Truly BIZARRE Information About Microsoft WINDOWS

Truthblast

I've just been told this:

- A bunch of guys who are Computing Science graduates got together and tried to poke their heads into the Windows Operating System

- They wanted to know what it is doing - is it spying, is it listening, is it sending documents or files your create to the U.S.? Is it always watching?

- They tried and tried and found that it is PRACTICALLY IMPOSSIBLE to analyze how ANY ASPECT of Windows actually works

Windows appears to be written in a VERY STRANGE, HEAVILY ENCRYPTED AND STRONGLY OBFUSCATED PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE WHICH OFFICIALLY DOESN'T EVEN EXIST AND WHICH MAKES UNDERSTANDING HOW WINDOWS DOES ANYTHING PRACTICALLY IMPOSSIBLE

IT APPEARS THAT MS WERE SO OBSESSED WITH NOBODY EVER SEEING INTO WINDOWS THAT THEY WROTE IT IN A STRANGE LANGUAGE NOBODY KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT AND NOBODY CAN EASILY DECIPHER

THERE IS NO WAY TO SEE WHAT WINDOWS IS DOING AT ANY GIVEN TIME

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Truthblast said:

- A bunch of guys who are Computing Science graduates got together and tried to poke their heads into the Windows Operating System

- They wanted to know what it is doing - is it spying, is it listening, is it sending documents or files your create to the U.S.? Is it always watching?

- They tried and tried and found that it is PRACTICALLY IMPOSSIBLE to analyze how ANY ASPECT of Windows actually works

Windows appears to be written in a VERY STRANGE, HEAVILY ENCRYPTED AND STRONGLY OBFUSCATED PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE WHICH OFFICIALLY DOESN'T EVEN EXIST AND WHICH MAKES UNDERSTANDING HOW WINDOWS DOES ANYTHING PRACTICALLY IMPOSSIBLE

IT APPEARS THAT MS WERE SO OBSESSED WITH NOBODY EVER SEEING INTO WINDOWS THAT THEY WROTE IT IN A STRANGE LANGUAGE NOBODY KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT AND NOBODY CAN EASILY DECIPHER

As far as I understand, the core kernel of Windows is written in the C language, with many other components written in C++.

The source code is 'compiled' into binaries which run as 'machine language'.

Being proprietary commercial software, the source code of Windows is not available to the public, so unless you are able to somehow 'reverse engineer' the Windows binaries code, yes it will be difficult to understand exactly what the software is doing.

The funny thing is that the Windows core kernel is still mostly the same as that used in much earlier versions, and even the likes of Windows 11 retain many dynamic link libraries (DLLs) from older versions, hence why each new release just becomes ever more 'bloated', as new code adding new functionality just gets 'bolted' on.

I remember the days when Windows came on one CD (650mb) now it barely fits onto one DVD (4.3GB).

To be honest, I think this says more about 'modern' Computing Science Graduates who don't know any of this stuff.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Truthblast said:

Hmm ... I don't know. There are many, many high-level languages in which to write an operating system, but the bottom line is that computers only understand binary signals: 1/0, on/off, etc. Any hacker worth his salt can see what information is being passed on to external third parties via wifi, bluetooth, ethernet, etc.

I could write stuff in Python, C++, Javascript or even good old BASIC and, even though the code would look vastly different in each case each one would produce exactly the same machine code which would instruct the CPU, GPU, whatever to do what was programmed.

Edited by webtrekker
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Grumpy Owl said:

As far as I understand, the core kernel of Windows is written in the C language, with many other components written in C++.

Being proprietary commercial software, the source code of Windows is not available to the public, so unless you are able to somehow 'reverse engineer' the Windows binaries code, yes it will be difficult to understand exactly what the software is doing.

The funny thing is that the Windows core kernel is still mostly the same as that used in much earlier versions, and even the likes of Windows 11 retain many dynamic link libraries (DLLs) from older versions, hence why each new release just becomes ever more 'bloated', as new code adding new functionality just gets 'bolted' on.

I remember the days when Windows came on one CD (650mb) now it barely fits onto one DVD (4.3GB).

To be honest, I think this says more about 'modern' Computing Science Graduates who don't know any of this stuff.

Sorry Grumpy Owl, our posts crossed. In actual fact I was saying more or less exactly the same as you.

19 minutes ago, Grumpy Owl said:

Haha! They remind me a bit of TV repair people who are basically 'board-changers' and know little or nothing about how a TV actually works.

I asked a computer know-it-all once to show me how he would add together two BCD numbers. He didn't even know what BCD was! 🤣

Edited by webtrekker

10 minutes ago, webtrekker said:

Haha! They remind me a bit of TV repair people who are basically 'board-changers' and know little or nothing about how a TV actually works.

