Lucy Letby - Nurse on trial for murdering babies.

numnuts

3 hours ago, Nemuri Kyoshiro said:

Ask any doctor or nurse, who has served in their position for any length of time, about the power management has, and they will regale you for hours about the abuse of that power. They'll also tell you about the immunity they enjoy whilst the doctors and nurses are left swinging in the wind. You'll recall that during the scamdemic, it was the medical staff, not the managers who were making fools of themselves on Tik-Tok. Be that as it may, managers, and not just in the medical establishment, are masters of teh cover-up. I don't claim to know that much about this case but it does seem that the CPS has gone for the low-hanging fruit. 

No confession? That's a big problem for me. Many questions answered with "I don't recall" is not a sign of guilt when you consider she was working in a pressure cooker handling life and death decisions. The memory clouds. Have the police interview tapes been released yet or are they keeping those under wraps?

I see what you are saying. For me there was an alternative explanation for all the things she did and all the awful outcomes for the babies. The flaws or weirdness in anything she did made her a murderer? When you think of some of the things "respectable" people get up to it is mind boggling so for me none of the character assassinations made her guilty of murder, even the lying and the "I can't answer that" didn't do it for me. It made me think she had possibly taken the stand innocent and thought "what can go wrong?". She appears to have a cleaner life than some people I have met in my time!

I can't help but think of the covert bullying, jealousy, ganging up and how most people will side with the one's with more power. Not one person stuck up for her and that's because they scurried under the mat, in my opinion. I've witnessed people being pretty brutal at work with conscientious workers and I've also see people in very highly trained positions who were mature, intelligent and respected for integrity behave like savage baboons with no mercy. 

I think the masses love a good stoning! 

• Like 3

This is a really unsafe conviction, there is only weak circumstantial evidence that she had anything to do with the deaths. Like Lucia de Berk who was wrongly convicted in similar circumstances, this is looking like another infamous miscarriage of justice. I wish Lucy Letby and her family well and I hope they can find the strength to get through this. I see today all the 'mob' care about is dragging her into court to endure the charade of listening to how supposedly 'evil' she is. Well maybe they should consider she is actually innocent. The British legal system is not infallible as we've unfortunately seen many times. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Useyournous said:

I see what you are saying. For me there was an alternative explanation for all the things she did and all the awful outcomes for the babies. The flaws or weirdness in anything she did made her a murderer? When you think of some of the things "respectable" people get up to it is mind boggling so for me none of the character assassinations made her guilty of murder, even the lying and the "I can't answer that" didn't do it for me. It made me think she had possibly taken the stand innocent and thought "what can go wrong?". She appears to have a cleaner life than some people I have met in my time!

I can't help but think of the covert bullying, jealousy, ganging up and how most people will side with the one's with more power. Not one person stuck up for her and that's because they scurried under the mat, in my opinion. I've witnessed people being pretty brutal at work with conscientious workers and I've also see people in very highly trained positions who were mature, intelligent and respected for integrity behave like savage baboons with no mercy. 

I think the masses love a good stoning! 

Isn't it always the way though with the sheep. Jump on bandwagons and allow themselves to get ruled up. Don't get me wrong dead babies are involved but people like us don't allow ourselves to be sucked into the emotion, take a step back and observe it. 

As I said earlier this morning the media were saying that killers should face their victims. You don't need a degree in psychology to realize that genuine psychopathic killers-a minority I may add are such perverts they would literally revel in families sobbing and abusing them. The truth is most murders are crimes of passion so the whole meeting the victims could work, but certainly not for cases like this. But Joe normie won't see that, he will Parrott whatever the media have told him to Parrott, and feel whatever he has been programmed to feel. 

