Am Looking for own usage Free (pref OpenSouce) Email Account -user friendly- (simple personal email basicly)

TetraG

After a lot of research I found that Proton Mail is probably one of the best.  I also use their VPN service.  You can use both for free or pay for upgrades.  I’ve just been using the free services with no issues.

https://proton.me/

check out the site and research it to see if it meets your needs.  Hope this helps.

If you just want something simple without all knowing a whole load of tech the mailfence.com offers free encrypted email

or there Tutanota, also free

Mailfence does not do push notifications unless you pay for it ( meaning you have to log in to collect mail its not sent )

Ive used it for a couple of years with no issue. I connect it to all my fake accounts ;-)

Posted (edited)

Hello all.... I fell off web wagon for a few days (about a week), so anyways, I am back to answer all your questions, sorry, so YOU all can answer my questions... JJJ/ KKK !!!!!!!! but whatever the truth there, yes my web connection was in a way suspended (except no issue with provider) in a no-mans land due to my previous mobile dying on me.....Got back on now using an altogether "other phone"..... 

I will read about Enigma's post if I can enlarge it big enough to read, (tried already, a bit hard, but works just about if you include a magnifying glass, along with your overall screen enlarger, using where the mag' is needed, a handheld and then of course there's that same function by some app that probably most people have which again works as a magnifier also).....

Well, ANY stories like that about Proton Mail could proove interesting, as who doesn't like finding holes in solutions 😧🤔...  I've already read the word "criminals" ... as noted in that Enigmatic post, how reassuring 😈😩... Lol.

Edited by TetraG
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, TetraG said:

I will read about Enigma's post if I can enlarge it big enough to read,

https://i.ibb.co/1vY2jLz/hr1.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/jWcZjty/hr2.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/k6tfT9Z/hr3.png

I haven't looked into all this so I can't confirm it all. It's just something I noticed anons sharings in some tech thread a while back. I uploaded the images to an image hosting site, maybe you can zoom in better on those.

On 8/15/2022 at 8:55 PM, Grumpy Owl said:

Many of these email service providers offer users 'free' accounts, which for many people is 'great', but there are hidden caveats - ie if you use the website to view your emails you're often 'delivered' advertising in between your emails, also the question of 'how secure are your emails' if they can be monitored or 'spied-upon' by these services.

Anything that is advertised as "free" usually comes at some other hidden cost.

I reiterate this point I made earlier, any email service that claims to be 'free' (Ie no cost) always comes with conditions attached.

They are always also 'easy to set up', so can be seen as 'convenient' - hey presto, just like that, you have a 'free' email account.

Anyone who is really concerned about privacy of emails should not be relying on 'free services' to do so.

There's a lot more effort involved, as well as some cost, but if you're really concerned about your email communications you can always set up your very own private email server on a local PC running Linux, using the open-source Dovecot and Exim mail softwares.

• Like 2

On 8/25/2022 at 5:46 PM, EnigmaticWorld said:

https://i.ibb.co/1vY2jLz/hr1.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/jWcZjty/hr2.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/k6tfT9Z/hr3.png

I haven't looked into all this so I can't confirm it all. It's just something I noticed anons sharings in some tech thread a while back. I uploaded the images to an image hosting site, maybe you can zoom in better on those.

I saw your post already, THIS ONE, but only now have clicked on the images, and sorry none of them work. Server Error is all we get, but at least you tried...

1 minute ago, TetraG said:

I saw your post already, THIS ONE, but only now have clicked on the images, and sorry none of them work. Server Error is all we get, but at least you tried...

The images work, I just tested them all, maybe its your browser blocking popups or some such?

They are all about Proton Mail not being very safe, so much so that even the staff who work there do not use it.

To be honest, I personally believe it is way to late in this game to pretend that we are not already tracked and traced in everything we do. Its like shutting the barn door after the horse has bolted. Additionally, there was that black ops project in the early 2000's ( I forget the name) which stated that 'science' had tracked every human frequency on the planet. 

My best friend was a internet security expert, and, in a nutshell: 

if you have ever used the internet, connected to a cell tower, owned and used a mobile phone, used any kind of social media, have a bank account or email, then you have already been logged and tracked multiple times.

Folks do seem to forget that we have never really owned this tech. It was all supplied to us and runs on a system which is government issued, therefore has tracking built in.

image.png.7b9c4e507c29f83863da74d7b986993f.png

• Thanks 1

On 8/26/2022 at 2:39 PM, Grumpy Owl said:

I reiterate this point I made earlier, any email service that claims to be 'free' (Ie no cost) always comes with conditions attached.

They are always also 'easy to set up', so can be seen as 'convenient' - hey presto, just like that, you have a 'free' email account.

Anyone who is really concerned about privacy of emails should not be relying on 'free services' to do so.

There's a lot more effort involved, as well as some cost, but if you're really concerned about your email communications you can always set up your very own private email server on a local PC running Linux, using the open-source Dovecot and Exim mail softwares.

like the safe home server Hillary Clinton used? 😆

• Confused 1

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

Was gonna post this in mental health thread, but I am sticking it here, as that's just what I feel like, my thread anyway...🙂

I will be off a few short days coz of a regular tech/subscription/data issue which I aim to fix simply by getting myself an email address sorted -- Now without boring everyone what to say there is I'm thinking of trialing a service where if anyone wants to know what that is, sorry buuuut please avoid PMing me to ask atm with my AS USUAL FULL INBOX, (will share with members later perhaps, not now).... So yeah I am not posting here now as I don't wanna signpost wrongful agents of noseyness to where I might sign up, even temporarily- when I come close to a decision or when I just feel like shit and get a bit over the top paranoid..... but until that can be sorted so my provider can assign me good again with larger data to come, it's good to get offline in those interim days for the time being before my mobile data starts top down again. 

Btw~ Bigger data DOESN'T mean to me sucking up by paying more, or slaving to online narratives as I will only be splashing a mere £2 more but will get THREE times as much data from THREE if I press for it (*already proven grantable deal*)...
So, point being, this does not effect my will to enjoy OFFline life as much as ON, is all I'm trying to get across here! = A good thing for everyone to remember I feel. As a sort of motif for life and all. 

Cheers, enjoy life...... and get on over to the Mental Health thread if anyone cares to join in.... or hang out, lol >🦥

https://forum.davidicke.com/index.php?/topic/11061-tips-for-mental-health-during-this-time/#comment-452257

Edited by TetraG