I asked a computer know-it-all once to show me how he would add together two BCD numbers. He didn't even know what BCD was! 🤣

I've never been a programmer or software developer, but years ago, I managed to get myself a job at an independent company that built and sold PCs and laptops.

Despite having no formal IT qualifications, I got the job through my own 'self-taught' experiences with PC hardware, following on from 'experience' I had gained from working for another local company a few years prior to that.

I was taken on on a 'trial basis' and given the opportunity to show what I could do, starting off as a basic 'system builder', my supervisor showed me the ropes but even after a couple of days he could see I was quite capable.

As well as the system builders, there were also teams that did 'software installs' and 'quality control'. The 'software installers' would basically load pre-built system images and then install any additional software required as per the spec sheet. "Quality control" would then put the systems through a series of 'burn-in tests', as well as check that things like DVD drives worked by playing movie files.

I found myself surrounded by a bunch of 'kids', fresh out of college, with their 'IT qualifications', yet I found it astonishing how many of them didn't know how to update the BIOS using a bootable floppy disk!

As you can imagine, within a few weeks, I had worked my way through the different sections of the 'PC Production' department and also got involved with the laptop section. To cut a long story short, after six months, I was promoted to the role of Production Supervisor, when he decided to leave.

I really loved that job, and probably could have gone further - despite my lack of formal qualifications - sadly it came to an end when the company suddenly went into administration, and all the staff were made redundant.

It just goes to show that practical experience should count a lot more than 'theoretical' experience gained from parroting what someone else tells you in order to get a 'recognised' qualification or certification.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Grumpy Owl said:

These guys had actually taken other software apart before using sophisticated software tools used for things like analyzing viruses and malware, or looking into software drivers, which is also machine language binaries.

They said:

- The tools worked to some degree only

- What they saw was really really strange, and DEFINITELY not written in C or C++ or similar

- They eventually concluded that it was machine instructions written in an obscure programming language which has never been made public

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Truthblast said:

These guys had actually taken other software apart before using sophisticated software tools used for things like analyzing viruses and malware, or looking into software drivers, which is also machine language binaries.

They said:

- The tools worked to some degree only

- What they saw was really really strange, and DEFINITELY not written in C or C++ or similar

- They eventually concluded that it was machine instructions written in an obscure programming language which has never been made public

Probably the only thing that is needed to know what the code is doing is to use a packet sniffer Windump/tcpdump, so without trying to reverse engineer the convoluted OS code, one only has to see what is being transmitted and to where, thus you find out why i choose Linux every time.

5 minutes ago, sock muppet said:

Probably the only thing that is needed to know what the code is doing is to use a packet sniffer Windump/tcpdump, so without trying to reverse engineer the convoluted OS code, one only has to see what is being transmitted and to where, thus you find out why i choose Linux every time.

Which version of Linux do you prefer? I have used a few over the years, its come a long way for gaming on now too.

30 minutes ago, TheConsultant said:

Which version of Linux do you prefer? I have used a few over the years, its come a long way for gaming on now too.

Fundamentally it doesn't really matter in my opinion.

Every Linux distribution is based on the same core kernel code, with the differences being branding and the packages that are included.

There are various 'user interfaces' available in the form of 'Window Managers', and for many people its mainly down to individual preference.

Software designed for Linux should work on all distributions.

And of course its all open-source, and user-contributed, so anyone skilled enough can make their own custom Linux distribution.

I do know that question marks have been raised about Ubuntu, as apparently their parent company Canonical receives some funding from Microsoft. 🤔

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Talking about Linux, I gave it a whirl a few years back but it never really matched my expectations. For all its faults, Windows has always provided me with the software I needed to progress with my own projects. This applies to Apple computers too, where the software I really needed was never available at the time I needed it.

Mind you, I have 5 websites which are  hosted on a Linux server that seems to perform flawlessly, so I'm not knocking Linux, just saying that it's not for me in the areas I'm interested in (coding, 3D modelling, and graphics mainly, along with practical projects such as sublimation printing and contour cutting).

All of my external gear, printers, cutters, etc just work in Windows, along with their supplied drivers.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Grumpy Owl said:

Fundamentally it doesn't really matter in my opinion.

Every Linux distribution is based on the same core kernel code, with the differences being branding and the packages that are included.

There are various 'user interfaces' available in the form of 'Window Managers', and for many people its mainly down to individual preference.

Software designed for Linux should work on all distributions.

And of course its all open-source, and user-contributed, so anyone skilled enough can make their own custom Linux distribution.

I do know that question marks have been raised about Ubuntu, as apparently their parent company Canonical receives some funding from Microsoft. 🤔

I genuinely dont think I knew it was all based on Linus' original Kernal. Some do lend themselves towards gaming and more niche tasks not sure what exactly changes there? generally speaking though I use windows most of the time because I am lazy

Edited by TheConsultant

30 minutes ago, Grumpy Owl said:

I do know that question marks have been raised about Ubuntu, as apparently their parent company Canonical receives some funding from Microsoft

Microsoft actually writes code for the Linux kernel and so does the NSA, it's all documented as it's open source.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, sock muppet said:

Microsoft actually writes code for the Linux kernel and so does the NSA, it's all documented as it's open source.