This lass looks a bit creepy, but I suspect there is more to this as others have suggested. Something doesn't add up. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

It goes without saying that it is the most heart wrenching thing for a tiny baby to suffer or come to harm and my heart goes out to the parents but I remember my fragility after having my children and I was pretty nuts at times. It's like I needed a reboot to live this new life. With that in mind I'm unsure of the testimony of the mother who said she heard her baby screaming a scream that she had never heard before or wants to hear again. Together with her fragility and being told her baby had possibly been killed! Her mind would have gone wild!

It was always a thing with sick children, for example signs of meningitis, that it was a weak whimper that a poorly child/baby would do and not a scream because a screaming baby is a healthy baby. The same with injured adults, it's the quiet ones that you worry about.

These babies would also likely have had sticky lungs if the were born pre-term. I'm sure it got planted in the poor mother's brain and grew roots! A nurse friend said that pre-term babies don't cry much - I don't know.

Also the testimony from the Dr who was at the nurses station and he got a feeling when he saw LL hovering over a cot but did nothing only gossip and sh*t stir to certain colleagues! Hovering?! Was she levitating like the exorcist? Would a nurse not ever be looking over a cot? I don't know how that ever got listened to in a factual court. Could it be a witch hunt because they were generally pretty sh*t on that ward - does happen, Mixed in with projection, jealousy, hysteria, back stabbing and gossip? The investigation and trial haven't got to the bottom of it at all. It makes my stomach churn to think of all the parents in this, including hers in this hurricane of slurry. Those vaccines have turned sheep into monsters.

I have to point to my initial post in this thread where my instant reaction was thinking she had killed them but then I followed the trial as much as you can without being there and the doubts started. As Thelma pointed out, the media are there to whip up the sheep.

She could well be guilty but there are doubts and thank goodness for fair and level heads on here who will discuss it without fake moral outrage.

Edited by Useyournous
Bad writing skills
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Anti Facts Sir said:

The more the MSM whip up the outrage, the less I am convinced.

yeah there are a lot of questions to be asked about the conduct of the doctors involved

also that post it note allegedly from letby's house saying 'i'm evil, i did this' sounds like the kind of crude ploy that someone might plant to try and frame someone

of course i'd prefer to believe that it was letby and that all those deaths were down to a lone nut as that would mean that specific problem has been solved but i suspect that the problem is much deeper than that right across the NHS and that is the point of a scapegoat isn't it: to convince everyone that a problem has been solved so that they all stop paying attention and forget everything about the issue.

I don't think that maternity ward is the only one with issues. If letby is being stitched up then of course that would mean that a far darker thing is occuring than a lone nut getting away with murder for a longtime. It would mean that there is a whole group of murderers who are all being protected by the system is operating within the NHS and that it is still out there and undetected

Edited by Macnamara
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

As i have said on here before,i worked for the NHS for 11 years and can personally say bullying and back stabbing is the spine of NHS and the managers are just power hungry assholes. Some of the doctors and nurses were great, but some i met were cold and uncaring. Its a sad situation as unless you have worked in the system you wouldnt see it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Copied and pasted from Chester Standard Newspaper site. Am I allowed to do this? Please remove if not.

The 22 charges and the jury's decision:

