Did you ever think you would live to see world war 3?

78ast78dgyad

I was too young in Y2K to contemplate such things. I did however go through much anxiety convinced at one stage or another over the last 15 years that the end was imminent. Let to some bad decisions and a YOLO attitude that I now suffer for. I tumbled down the rabbit hole of NWO/Illuminati conspiracies 2008 after the "credit crunch". By 2019 I had started to doubt and let my guard down. Then covid happened and just WOW that was it game over surely. But then it died a death and things are now normalish. Do I think i will experience WW3? I'm at the stage now where I don't give a fuck. I've made some basic preps for bad times nothing over the top but TBH if nuclear armageddon is incoming I think i would rather just be vaporized than live/survive in a post apocalyptic shitehole. But to answer the question nah I don't think I will see it. There are bad things coming but WW3 nah just my 2 cents.

• Like 1

Well it's been predicted/programmed in so many films and stories for sometime in the early 21st century...Terminator, for one....and the futureworld of Blade Runner was 2019.

TBH we were supposed to be flying around in space cars and having virtual sex with japanese lovelies by now, not another fucking series of Strictly and I'm in the Jungle...

Well at my lowest I imagined the flash drawing me outdoors to witness the cloud, then the deafening sound hit while the sight of the shockwave speeds toward me, combining everything into a thick fog. In the last few seconds I was smiling and thinking:

good.jpg

But no. And, maybe it's real in the next 24 lol

2 hours ago, Bombadil said:

In its own way I don't really think the Second world war ended or the First. Obviously, I don't mean on peace agreements.  it all seems to be a continuation of the same long-term goals. 

The Cold War was a continuation of WW2, therefore as far as I'm concerned that was (& still is) WW3. In fact 'Cold War' is a good name for the enduring state of suspicion, espionage and oneupmanship that always goes on with power brokers inbetween 'hot' wars so it's probably as old as the hills. What I want to know more about is who is secretly pulling the strings of both sides of conflicts at the higher level.   

But if we're talking about nuclear war then I guess yes during the 70s & 80s it did feel like a real possibility, that's why I went on some CND marches and the like. I had some eye-opening experiences then which were an education.   Maybe there was an element of a deliberately manufactured fear mongering among the public in those days to distract us from (or add to) our domestic woes. 

Edited by Campion
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Campion said:

But if we're talking about nuclear war then I guess yes during the 70s & 80s it did feel like a real possibility, that's why I went on some CND marches and the like. I had some eye-opening experiences then which were an education.   Maybe there was an element of a deliberately manufactured fear mongering among the public in those days to distract us from (or add to) our domestic woes. 

I think the key word there is "feel" - yes, when I was younger there was a 'feeling' that a future nuclear war was possible.

Now I'm older and a bit wiser, I can see now that us ordinary public have been subjected to 'fearmongering' for all of our lives.

The media recently have been ramping up the 'nuclear war' narrative in regards to Russia/Ukraine, but I don't believe it will come to that.

But people are being sucked in again into this fearmongering propaganda.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, 78ast78dgyad said:

If someone asked you in the year 2000, do you think you will experience WW3?

I did so much acid growing up. Mushrooms as well. I honestly happy to get as far as I have! 

As for WW3. The way world politics are ran it was always a good possibility.