Britain's Next Prime Minister - media show their hand too soon?

Grumpy Owl

I've known for sometime that 'democracy' in this country is 'fake', and we only have elections to give the people some 'pretence' that we live in a fair and democratic society.

As far as I am aware, Conservative party members are still sending in their ballot papers to vote on who of Liz Truss or Rishi Sunak should be the next party leader, who will of course then become the UK Prime Minister. The deadline for postal ballots to be received is September 2nd, with the votes being counted and results announced on Monday 5th September.

However I came across the following 'open letter' article on the Birmingham Mail website (I wouldn't be surprised if the same article appears on other local Reach Plc news websites) and I wonder if someone has played their hand far too soon, or maybe they're just giving the game away and hoping no-one notices?

I notice these things of course!

Dear Liz Truss... Your country needs you to act now on cost of living crisis

Birmingham Live calls on the new Prime Minister to act immediately to help families with rocketing energy bills

Foreign Secretary Liz Truss

Liz Truss is widely expected to be announced as our new Prime Minister next week. She will enter Number 10 at a time when millions of people are worried about how they will pay their bills and stay warm this winter, with inflation at its highest point for 40 years and energy costs to soar to more than £3,500 for a typical household from October - with warnings of worse to come in January.

The impact of the crisis is being felt keenly here in the West Midlands where child poverty levels are among the highest in the country. Here we set out our message to the incoming Prime Minister on behalf of the people of Birmingham and the Black Country about what must happen right away.

Dear Ms Truss,

Being Prime Minister is the highest office in our land - but there is something more important. It brings with it responsibility for more than 65 million people and right now a significant chunk of them are worried.

Inflation is at a 40-year high and energy bills are about to reach a point which is frankly unaffordable for many. They've not heard much from the Government over the past few months on an issue which could not be more vital to people's everyday lives - but they have heard and seen the alarming forecasts about how much their bills are going to cost them.

At this time of crisis - and let's not understate it, that's exactly what it is, affecting so many households - they want to hear from the person in charge. During the needlessly and unbearably drawn out Conservative leadership contest you appear to have been performing to the tiny Tory membership who have elected you and pandering to energy giants, rather than saying much of substance to the millions desperate for help.

They want to know whose side you are on and right now they might not be too sure, especially if they have been paying attention to the interminable hustings debates. "Profit is not a dirty word" may not be the response a mother struggling to feed her kids or a pensioner worried about freezing in her home would have wanted or expected to hear when you were asked about the billions raked in by energy companies while prices for ordinary families soar to unprecedented levels.

Read more at: https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/black-country/dear-liz-truss-your-country-24885723

Come on, why publish an open letter to Liz Truss when she hasn't even been announced as the next Prime Minister yet?

Notice the keywords "widely expected" at play here. On what evidence?  And you'll always notice how the media seem to report on things that are 'set to be announced' before they even happen.

So lets get this straight, Tory party members haven't even finished posting in their ballot papers, and no votes have been counted yet, but the media "widely expects" Liz Truss will be the Prime Minister next week, and are already sending their open letters demanding what she must do.

No, I'll put it another way, the "media" know who the next Prime Minister is, because its all a charade, and everything is pre-determined.

On this occasion, I think the media have played their hand far too soon, yet sadly not enough people will notice or realise this.

Of course, there is always the possibility that Sunak might actually win, and in that case then the media end up with egg on their face.

But I don't think that is likely. The media is more powerful than our own government.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

50 minutes ago, Observations said:

I keep thinking about the so called shock of brexit and trump and there was another one too, it would be quite fitting if we get to hear from now on about the shock of Sunak winning, just seems like the sort of theatrical theme they enjoy?

Rishi would be taken very seriously by the international community.

🤣

6 minutes ago, Anti Facts Sir said:

The Tories clearly want to make themselves the opposition. And whatever I feel about the Tories, I don't know if that's a good thing.

It's all such a time wasting / cyclical game isn't it. Do you mean make themselves unvotable sort-of-thing, to build up back to labour winning?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Observations said:

It's all such a time wasting / cyclical game isn't it. Do you mean make themselves unvotable sort-of-thing, to build up back to labour winning?

Yeah, it's 6 of one, half dozen of the other...no real difference..both sides are controlled...and if anything, Starmer is worse. Tricky really cos the sight of both him and Truss make me lose the will to live.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Anti Facts Sir said:

Yeah, it's 6 of one, half dozen of the other...no real difference..both sides are controlled...and if anything, Starmer is worse. Tricky really cos the sight of both him and Truss make me lose the will to live.

