World Cup ramblings.

numnuts

I actually wanted Iran to win today, so as peeve off all of the fake England supporters, such as Piers Morgan. Oh well... 😒 

P.S. I don't think anyone on the planet thought that the Iranian keeper looked good to go, after that clash of heads. Unreal. 😀

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Anti Facts Sir said:

Football is shit now...

Like most things. I have never felt so underwhelmed about a World Cup before and Qatar never should have got it. I didn't even plan on watching England play yesterday and I just happened to catch bits of the match. What really does my nut is the way the PTB took out Blatter et al, citing corruption and greed, then quickly went about expanding the World Cup to 48 teams from 2026 onwards. I haven't yet met a person who thinks it was a good idea.

For all FIFA's shortcomings, I think that the way they expanded the World Cup from 16 teams to 24 teams (1982), then 24 teams to 32 teams (1998), was about right in terms of timing. More countries in the world and more countries being competitive etc.. I also think that 32 teams is about right, in terms of a maximum, as a sensible format for such a competition. Give it a few more years, say 2034, and I reckon that they will have upped it again to 64 teams. As I have already lost interest, then I won't be bothered.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_FIFA_World_Cup#Evolution_of_the_format       

Edited by numnuts
  • Like 2

On 11/22/2022 at 4:46 PM, Anti Facts Sir said:

BTW, are there any female footballers who aren't lesbians?

I know one who's always willing to play about with a couple of balls in the middle of a field, name and address coming up =

MISS LUCY LIKES,

THE COCKWELL INN,

TILLET,

HERTS.

20% discount on a Thursday afternoon between 13.00hrs and 18.00hrs + a free bacon OR sausage sarnie and a mug of tea for pensioners over 70 and their parents or carers!👍

A Scotsman and his son walked into  pub and saw the sign 'A pie, a pint, a whisky chaser, and a woman £5.00'! The son said 'wow, that's a good deal dad, d'yer fancy it'?🤔 The dad said 'hang on a minute there son, don't be so hasty lad, what sort of pies are they'?🙄

The son was wearing a kilt and the barmaid said 'What do Scotsmen really wear under their kits'? He replied 'Och Lassie, it's an old tradition that we aren't allowed to tell anyone, but, there's no rules saying ye canna put your hond up ma kilt and feel for yoursel, yer ken'! She giggled and quickly thrust her hand straight up his kilt, and pulled it back again just as quickly'😲 'Ugh, that's gruesome' she cried going bright red in the face!😳 'Aye, well, shove yer hond back up Lassie, it's just grew some more' replied the son with a twinkle in his eye!🤭

Edited by Mr Crabtree

When I was younger I always thought that the only way England would ever get to Europe would be if there was ever another war, and I always thought that they had to flood the pitch to bring the sub on!😟 I remember them buying in a young player called Onions to go with the rest of the tripe they had in the team.

India fielded a good team at one stage, except for one slight bugbear, every time they got a corner, someone opened a shop on it!🛒

Edited by Mr Crabtree

I'm so sick of politics and social issues being injected into sports...every sport.  And it's worldwide.  

I feel all this is distracting us from the the fact that in 1966, Al Bundy scored four touchdowns in a single game while playing for the Polk High School Panthers in the 1966 city championship game versus Andrew Johnson High School, including the game-winning touchdown in the final seconds against his old nemesis, Bubba "Spare Tire" Dixon.

7 hours ago, Anti Facts Sir said:

FIFA wet dream.

If only Israel had qualified...

3 hours ago, The All Eye said:

I'm so sick of politics and social issues being injected into sports...every sport.  And it's worldwide.  

I feel all this is distracting us from the the fact that in 1966, Al Bundy scored four touchdowns in a single game while playing for the Polk High School Panthers in the 1966 city championship game versus Andrew Johnson High School, including the game-winning touchdown in the final seconds against his old nemesis, Bubba "Spare Tire" Dixon.

They thought it was all over.

Edited by numnuts
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Watched most of the match this evening. Glad I stopped caring if the England football team won or lost years ago. Otherwise, I would have been livid, as I think that the referee was 'probably' bent. I am going to back Scotland for glory in 2034 now. 

Edited by numnuts

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2022 at 12:23 AM, Anti Facts Sir said:

Remember the Qataris have a major stake in France's most powerful club, PSG.

Plus, the Qataris can't have been too pleased with our masonic mass media going over there and trying to lord it. Acting all high and mighty. When it comes to hypocrisy, I think that the U.K. can even outdo the Israelis. I hate rigged sport and PED use in sport etc., but,  in this instance, I don't think I could blame the Qataris for wanting to stick it up us. Assuming that they did cheat. I didn't watch much of France's next match, but it looks like the Moroccans were also unhappy with their referee.

P.S. Watching Macron wandering around the pitch while glory hunting, after the final, was hilarious.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/africa/63991509

'World Cup 2022: Morocco protest about semi-final referee.' 

• Like 1