Please, don't! You'll have me turning into one of them Conspiracy Theorists! 🤣

• Haha 3

Max Igan has spoken about the screen of smart phones and computers as being like a scrying mirror of sorts and David has spoken about AI as being like raising a demon so if we put these two together we can see the screen as the portal to the place where the AI demon resides

If the 'agricultural revolution' saw many people pushed off the land and into cities and if the 'industrial revolution' then saw those new urban masses exploited for their cheap labour in the mills and factories then the 'information age' saw data begin to become a new form of currency.

In the information revolution you were supposed to:

-join facebook

-join twitter

-own a smart phone

-use google for all your searches

-use microsoft windows as your software

-have a youtube account

-pay for things digitally and not with cash

-begin to engage with digital currencies

This phase was really about starting to rewire your brain so that there was a dopamine feedback loop as you synched your consciousness with the screen. All the while you were doing that the artificial intelligence was studying you and learning from you

The next phase is the 'fourth industrial revolution' aka 'the great reset' which aims to actually merge you with the silicon consciousness in the scrying mirror by making everything including you 'smart' and interconnected

One way to prevent this happening is to refuse to do all the things they wanted you to do in the information age phase. If enough people refuse to embrace the informational age and instead become DIVERGENT so that they create an independent and separate community then we might just have a chance at heading off the fourth industrial revolution by creating something outside of the 'smart'-grid

The likelihood of people actually grasping this in large enough numbers and then acting on it looks, at this stage to be slim to zero which means that many people are now on a fast-track to full assimilation with silicon consciousness. What the implications are for those of us rejecting all this is yet to be seen but i don't expect to be left to go about my business unimpeded (that's an under statement)

Edited by Macnamara
  • Like 8

8 minutes ago, Grumpy Grapes said:

Microsoft was an unofficial offshoot of IBM, which had all sorts of government and military links, so the software was probably developed by the US military. 

Dirty Operating System, it was a gift to Gates to head up a new company, Microshit 🤭

Through his mother if i recall.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Macnamara said:

The next phase is the 'fourth industrial revolution' aka 'the great reset' which aims to actually merge you with the silicon consciousness in the scrying mirror by making everything including you 'smart' and interconnected

Mind Kontrol, through fear.

• Like 1

Besides gaming and creative software, is there anything else keeping Windows alive? Most normies I know often use tablets these days unless they're hardcore gamers or creatives. At least with desktops and laptops it helps to be a bit tech savvy, but smart devices dumb people down and hold their hands way too much.

I feel like smart phones have made people annoying and incoherent, to the point where having a conversation with some people is no longer pleasant. Their attention spans are terrible, they lose their train of thought too much like they struggle with complex mental work, and it's nearly impossible for them to not look at their phones every few minutes. I get that the slave class only needs to be coherent enough to perform simple tasks, but damn, people are so robotic. It's just a big empty sea of nothingness out there. It feels weird when the sun is shining and birds are chirping, then you have zombies walking around everywhere hooked on their digital cocaine, what a contrast. I know we joke about them being NPCs, but I know a lot of people that once had souls, and now they just tap on their phones and consume garbage. Sometimes I ask myself if they would even noticed if their heart suddenly stopped. All they have is their hivemind. Being disconnected from it is like death to them because they wouldn't know what their beliefs, preferences and thoughts are without confirmation from the rest of the hive.

Edited by EnigmaticWorld
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheConsultant said:

I genuinely dont think I knew it was all based on Linus' original Kernal. Some do lend themselves towards gaming and more niche tasks not sure what exactly changes there? generally speaking though I use windows most of the time because I am lazy

The Linux kernel was based on Minix, which greatly upset SCO who bought the rights to Unix and laid claim to Linux as a derivative, got to be one of the most costly fuk ups in history and just how aggressive a move was made to take control of the code by [D]ark[S]ide actors, threw a bit of Q in there :classic_rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, EnigmaticWorld said:

Besides gaming and creative software, is there anything else keeping Windows alive?

1 hour ago, TheConsultant said:

generally speaking though I use windows most of the time because I am lazy

You have more than you know, dam it Q stop that.

16 minutes ago, sock muppet said:

You have more than you know

Have more what than I know, killer apps? I have a laptop that I put a Linux distro on, but I have hardly used it to be honest. I still use my Windows desktop most of the time for the Adobe software, and I have a massive Steam library. I should really just use Windows for normie stuff like gaming, Photoshop, and Blender, then use a Linux distro for browsing spicier content. I keep meaning to try a VM too.

Edited by EnigmaticWorld