Nice. At least I got a laugh out of that. Which is more than we'll get out of those two. Yeah, I suppose that's the point of them seeing as the country is in deliberate decline.

Watching Johnson and Starmer throughout Lockdown, while knowing they're on the same team; acting out their script so poorly was just excruciating.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Grumpy Owl said:

Your Country needs you to act now

This is the second time recently I've read the word 'act', as if they are openly bragging that this is all make-believe 

child poverty levels are among the highest

Fake concern for children who were abused and tortured during lockdown, masked and separated from their grandparents and friends, deprived of exercise, routine and stimulation, locked in a prison of flicking blue screens. Depriving their families and communities of pride, independent thought, and the ability to make a living in the job and location of their choice, or to take care of their own businesses. Forcing them into untold debt. Forcing them to take tests without symptoms, to take more time off school, in isolation for fear that they would be responsible for infecting and killing their family, and anyone else who came within feet of them, and scared that they themselves were lucky if they didn't die. Teaching them that unquestionable fear, paranoia, and suspicion, is the only sensible and considerate choice. 

Being Prime Minister is the highest office in our land

Except it clearly isn't, is it? It's perhaps the 'highest' on our level of the game 

but there is something more important

Yes, your paymasters, the ones who own you, and believe they own us? 

you appear to have been performing

Appearing ... Performing ... The world's a stage

to the tiny Tory membership who have elected you

The part where they blatantly state that Liz Truss has been elected. Interesting. It would be dull if she wins? Surely they could get at least a day of headlines if it was a surprise win for Sunak? 😉 The greatest show on earth. OK, not the greatest, especially looking up from the cheap seats. 😆 

Edited by Observations

7 hours ago, Anti Facts Sir said:

Same. I have long suspected that freakish looking people are purposely groomed for positions of 'power' in order to wind us up further. They know that when we look at these monsters we get annoyed.

If you trod on a praying mantis and took a macro picture, you'd end up with Chris Whitty. That grotesque, demonic face staring at you every day for two years - just adds to the anger.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Saved said:

Same. I have long suspected that freakish looking people are purposely groomed for positions of 'power' in order to wind us up further. They know that when we look at these monsters we get annoyed.

If you trod on a praying mantis and took a macro picture, you'd end up with Chris Whitty. That grotesque, demonic face staring at you every day for two years - just adds to the anger.

Made me laugh, but he has dead eyes - the windows to his soullessness.

• Like 2

Interesting indications from wiliam hill, think they have kind-of figured it out as well:

Next Permanent Conservative Leader After BJ

Liz Truss odds are 1/20 and sunak is 10/1

Truss is the overwhelming favourite. How do they know this, what information have they taken into consideration?

PM after next general election, odds are:

Keir Starmer 8/11

Liz Truss  11/8

Rishi Sunak 12/1

Again Truss well ahead of sunak, and slightly ahead of Starmer.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jack121 said:

Interesting indications from wiliam hill, think they have kind-of figured it out as well:

Truss is the overwhelming favourite. How do they know this, what information have they taken into consideration?

Keir Starmer 8/11

Liz Truss  11/8

Rishi Sunak 12/1

The Auton Sir Keir is on Jeremy Vile channel 5 right now talking bollocks about what he will do to help with the energy crisis and cost of living.

Truss will win and lose the next election and the Auton Sir Keir will get into Number 10 , probably a hung parliament with the SNP . 🙄

1 hour ago, jack121 said:

Keir Starmer 8/11

Liz Truss  11/8

Rishi Sunak 12/1

I think you have that last bit wrong. If you divide out the odds the lowest number is the most favoured, so ...

Keir Starmer 8/11 = 0.727

Liz Truss  11/8 = 1.375

Rishi Sunak 12/1 = 12.000

This means that Starmer has the best odds of becoming the next PM after an election.

9 hours ago, jack121 said:

Like with opinion polls, I think bookies are part of the social engineering, "consensus building".

Maybe they know that Truss will become Prime Minister. Offering longer odds on Sunak might be a way to goad some people into placing 'cheeky bets' that the bookies can just pocket without paying out on.

On the other hand, perhaps it is not all that 'certain'. Someone could end up a big winner if they were to take a punt on Sunak.

