Did anyone watch that new series on the tv called 'Everyone else burns' on channel 4 Uk

Captainlove

What a strange series this was. I thought it was a comedy but i think its more a satire of the jehovah witness. Its started with a picture on the wall of an all seeing eye, then went on about the end of the world and how only this family would be saved due to there praying etc. They gave a date of 2025 as the end of the world. I know its only a tv series but it was kind of strange not even funny to be honest. Did anyone else watch it? If so what did you think.

Edited by Captainlove

🤔

Scientists have now crossed a few Jehovah's Witnesses with a few  Millwall fans, and now they knock your door, and TELL YOU to fuck off!😲

I knew a Jehovah's witness from my old school, she was born without a uterus, but it didn't effect her, she just couldn't give a fuck!🤭

Edited by Mr Crabtree
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Captainlove said:

What a strange series this was. I thought it was a comedy but i think its more a satire of the jehovah witness. Its started with a picture on the wall of an all seeing eye, then went on about the end of the world and how only this family would be saved due to there praying etc. They gave a date of 2025 as the end of the world. I know its only a tv series but it was kind of strange not even funny to be honest. Did anyone else watch it? If so what did you think.

Don’t watch TV but the guys who make it/ star in it are Jewish. I thought some on here would be up in arms about it- a Jewish man parodying far right Christian ideology! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LastOneLeftInTheCounty said:

... far right Christian ideology! 

Huh? How's that work?

When:

"Jehovah's Witnesses believe their allegiance belongs to God's Kingdom,[1] which they view as an actual government. They refrain from saluting the flag of any country or singing nationalistic songs,[2] which they believe are forms of worship, although they may stand out of respect. They refuse to participate in military service—even when it is compulsory—and do not become involved in politics.[3]

They believe Jesus' refusal to rule the kingdoms of the world as offered by the Devil, his refusal to be made king of Israel by the Jews, and his statements that he, his followers, and his kingdom are not part of the world, provide the basis for not being involved in politics or government.[4][5][6] Witnesses are taught that they should obey laws of the governments where they live unless such laws conflict with their beliefs, such as operating covertly in countries where their activities are banned.[7][8]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jehovah's_Witnesses_and_governments

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is why they are under attack. Who do they threaten?

..."far right" is a real popular catch phrase(label, box, sweeping generalization) that raises a red-flag to me .

Edited by novymir
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, novymir said:

Huh? How's that work?

When:

"Jehovah's Witnesses believe their allegiance belongs to God's Kingdom,[1] which they view as an actual government. They refrain from saluting the flag of any country or singing nationalistic songs,[2] which they believe are forms of worship, although they may stand out of respect. They refuse to participate in military service—even when it is compulsory—and do not become involved in politics.[3]

They believe Jesus' refusal to rule the kingdoms of the world as offered by the Devil, his refusal to be made king of Israel by the Jews, and his statements that he, his followers, and his kingdom are not part of the world, provide the basis for not being involved in politics or government.[4][5][6] Witnesses are taught that they should obey laws of the governments where they live unless such laws conflict with their beliefs, such as operating covertly in countries where their activities are banned.[7][8]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jehovah's_Witnesses_and_governments

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is why they are under attack. Who do they threaten?

..."far right" is a real popular catch phrase(label, box, sweeping generalization) that raises a red-flag to me .

Didn’t know it was about jo hos, you obviously know more about religion than me, carry on I’m listening….