• Count 1 - murder of Child A, a baby boy, on June 8, 2015: GUILTY 10-1 MAJORITY
  • Count 2 - attempted murder of Child B (twin of Child A), a baby girl, between June 8-11, 2015: GUILTY 10-1 MAJORITY
  • Count 3 - murder of Child C, a baby boy, on June 14, 2015: GUILTY 10-1 MAJORITY
  • Count 4 - murder of Child D, a baby girl, on June 22, 2015: GUILTY 10-1 MAJORITY
  • Count 5 - murder of Child E, a baby boy, on August 4, 2015: GUILTY 10-1 MAJORITY
  • Count 6 - attempted murder of Child F (twin of Child E), a baby boy, on August 5, 2015: GUILTY UNANIMOUSLY
  • Count 7 - attempted murder of Child G, a baby girl, on September 7, 2015: GUILTY 10-1 MAJORITY
  • Count 8 - attempted murder of Child G on September 21, 2015 at about 10.15am: GUILTY 10-1 MAJORITY
  • Count 9 - attempted murder of Child G on September 21, 2015 at about 3.30pm: NOT GUILTY
  • Count 10 - attempted murder of Child H, a baby girl, on September 26, 2015: NOT GUILTY
  • Count 11 - attempted murder of Child H on September 27, 2015: NO VERDICT
  • Count 12 - murder of Child I, a baby girl, on October 23, 2015: GUILTY 10-1 MAJORITY
  • Count 13 - attempted murder of Child J, a baby girl, on November 27, 2015: NO VERDICT
  • Count 14 - attempted murder of Child K, a baby girl, on February 17, 2016: NO VERDICT
  • Count 15 - attempted murder of Child L, a baby boy, on April 9, 2016: GUILTY UNANIMOUSLY
  • Count 16 - attempted murder of Child M (twin of Child L), a baby boy, on April 9, 2016: GUILTY 10-1 MAJORITY
  • Count 17 - attempted murder of Child N, a baby boy, on June 3, 2016: GUILTY 10-1 MAJORITY
  • Count 18 - attempted murder of Child N on June 15, 2016, at about 7.15am-7.30am: NO VERDICT
  • Count 19 - attempted murder of Child N on June 15, 2016, at about 3pm: NO VERDICT
  • Count 20 - murder of Child O, a baby boy, on June 23, 2016: GUILTY UNANIMOUSLY
  • Count 21 - murder of Child P (triplet brother of Child O), a baby boy, on June 24, 2016: GUILTY 10-1 MAJORITY
  • Count 22 - attempted murder of Child Q, a baby boy, on June 25, 2016: NO VERDICT
  • Thanks 6

3 hours ago, Useyournous said:

Copied and pasted from Chester Standard Newspaper site. Am I allowed to do this? Please remove if not.

• Count 1 - murder of Child A, a baby boy, on June 8, 2015: GUILTY 10-1 MAJORITY
  • Count 2 - attempted murder of Child B (twin of Child A), a baby girl, between June 8-11, 2015: GUILTY 10-1 MAJORITY
  • Count 3 - murder of Child C, a baby boy, on June 14, 2015: GUILTY 10-1 MAJORITY
  • Count 4 - murder of Child D, a baby girl, on June 22, 2015: GUILTY 10-1 MAJORITY
  • Count 5 - murder of Child E, a baby boy, on August 4, 2015: GUILTY 10-1 MAJORITY
  • Count 6 - attempted murder of Child F (twin of Child E), a baby boy, on August 5, 2015: GUILTY UNANIMOUSLY
  • Count 7 - attempted murder of Child G, a baby girl, on September 7, 2015: GUILTY 10-1 MAJORITY
  • Count 8 - attempted murder of Child G on September 21, 2015 at about 10.15am: GUILTY 10-1 MAJORITY
  • Count 9 - attempted murder of Child G on September 21, 2015 at about 3.30pm: NOT GUILTY
  • Count 10 - attempted murder of Child H, a baby girl, on September 26, 2015: NOT GUILTY
  • Count 12 - murder of Child I, a baby girl, on October 23, 2015: GUILTY 10-1 MAJORITY
  • Count 13 - attempted murder of Child J, a baby girl, on November 27, 2015: NO VERDICT
  • Count 14 - attempted murder of Child K, a baby girl, on February 17, 2016: NO VERDICT
  • Count 15 - attempted murder of Child L, a baby boy, on April 9, 2016: GUILTY UNANIMOUSLY
  • Count 16 - attempted murder of Child M (twin of Child L), a baby boy, on April 9, 2016: GUILTY 10-1 MAJORITY
  • Count 17 - attempted murder of Child N, a baby boy, on June 3, 2016: GUILTY 10-1 MAJORITY
  • Count 18 - attempted murder of Child N on June 15, 2016, at about 7.15am-7.30am: NO VERDICT
  • Count 19 - attempted murder of Child N on June 15, 2016, at about 3pm: NO VERDICT
  • Count 20 - murder of Child O, a baby boy, on June 23, 2016: GUILTY UNANIMOUSLY
  • Count 21 - murder of Child P (triplet brother of Child O), a baby boy, on June 24, 2016: GUILTY 10-1 MAJORITY
  • Count 22 - attempted murder of Child Q, a baby boy, on June 25, 2016: NO VERDICT

