Yes They Are DELETING The Internet, And Its WAY Worse Than You Think

Truthblast

17 hours ago, Grumpy Owl said:

Search engines today are nothing of the sort.

They used to just be an 'index of the internet', you could search for anything and as long as your search terms matched, any web page would be listed.

Now its all driven by money. I get bombarded with spam emails every day from people offering 'SEO services' and offering to get our website at work into the "top ten" Google search results.

It is near impossible to do this organically now, as search results are dominated by who can pay the most for certain 'keywords', ie 'pay-per-click'.

And of course it is only big corporate businesses who have the kind of financial firepower required in order to 'outbid' everyone else and get their pages ranked higher than everybody else.

If you're shopping for products, its always the same Amazon and eBay listings that appear at the top, then other big companies such as Argos, Wayfair etc.

And if you're searching for news topics, its always the same mainstream media outlets that come up. No wonder the likes of Reach Plc spam exactly the same news stories across all their platforms, its a universal way of ensuring the 'official narrative' of any given topic is followed.

And of course it is well known that the likes of Google can easily 'black-hole' certain websites from appearing in search results at all.

Something curious I have always found though is that of all the many articles I have written on my own website, there is only one that gathers a large number of views on a consistent basis, it is also by far the 'most viewed' page on my site.

Try doing a search for the term "turkish barbers" on DuckDuckGo, Google and Bing.

You'll notice that my website appears in page 1 of results on DDG and Bing, but not on Google.

In fact remarkably, on Bing, the link to my website is contained in the very first search result!

image.png.6fa4d99dde9676a1e86488ec68a4d73b.png

😎

Interesting perspective. I knew that Google could make it difficult to find certain websites but I didn't know they could make it impossible.

Also, as regards the Turkish barber thing, I've wondered about that phenomenon myself. In my hometown, which is very small, there are two Turkish barbers. Also on one street, there is a Turkish bakery, a Barbers, and a flower shop all run by Turkish people, all side by side.

• Like 1