Top 10+ Reasons Why the devil is not God. (Lucifer is not Jesus) (countdown)

The OC

15 hours ago, alexa said:

It's the nearest you'll get.

What about the New Net Version?

Scrap that - your statement is blatantly untrue as I have shown before and will now show again.

Here's a screen shot from the New Net Bible -

Mathew.jpg

Notice it says  the reference to Hades is a METONYMY!

Whats a Metonymy - it is a substitution.

So it says right there that the original word has been substituted for something else and the substitution changes the meaning of the verse entirely.

To say any of the English versions are accurate - even the KJV, is blatantly untrue as we can now see for ourselves with the modern scholarly work in either - the New Net Bible or the Anchor Bible Series.

Edited by pi3141

From Wiki - 

Hell in Christianity

Different Hebrew and Greek words are translated as "Hell" in most English-language Bibles. These words include:

"Sheol" in the Hebrew Bible, and "Hades" in the New Testament. Many modern versions, such as the New International Version, translate Sheol as "grave" and simply transliterate "Hades". It is generally agreed that both sheol and hades do not typically refer to the place of eternal punishment, but to the grave, the temporary abode of the dead, the underworld.[3]

"Gehenna" in the New Testament, where it is described as a place where both soul and body could be destroyed (Matthew 10:28) in "unquenchable fire" (Mark 9:43). The word is translated as either "Hell" or "Hell fire" in many English versions.[4] Gehenna was a physical location outside the city walls where they burned rubbish and where lepers and outcasts were sent, hence the weeping and gnashing of teeth.

The Greek verb ταρταρῶ (tartarō, derived from Tartarus), which occurs once in the New Testament (in 2 Peter 2:4), is almost always translated by a phrase such as "thrown down to hell". A few translations render it as "Tartarus"; of this term, the Holman Christian Standard Bible states: "Tartarus is a Greek name for a subterranean place of divine punishment lower than Hades."[5]

Link - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell_in_Christianity

The word Hell appears over 30 times in the KJV Bible - in EVERY instance the original word and meaning has been changed for the word 'Hell'

This is scholarly accepted by anyone who studies it - to claim any 'old' English Bible, especially the KJV, is faithful to the original is easily provably false. 

• Like 1

And please recognize what is in front of you - 

Mathew 16

And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it. 

From Wiki - 

The Greek verb ταρταρῶ (tartarō, derived from Tartarus), which occurs once in the New Testament (in 2 Peter 2:4), is almost always translated by a phrase such as "thrown down to hell". 

So whats Hades and Tartarus?

Greek PAGAN beliefs - what is PAGAN mythology doing in the one God, unique and divinely inspired Christian Bible?

Its because the Christian Bible drew from Pagan sources.

They then used 'Metonymy', a posh word for 'substitution' or just plain 'changed it' to 'Hell' to make it seem like a Christian doctrine and hide the origins of the belief - that it was taken from earlier Pagan religions.

Simple as that.

Edited by pi3141

More from Wiki - 

Yahweh

Yahweh[a] was an ancient Levantine deity, and national god of the Israelite kingdoms of Israel and Judah.[3] Though no consensus exists regarding the deity's origins,[4] scholars generally contend that Yahweh emerged as a "divine warrior" associated first with Seir, Edom, Paran and Teman,[5] and later with Canaan. The origins of his worship reach at least to the early Iron Age, and likely to the Late Bronze Age, if not somewhat earlier.[6]

Link - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yahweh

Yahweh was a, child sacrificing, fire worshipping Canaanite God long before he was the God of the Christian Bible.

Its a fact.

The Christian Cross - the iconic symbol of Christianity - 

From - 

Christian Churches of God

The Cross: Its Origin and Significance

(Edition 3.0 19940625-19991203)

This paper deals with the origin of the cross in history and examines the significance of the cross in pre-Christian worship. The use of the cross symbol by the Church is examined, as is the development of the form in religious symbolism. The relationship of the cross to the Second Commandment is also examined.

The cross has become associated with Christianity. It was not, however, an early Christian symbol and, indeed, the Sabbath-keeping Churches have traditionally been iconoclastic and have abhorred the use of the cross symbol as pagan. Indeed, some of the Sabbath-keeping Christians have been martyred for their opposition to the use of crosses in Christian symbolism. The Vandals were iconoclastic Subordinationists who destroyed the idols revered in Greece and Rome.

Link - http://ccg.org/weblibs/study-papers/p039.html

• 3 weeks later...

Why can't these "Gods" jut fuck off already? I mean they really are pathetic if they demand worship from us "Earthly creatures". I don't know about anyone else on here, but when people say "life is a beautiful gift" I say "If this is a gift from God, I'd hate to see what he gives his enemies".

I've really come to believe there is no "Good God" on the side of humanity. Only a bunch of deities demanding worship.

52 minutes ago, Jason57 said:

Why can't these "Gods" jut fuck off already? I mean they really are pathetic if they demand worship from us "Earthly creatures". I don't know about anyone else on here, but when people say "life is a beautiful gift" I say "If this is a gift from God, I'd hate to see what he gives his enemies".

I've really come to believe there is no "Good God" on the side of humanity. Only a bunch of deities demanding worship.

I feel the same about the compulsive lying deceivers that live along side us and all they do is keep us blind to the real truth that they do not want us to know because it will free us all except them, its an abusive relationship based on the neediness of the abuser desperate to be worshiped by the 99%, you will find these types everywhere on TerrorVision and in particular government who will obsessively lie non stop, say it's all your fault and somehow we owe them money in the process, fukin stinks if you ask me, :classic_blink:

• Like 1