Jump to content

Truly BIZARRE Information About Microsoft WINDOWS


Truthblast
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, webtrekker said:

 

Please, don't! You'll have me turning into one of them Conspiracy Theorists! 🤣

 

 

 

 

Those conspiracy guys are crazy. They see meaningless numbers like 33 everywhere and get triggered.

 

They also think the Rothschilds own all banks in London and such.

 

In actual fact, the Rothschilds lost most of their fortune in the early 20th Century, and today make their living from selling home gardening supplies in Holland mostly.

 

Then there is the lizards thing.

 

They believe that a 300 IQ Gecko from a Bioweapons lab inside a UFO in Nevada sits in Klaus Schwab's office all day, and tells him what to do.

 

Area 51? Conspiracy theorists deny that there is nothing but sand there. Tourists have been allowed to visit freely since 1950. They all become bored after 20 minutes and want to leave because there is nothing there. The Roswell nonsense was just two pregnant geese colliding in mid air and falling into a grease barrel at an abbandoned petrol station.

 

And 9/11 in 2001? They won't accept that Saddam Hussein had 19 Libyan National Airways Boeing 737s supplied by Mad Dog Ghaddafi turned into hypersonic remote control drones filled with rocket fuel, and personally flew them into the WTC towers from a high-tech shipping container in Alaska. His sons were next to him drinking goat's blood. They then escaped in a coal fired Lebanese Navy submarine so silent Western Sonar simply could not track it.

 

LGBTQ? Everybody knows that at LEAST 70% of the world's population is born LGBTQ since the dawn of humanity.

 

But they say its only 3%.

 

I pity the fool who believes a conspiracy theorist.

 

Oh look - the European parliament which does NOT look like the Tower of Babel has had a hole blown in its side by a 24 year old Morroccan man named Hassan Al Hassan Al Hassan Al Hassan Hassan.

 

Look at the CCTV! He had a backpack. A BLUEEE BACKPACK!

 

Experts analyzed his gait and determined that only Government employees in Tehran walk like it.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Grumpy Owl said:

 

Fundamentally it doesn't really matter in my opinion.

 

Every Linux distribution is based on the same core kernel code, with the differences being branding and the packages that are included.

 

There are various 'user interfaces' available in the form of 'Window Managers', and for many people its mainly down to individual preference.

 

Software designed for Linux should work on all distributions.

 

And of course its all open-source, and user-contributed, so anyone skilled enough can make their own custom Linux distribution.

 

I do know that question marks have been raised about Ubuntu, as apparently their parent company Canonical receives some funding from Microsoft. 🤔

 

 

 

Ubuntu and Mint are probably the best newbie experiences.

 

There is then a spectrum of distros through to thinks like Arch which you have to manually configure and even recompile to install. With Arch you can control what you get precisely, but you'll need to understand what you are doing.

 

Personally I'm now more into Manjaro, as it is highly functional and runs well on a rabge of hardware, i even have it on a Arm based laptops and a mobile phone.

 

My other goto is Kali Linux, that is for penetration testing, as i like to keep my home network secure.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

Windows = cored coded and backdoored in Israel. 

 

They can hack and take control of the operating system in a flash. 

 

I'm no tec expert but after a couple of frustrating years with Windows 10 I finally gave up and bought a chromebook. Works far better tho I can't say if I'm being spied on any less. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Campion said:

 

I'm no tec expert but after a couple of frustrating years with Windows 10 I finally gave up and bought a chromebook. Works far better tho I can't say if I'm being spied on any less. 

Which chip set does it use? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Grumpy Owl said:

 

Chinese 😫

I couldn't make my mind up, are you backing the one China policy, if have said Taiwan...... To split hairs. 🤣

 

Either way, I'm surprised there was no Israel office, but I reckon it's no doubt coded by them. They do Amazon products as well. VADs etc. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Campion said:

 

I'm no tec expert but after a couple of frustrating years with Windows 10 I finally gave up and bought a chromebook. Works far better tho I can't say if I'm being spied on any less. 

 

Chromebooks use the Google Chrome OS, which apparently is a "heavily modified" version of the Gentoo Linux distribution.

 

Much as in the same way the Android OS is also a 'heavily modified' version of Linux.

 

As to whether you're being 'spied on', I guess that comes down to whether you trust Google more than Microsoft. 🙄

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Morpheus said:

I couldn't make my mind up, are you backing the one China policy, if have said Taiwan...... To split hairs. 🤣

 

Either way, I'm surprised there was no Israel office, but I reckon it's no doubt coded by them. They do Amazon products as well. VADs etc. 

 

I stand corrected, yes they are indeed a Taiwanese company, however their chipsets are used in many cheap Chinese tablets and smartphones, hence my error.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, EnigmaticWorld said:

 

Have more what than I know, killer apps? I have a laptop that I put a Linux distro on, but I have hardly used it to be honest. I still use my Windows desktop most of the time for the Adobe software, and I have a massive Steam library. I should really just use Windows for normie stuff like gaming, Photoshop, and Blender, then use a Linux distro for browsing spicier content. I keep meaning to try a VM too.

 

It's a 'Q' phrase, and my attempt at humour which i am still working on🙃

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Morpheus said:

Windows = cored coded and backdoored in Israel. 

 

They can hack and take control of the operating system in a flash. 