Strange, all those Guilty 10-1 verdicts.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Useyournous said:

As the source is a news paper then its ok to post this report.

Historically it would only require one dissenting jury member to overturn a conviction and also the law under which it was made: 'JURY NULLIFICATION'

But the judge in this case said that they would allow a majority decision of the jury to carry so that dissenters could be over ruled:

Lucy Letby trial jury told it can reach majority verdict

Nurse charged with murdering seven babies and attempting to murder 10 others at Chester hospital

Josh Halliday North of England correspondent
Tue 8 Aug 2023 11.31 EDT

The jury in the trial of Lucy Letby has been told it can reach a majority verdict on charges that the nurse murdered and attempted to murder babies.

The panel of seven women and four men had been deliberating for 76 hours when the judge, Mr Justice Goss, told them on Tuesday they could now reach verdicts on which at least 10 of them agree

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/aug/08/lucy-letby-murder-trial-jury-told-reach-majority-verdict

11 hours ago, Captainlove said:

Could someone post what the evidence was and the actual charges as a summary. Thanks

I can't find any evidence except for her messages to colleagues saying how heartbreaking it was to lose a baby and how sorry she felt for the parents, although an inordinate amount of babies seem to have died while she was on shift. However, that is still circumstantial.

• Like 5

They've used all sorts of innuendo to convict her. For example they said she looked up some of the victims' families on social media afterwards and said this proves she was gloating at their suffering. How does that follow? She could just as easily have cared about them and wanted to see how they were doing. Same as her sending condolence cards to some of the families, which has also been held up as proof of her taunting them. It doesn't make sense to me. 

My understanding about the reason deaths went down soon after she left the department was because they made a policy change to no longer accommodate very sick babies who were instead sent somewhere else - and continued to die there at similar rates. The whole case against her is based on supposition and putting 2+2 together and making five. Mistaking correlation for causation. Coincidences given undue prominence. Cherry-picking statistics: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selection_bias

We know the state gets it terribly wrong sometimes. Look at the post office subpostmaster scandal, where it didn't dawn on anyone in the great minds of our police or prosecution service that a massive spike in this rare type of crime all of a sudden, among many different areas of the country, didn't seem odd to any of them. Or to any of the jurors who rubber stamped these miscarriages of justice. 

The average person isn't very bright, that's the unfortunate reality. And juries are made up of everyday people.

I see the gutter press like the Daily Mail has a slew of articles on the case lately. They will keep writing about this for years no doubt. And comments are still locked down so only 'approved' pre-moderated comments are allowed, even though the trial is over, so there is no longer any risk of prejudicing the outcome or contempt of court. 

This comment made me laugh, which has been upvoted 3-1. Apparently, according to this person, if anyone ever protests their innocence about something, it proves their guilt! The logic of a witch hunter. Most people are pretty stupid. Heaven help anyone if they find themselves on trial where the facts aren't ultra simple, your life will be in the hands of random people who will jump to whatever conclusions they feel like. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-12434663/Her-scribbled-notes-glimpse-Lucy-Letbys-twisted-mind-morbid-urge-feed-parents-pain-writes-forensic-psychiatrist-DR-SOHOM-DAS-says-extraordinary-case-hes-encountered.html

Untitled.jpg

• Like 4

The post it note is thought to be a confession and then again as Macnamara said it could have been planted. Or could it have been written when sh*tstorm began and they redeployed her (redeployed a potential baby murderer!!!) because if innocent she would have started thinking were the collapses something to do with her care? And then further along, dawning on her that they think she might have killed them and on purpose!