It's horrible though, seeing all this melodrama unfold when in reality we can't trust any of these people as far as we could shot-put the bastards. And knowing that while they busy themselves lying and coniving for our downfall, destitution and death, they will all be jolly comfortable and living the high life. 

On 8/31/2022 at 9:41 AM, Greenhulk50 said:

Mr Whitty is one creepy man .

Screenshot_20220831-093455.png

Years of sucking satan's cock, chasing the dragon crack / cocaine whore, gorging on adrenochrome, killing babies, lying to the people, then the bbc awesomly announce to the world you have earned the right to be called : A super star !!

A symbol of hope to the people !!

A shining example !!

And all the rest of that shit for the stupid sheep to believe in. Please excuse me if i don't get up with them to applaud dr shitty, I'm too busy puking up my cornflakes

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jack121 said:

Years of sucking satan's cock, chasing the dragon crack / cocaine whore, gorging on adrenochrome, killing babies, lying to the people, then the bbc awesomly announce to the world you have earned the right to be called : A super star !!

A symbol of hope to the people !!

A shining example !!

And all the rest of that shit for the stupid sheep to believe in. Please excuse me if i don't get up with them to applaud dr shitty, I'm too busy puking up my cornflakes

I wonder if Professor Creepy Whitty will make a comeback with his magic graphs and charts for the winter season ? 

Kurt-Barlow-From-Salems-Lot.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Greenhulk50 said:

I wonder if Professor Creepy Whitty will make a comeback with his magic graphs and charts for the winter season ? 

Kurt-Barlow-From-Salems-Lot.jpeg

He will, "covid" will spread again, we'll have another lockdown, stay at home even though you can't afford to heat your home.  Stopping people from mixing will make it harder for the people to protest against rising inflation, win/win for them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/31/2022 at 12:32 AM, Anti Facts Sir said:

The Tories clearly want to make themselves the opposition. And whatever I feel about the Tories, I don't know if that's a good thing.

I definitely think this is what their game is, it's seems like an own-goal otherwise, people voted them in because of Boris and his promises over brexit, people don't like the ones they have put up.  They want to be in opposition when the economy really fucks up so they can then blame labour.

1 hour ago, Nefaria said:

I definitely think this is what their game is, it's seems like an own-goal otherwise, people voted them in because of Boris and his promises over brexit, people don't like the ones they have put up.  They want to be in opposition when the economy really fucks up so they can then blame labour.

But its all part of the pantomime - we here know that it doesn't matter which party is in 'power', nothing will change, the agenda will continue as planned, because it is not the government that controls the destiny of this country.

People will vote Labour at the next election because they think they will get change, but the only change will be the puppets presented to the media.

And yes, it ends up becoming a 'blame game' just like it has for decades.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nefaria said:

He will, "covid" will spread again, we'll have another lockdown, stay at home even though you can't afford to heat your home.  Stopping people from mixing will make it harder for the people to protest against rising inflation, win/win for them.

Yes Flu will be back in the Winter but like before they will say it's Covid and Liz Truss will be the new face on TV sitting at her desk at Downing street telling us to stay at home, wear your masks, get your Booster, Krankie Sturgeon will be glad to be back on her daily soap box along with her Covid expert who is actually a Dentist but don't worry Multimillionaire money expert Martin Lewis will be telling the Public to wear sleeping bags, bin liners to keep warm and Doctor Hillary will be so happy he is back on Lorraine Kelly daily  talking bollocks about Covid and Hypothermia.

Lots to look forward to this winter 🙄

Edited by Greenhulk50
Add
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2022 at 9:07 PM, Greenhulk50 said:

Yes Flu will be back in the Winter but like before they will say it's Covid and Liz Truss will be the new face on TV sitting at her desk at Downing street telling us to stay at home, wear your masks, get your Booster, Krankie Sturgeon will be glad to be back on her daily soap box along with her Covid expert who is actually a Dentist but don't worry Multimillionaire money expert Martin Lewis will be telling the Public to wear sleeping bags, bin liners to keep warm and Doctor Hillary will be so happy he is back on Lorraine Kelly daily  talking bollocks about Covid and Hypothermia.

Lots to look forward to this winter 🙄

King Charles III will be on the telescreens going on ad nauseam, do what I say, not as I do, about making personal sacrifices to combat global warming, climate change, the war in Ukraine and the energy crisis caused by bad cop Putin etc.

• Like 1