 

Stuxnet was written to specifically target offline/air gapped computers by either social engineering or happenstance through thumb drives and such.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Actually, Windows 10/11 is based on incremental versions of Windows 1 which was released in 1985 if I remember correctly. I have a B. Sc. in Computer Science and I develop Windows apps as a hobby, mostly games using the Direct3D graphics API, and to program apps for Windows you need to know C/C++. So it would be practically impossible to use an unknown programming language as the programmers would need to know it and since this OS is built by a large team, they would need to know this language before being hired. And since each version of Windows was built on Windows 1 as a starting point, they need to use the same programming language as the first version. You just cannot rewrite everything from scratch, that is not how modern software is built.

 

The source code for Windows 10 is apparently several gigabytes in size. Those contain only text so imagine how many code files there are. Millions upon millions of lines of code. Part of the source code was leaked a few years ago and some who got their hand on it were able to compile it and got basic functionality. They also confirmed that it was mostly C/C++ and C# for UI.

 

But one anecdote I remember reading several years ago is that hackers had found a special hidden key in the OS that was named "Nsa Key". I still dont know if it was real or a joke but you can imagine the plausible possibilities of the NSA spying on the OS users.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A while back, I had some problems with Windows 10, on one of my old laptops, and sought help via the Microsoft website, speaking to one of their tech supports. As part of the process, this guy was talking me through how to do a particular thing on my laptop, and when the problem wasn't resolved,

 

the guy casually dropped into the conversation that he could try and fix the problem by accessing my laptop remotely.

 

This conversation actually happened.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Ethel said:

the guy casually dropped into the conversation that he could try and fix the problem by accessing my laptop remotely.

 

This conversation actually happened.

 

There's a little app within windows10  called quick assist where you can grant permission to someone to connect your pc and have full control to fix it. It's called something else on 7 and i don't know if it present on older versions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Ethel said:

A while back, I had some problems with Windows 10, on one of my old laptops, and sought help via the Microsoft website, speaking to one of their tech supports. As part of the process, this guy was talking me through how to do a particular thing on my laptop, and when the problem wasn't resolved,

 

the guy casually dropped into the conversation that he could try and fix the problem by accessing my laptop remotely.

 

This conversation actually happened.

 

1 hour ago, factJack said:

 

There's a little app within windows10  called quick assist where you can grant permission to someone to connect your pc and have full control to fix it. It's called something else on 7 and i don't know if it present on older versions.

 

"Remote Assistance" is what its always been called. It's a tool that allows others to connect remotely to your computer, similar to Remote Desktop, but you have to send an invitation or grant access, others can't just log in of their own free will.

 

You do of course have to be careful about to whom you grant access, but in Ethel's case, if you have instigated contact with Microsoft support directly, then there should be an element of 'trustworthiness' already established. Of course, if you get some random phonecall out of the blue from someone claiming you have 'broadband issues' or 'viruses' and offering to 'help', then just put the phone down and NEVER grant them access.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Hermetix said:

Actually, Windows 10/11 is based on incremental versions of Windows 1 which was released in 1985 if I remember correctly. I have a B. Sc. in Computer Science and I develop Windows apps as a hobby, mostly games using the Direct3D graphics API, and to program apps for Windows you need to know C/C++. So it would be practically impossible to use an unknown programming language as the programmers would need to know it and since this OS is built by a large team, they would need to know this language before being hired. And since each version of Windows was built on Windows 1 as a starting point, they need to use the same programming language as the first version. You just cannot rewrite everything from scratch, that is not how modern software is built.

 

The source code for Windows 10 is apparently several gigabytes in size. Those contain only text so imagine how many code files there are. Millions upon millions of lines of code. Part of the source code was leaked a few years ago and some who got their hand on it were able to compile it and got basic functionality. They also confirmed that it was mostly C/C++ and C# for UI.

 

But one anecdote I remember reading several years ago is that hackers had found a special hidden key in the OS that was named "Nsa Key". I still dont know if it was real or a joke but you can imagine the plausible possibilities of the NSA spying on the OS users.

 

Thank you, you are a shining example of how 'modern' computer science graduates actually know very little, other than what they are programmed to think.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Grumpy Owl said:

 

Thank you, you are a shining example of how 'modern' computer science graduates actually know very little, other than what they are programmed to think.

 Why do you say that?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Ethel said:

A while back, I had some problems with Windows 10, on one of my old laptops, and sought help via the Microsoft website, speaking to one of their tech supports. As part of the process, this guy was talking me through how to do a particular thing on my laptop, and when the problem wasn't resolved,

 

the guy casually dropped into the conversation that he could try and fix the problem by accessing my laptop remotely.

 

This conversation actually happened.

 

My MD remotely accesses my computer at work when I get gremlins in it and I watch my cursor flying round lickety-split while he identifies & cures the issue. I need to give him permission by providing him with a code to allow him access each time. 

 

*Edit* That facility might well be common knowledge to you geeks 😘 but to someone who's no aptitude with oPC's, it was a weird thing to behold the 1st time.

Edited by Tinfoil Hat
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Tinfoil Hat said:

 

My MD remotely accesses my computer at work when I get gremlins in it and I watch my cursor flying round lickety-split while he identifies & cures the issue. I need to give him permission by providing him with a code to allow him access each time. 

 

*Edit* That facility might well be common knowledge to you geeks 😘 but to someone who's no aptitude with oPC's, it was a weird thing to behold the 1st time.

 

Come to think of it, I've seen it happen myself, I just can't remember where

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...