She didn't hide anything from Police! She had hundreds of handover sheets under her bed of those babies and all the others too. Yes, confidentiality breach through the roof but you are not telling me that other medics or people in other professions have not taken stuff home, both to write up and for nosey reasons. She was probably extremely disorganised at home if she was always at work. My son's house looks like a den of iniquity because he's a workaholic - toilet roll middles all in bathroom before he would be bothered to carry them to recycling bin. 

The Facebook searches again weren't only said parents, it was anyone. She could have been looking thinking ' if you are grieving, why do you want to post on Facebook?'

Many of the character judgements on her do not make her a serial killer. Again, just my doubts and I could be completely wrong.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

There is reasonable doubt. Perhaps neither guilty or innocent. Just incompetent.

She is in emotinal shock so anything she says or does can't be used as evidence.

Maybe she was autistic and socially awkward and clumsy and couldn't explain herself well enough.

On a separate separete issue - who remembers this story?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/parents-accuse-nhs-staff-laughing-29572904

Edited by 78ast78dgyad
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, dirtydog said:

This comment made me laugh, which has been upvoted 3-1. Apparently, according to this person, if anyone ever protests their innocence about something, it proves their guilt! The logic of a witch hunter. Most people are pretty stupid. Heaven help anyone if they find themselves on trial where the facts aren't ultra simple, your life will be in the hands of random people who will jump to whatever conclusions they feel like. 

It's absurd. Imagine having that fool as part of the jury pool? before the advent of social media, selecting an impartial jury had a element of risk, but these days, unless you exclude anyone who has ever had a social medial account, I don't think it's possible to empanel an impartial jury. Works both ways though. There's a major issue involving lawyers who investigate jurors by checking their social media status.

Edited by Nemuri Kyoshiro
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 78ast78dgyad said:

On a separate separete issue - who remembers this story?

or this story:

Ombudsman Finds 'Culture of Cover-Up' in NHS

Jane Kirby, Press Association | 29 June 2023

There is a "culture of cover-up" in the NHS and "ingrained defensiveness" when it comes to patients being harmed or suffering avoidable death, the health ombudsman said as he published a damning new report.

Rob Behrens, health service ombudsman for England, pointed to the "gaping hole" between policies aimed at improving patient safety and real-life experience on the ground, with hospitals "routinely" failing to accept their errors.

In a new study, his office pointed to continued failures to accept mistakes and the failure of some NHS trusts to take accountability for turning lessons into action. The report found the physical harm patients suffer following mistakes is often made worse by "inadequate, defensive and insensitive responses" from NHS trusts, with some delaying their replies for months and years.

He told a briefing: "There is a culture of cover-up – there is no point pretending that everybody is nice and does the right thing.

"Because on the basis of the evidence that I see, patients have been lied to, their care plans have been altered after they died, and there are a whole series of incidents where people do not know what went on and hospitals are reluctant to disclose this.

"You can call it what you like but it is a cover-up."

Ombudsman: Accountability 'Has to Be at All Levels'

He said such cover-ups of mistakes must be challenged and accountability “has to be at all levels”, adding "the minister has to be accountable and NHS England has to be accountable".

He went on: "I'm having conversations with NHS England where they say 'we don’t recognise the term avoidable harm, avoidable death, it’s not helpful'. Well excuse me, I think that is a nonsense and it has to be challenged."

Mr Behrens's team examined a snapshot of 22 cases of avoidable death and concluded there were four main direct causes of harm – failure of staff to make the right diagnosis, delays in giving treatment, poor communication and handover between NHS staff, and a failure to listen to the concerns of patients or their families.

