Strange/stupid ways to hurt oneself

XelNaga

Hi Friends,

Yesterday I was thinking about how I have done something stupid (but not intentional) that has left some permanent damage.

So I got the idea for this thread, where we can share our experiences, where we can learn something from other peoples mistakes, some things that we should not do, or should be careful about 😅

Now, this has happened to me. If someone told me that this happened to him, I would doubt that a little bit, it sounds strange/stupid:

I was having a cold, of course with sneezing and runny nose etc. Tomorrow morning I had some important business trip that I couldn't delay.

Anyway, I went to sleep and of course couldn't sleep, because of all the sneezing and blowing my nose constantly. It was somewhere around 3AM, and I was getting irritated because I can't sleep and yet I have to go on a long trip in the morning.

So, my nose was runny again, and I sit up to blow it, and I must have done that "too strong", and something "broke" in my right ear. It started ringing like crazy and the pain was sooo damn unbearable that I had tears in my eyes.

For the next 3 days, I was completely deaf in my right ear.

This happened in 2019. My hearing returned since than, but not completely. I can't properly hear high pitched noises, and I hear low pitched noises stronger than before. When I put my hand over my left ear, it feels like I'm inside a barrel or a cave or something 😅

Please, share your experiences 😁

On 8/12/2022 at 7:29 AM, XelNaga said:

Hi Friends,

Yesterday I was thinking about how I have done something stupid (but not intentional) that has left some permanent damage.

So I got the idea for this thread, where we can share our experiences, where we can learn something from other peoples mistakes, some things that we should not do, or should be careful about 😅

Now, this has happened to me. If someone told me that this happened to him, I would doubt that a little bit, it sounds strange/stupid:

I was having a cold, of course with sneezing and runny nose etc. Tomorrow morning I had some important business trip that I couldn't delay.

Anyway, I went to sleep and of course couldn't sleep, because of all the sneezing and blowing my nose constantly. It was somewhere around 3AM, and I was getting irritated because I can't sleep and yet I have to go on a long trip in the morning.

So, my nose was runny again, and I sit up to blow it, and I must have done that "too strong", and something "broke" in my right ear. It started ringing like crazy and the pain was sooo damn unbearable that I had tears in my eyes.

For the next 3 days, I was completely deaf in my right ear.

This happened in 2019. My hearing returned since than, but not completely. I can't properly hear high pitched noises, and I hear low pitched noises stronger than before. When I put my hand over my left ear, it feels like I'm inside a barrel or a cave or something 😅

Please, share your experiences 😁

Sounds like to me,You damaged the very small bones in your inner ear. Its fairly common,my sister perforated her ear drum while diving once and she was only at 10-20ft down. She took weeks for a recovery.

• Thanks 1

My own story is i was having some rough sex with an ex girlfriend and felt some fairly extreme pain from from my cock,only to realise i had some how snapped my foreskin. It was really painful and bled like a bitch. Took weeks to heal and i kept away from sex for a while. Still have the scar today,and that was 25 years ago at least.

Edited by Captainlove

45 minutes ago, Captainlove said:

My own story is i was having some rough sex with an ex girlfriend and felt some fairly extreme pain from from my cock,only to realise i had some how snapped my foreskin. It was really painful and bled like a bitch. Took weeks to heal and i kept away from sex for a while. Still have the scar today,and that was 25 years ago at least.

Damn brother, I can't even imagine the pain.

• Haha 1

Self harm is not a good thing, but there is a reason for it.

You can really destroy your ego with self harm, if you know what your doing, and you will never get it back.

So, be careful if you ever head down that road, as living without an ego in world of ego maniacs, means your going to be very different then everyone else.

Personally such things i will not talk about, but self harming yourself can destroy your ego. Ego is important to function in this society, and if you destroy it, you can be left very isolated as you will not be like others.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, andy1033 said:

Self harm is not a good thing, but there is a reason for it.

You can really destroy your ego with self harm, if you know what your doing, and you will never get it back.

So, be careful if you ever head down that road, as living without an ego in world of ego maniacs, means your going to be very different then everyone else.

Personally such things i will not talk about, but self harming yourself can destroy your ego. Ego is important to function in this society, and if you destroy it, you can be left very isolated as you will not be like others.

I always thought the ego was a bad thing. As it causes alot of pain on you.

• Like 1