves justice, this inquest shows us everything but tells us nothing, there is now way she entered the river alive be it suicidal or accidental, because if that was a categorical fact? she almost certainly would have been found straight away where we were told she entered at the bench, the whole case and ensuing inquest defies logic and rational thinking. The fact that Peter faulding was not asked to attend the inquest speaks volumes to me, we can't let this slip she was murdered and this inquest was always going to be a whitewash.

• Like 1

Lancashire police should be more picky when choosing cadavers in the future. This lot were bloody hopeless. 

Both banks and the water itself were searched numerous times by dogs that (if trained properly) can smell and alert to a dead body in 45 feet of water. Nicola lay in that largely shallow water for 23 days and not so much as a bark was heard.

You can see why Peter Faulding wasn't invited or asked to attend the inquest - he made (along with the useless dogs) the whole thing look like a conspiracy of sorts.

• Thanks 1

DI Sables, who briefed the press on camera today, looked extremely uncomfortable and weird, especially when she wasn't speaking. I don't attribute this to shyness or other similar phobias. The husband is the key to all this. He haa the composure of a psychopath in the Dan Walker interview. 

Nothing has changed. The inconsistencies, anomalies, holes in the story still exist, as does the very strange occult numbers and over-saturation of this whole story in the media. The ONLY thing that has changed is some Government 'authority' has ruled this an accident, that is the only thing that has changed, and just like it did with the Kiely Rodni case, it appears to have dampened the spirits of those who have been following this case and baying for justice, as per the whole point of the inquest, as it is with the big G 'enquiries', 'Royal Commissions' etc. 

Cadaver dogs, a dive team search on day 1 or 2 by the team that come out after suspected suicides, Peter Faulding's expert team, and nothing shows up, no sign of Nicola, until a 'Psychic' finds her in the water after a 'hunch'. Someone is a protected asset, no doubt about it, and with that level of protection, you have to wonder who that person is, and what 'they do' to be afforded such protection. More likely Nicola had stumbled on to knowledge and was silenced for it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Observations said:

GB News on the hour - ... "which they hope will put an end to speculation that has been so damaging to Nicola's family."

I would suggest that Nicola's death has been the most damaging to her family. And some wishy-washy whitewash "verdict" should have them majorly brassed off.

Should.

But let's focus on ppl talking on social media.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, wagdog19 said:

DI Sables, who briefed the press on camera today, looked extremely uncomfortable and weird, especially when she wasn't speaking. I don't attribute this to shyness or other similar phobias. The husband is the key to all this. He haa the composure of a psychopath in the Dan Walker interview. 

I looked up the definition/meanings/associations of the word sable.

Interesting, as ever.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wagdog19 said:

Darkness.

Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster. For when you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss gazes also in to you.

Nietzsche. (And Harry Bosch 😀).

Strange. I can’t stand jazz, can’t stand American cop programmes and can’t stand the way Americans think places like LA are beautiful. But I really like the Bosch books and programme

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BioticBot said:

Nothings changed. Inquest hasn't resolved anything imo. Only heightened the conspiracy vibe.

Something tells me that might have been the idea. It all stinks to high heaven.

And I'm not personally interested or invested in anything to do with the poor woman or this case.