The team found further harm is caused to patients and families when NHS trusts carry out poor quality investigations or no investigation at all, fail to learn, offer "inadequate" apologies, and take months and years to respond to complaints. For most of the deaths investigated by the ombudsman, the trust involved had not even conducted a serious incident investigation.

In one clear case of a cover-up, the report said the NHS trust "did not disclose" that different assessors had given contradictory opinions on whether a delay to an operation had resulted in avoidable harm, and then did not tell the family.

In another case, a baby boy died when antibiotics were not given quickly enough and "important details" about what had happened were not given to his parents by University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust for 7 weeks.

"Staff even discussed deleting a recording made during a meeting when the parents temporarily stepped out of the room, because they realised what they had said might get the trust into difficulty," the report said.

ADVERTISEMENT

At Least 11,000 Avoidable Deaths Every Year

NHS figures suggest there are an estimated 11,000 avoidable deaths every year due to patient safety failings – though this is widely regarded as an underestimate – while thousands more patients are seriously harmed.

Cases described within the report include that of Christopher Walmsley, 44, who attended Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust but staff failed to identify he had a pulmonary embolism (a clot in the lungs). Instead, he was diagnosed with pneumonia. The trust's own investigation did not find that failures in his care led to his death, however the ombudsman found his death could have been avoided.

His mother Patricia said: "He died in his bedroom and I had to hear it. My grandson was in the room next door with me and he heard it too."

In another case, a patient was not monitored enough and he was not diagnosed with sepsis. In another case, a patient in a mental health trust died there from suicide after staff failed to properly assess her risk. Further cases included a woman who died needlessly after staff did not administer urgent medication for 27 hours, despite having got her diagnosis right, and another who died of sepsis despite staff thinking it was "unlikely" they had it and not giving antibiotics.

The report also pointed out how some NHS trusts use the fact a patient has several health conditions to "minimise the impact of any failings or omissions".

One member of a patient’s family said the trust in their case finally accepted they had made a mistake "but they weren’t sorry they'd done it, they were sorry they’d been caught".

In a foreword to the report, Mr Behrens called for the Government to give leaders the tools to prioritise the safety of patients and to hold them accountable for doing so. He added: "We need to see significant improvements in culture and leadership.

"However, the NHS itself can only go so far in improving patient safety. One of the biggest threats to saving lives is a healthcare system at breaking point," he said. "The Government says patient safety is a priority but if it means this, the NHS must be given the workforce capacity it needs.

"We need to see concerted and sustained action from Government to support NHS leaders to prioritise the safety of patients. Patient safety must be at the very top of the agenda."

Edited July 9 by Macnamara
  • Like 2

These links may be of interest, from experts who have looked at the case in detail and believe Lucy Letby did not receive a fair trial. 

I’m not saying that I know that Lucy Letby is innocent. As a scientist, I am saying that this case is a major miscarriage of justice. Lucy did not have a fair trial. The similarities with the famous case of Lucia de Berk in the Netherlands are deeply disturbing.

https://gill1109.com/2023/05/24/the-lucy-letby-case/

https://rexvlucyletby2023.com/

https://www.chimpinvestor.com/post/the-travesty-of-the-lucy-letby-verdicts

Edited by dirtydog
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I thought this was an interesting watch too. Mark McDonald a criminal barista who raises some good questions and points about this case. I don't know what to make of it personally, but it is good that some well qualified people are questioning it, at least on the terms of conviction and lack of actual evidence, which is healthy in a 'normal society';

Edited by BornFreeNowAgain
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

I'm a nosey b*tch for looking on Faceache. I'm a voyeur really because I never post anything. 😂 I generally look at what people post and think 'I can't believe you are putting that into the public domain!' and I want to tell them not to. It astounds me what people post and then they moan that people are noseying at it. You may as well get undressed with light on and curtains open.

Edited by Useyournous
  • Like 2

• Anti Facts Sir changed the title to Lucy Letby - Nurse on trial for murdering babies.