Energy Bills increase to £4.266 a year !!!!!

Greenhulk50

8 hours ago, Greenhulk50 said:

Annual energy Bills to increase to £4.266

What the Fuck is that all about and what is the agenda behind this?

I think its scaremongering. Different households have different levels of energy usage, it is not the case that "all" bills will increase to £4266.

Yes, energy prices are increasing, that is true. Those most affected will be those on pre-payment meters or on standard variable rate tariffs.

I'm on a fixed-term tariff until September 2024. Yes, I'm likely to get a shock then when I try to arrange a new tariff, but part of me is still hopeful that in two years time, things might have settled down somewhat (or I'm earning more money by then!).

My direct debit only recently increased because I'd used more energy than in the same period last year, namely I'd used more gas due to the relatively cold spring that we had.

My combined bill for gas and electricity is currently running at around £800 a year, but then again I live in a 1 bed apartment. Granted, people with bigger homes and more occupants will use more energy, so their bills will be higher.

But the point is that not everyone's bills will be as much as the figures that get bandied about in the media.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Greenhulk50 said:

Annual energy Bills to increase to £4.266

What the Fuck is that all about and what is the agenda behind this?

Oh £4.266

4+2 =6 ...66

666 this number always pops up

I appreciate that Hulk, I just heard that amount on the news, let's face it they haven't stopped going on about it, and I wondered what messages they're sending to each other. I expect it's just a coincidence 😉

I look at it as a pre arranged sign / message / signal, or as a part of a spell or 'religious' ceremony.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Grumpy Owl said:

... But the point is that not everyone's bills will be as much as the figures that get bandied about in the media ...

Thanks for putting it into words Owl, I feel the same, there is no way they would tell us how bad something is going to be unless it suited them ... now it's to to scare us, to fill the media all day, and to set the stage for the demand for them to save us. 

I also despise how they steal peoples energy and semi force them to project their thoughts into the future. I believe today is where our power is. It really does remind me of the covid hysteria. I'm not saying it's not happening, but I've spent about a month listening to top of the range projections, with no balance, and no mention of smaller homes. 

• Like 1

It's a tool. They are pushing prices of everything up dramatically. They're generating FEAR by threats of completely unmanageable further rises as a way of getting folk used to needing (and being humbly grateful for) handouts from the government. Handouts of our own fecking money, which we are to be made reliant on them to strew about like Lady Bountiful. Universal Basic Income is only a small step away. At which point, they have total ownership and control of everybody. This is moving very fast indeed now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Tinfoil Hat said:

It's a tool. They are pushing prices of everything up dramatically. They're generating FEAR by threats of completely unmanageable further rises as a way of getting folk used to needing (and being humbly grateful for) handouts from the government. Handouts of our own fecking money, which we are to be made reliant on them to strew about like Lady Bountiful. Universal Basic Income is only a small step away. At which point, they have total ownership and control of everybody. This is moving very fast indeed now.

Exactly this! Gov could scrap VAT on energy. It could cancel green levies. It could reduce the tax burden elsewhere. Scrap NET Zero BS. There are numerous things Gov could do but they won't. What they will do is give handouts of your own money with caveats and strings attached. Problem... Reaction... Solution.

As for those on Fixed "cheap" deals remember if that "supplier" goes bust you will be moved onto a variable tarriff regardless of how long you have left on your fix. If SUPPLIERS (not producers) are losing money selling below cost due to fixed deals it would not suprise me to see companies reneging on those contracts with the full support of the regulator to "protect" suppliers/providers and prevent more company failures.

Interesting times ahead.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On Radio Lancashire this morning they had some spokeswoman on saying that people who are struggling must call their utility companies because they might be able to sort out payment terms. What nonsense. Most already pay monthly and those being stiffed on pre-payment meters (or the lowest income group who are already, as a consequence, paying a higher rate per unit, which is unfair) - well how can they reasonably be expected to pay extra for arrears while still being able to top up for current use! 

Utter tomfoolery!

And then it'll be a case of people hanging on the phone forever and nobody picking up, because they won't be able to cope with the increased calls.

But here's the crux of her message this morning...'do get in touch because otherwise, you will get a big knock on the door, and it will be debt collection agencies on your doorstep'. 

I can see things getting seriously nasty to be honest. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Observations said:

Yes indeed, especially when you know the goals, and to see it playing out. What an absolute con. 

It's the mental gymnastics of the sheeple that I find most interesting tbh. To see the sheeple try to make sense of what is happening and explain it away while desperately trying to ignore the blatantly obvious (that its a massive con/swindle) is amazing. The sheer capacity of the sheeple for self deception/denial is imho astounding 😂

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tinfoil Hat said:

On Radio Lancashire this morning they had some spokeswoman on saying that people who are struggling must call their utility companies because they might be able to sort out payment terms. What nonsense. Most already pay monthly and those being stiffed on pre-payment meters (or the lowest income group who are already, as a consequence, paying a higher rate per unit, which is unfair) - well how can they reasonably be expected to pay extra for arrears while still being able to top up for current use! 

Utter tomfoolery!

And then it'll be a case of people hanging on the phone forever and nobody picking up, because they won't be able to cope with the increased calls.

But here's the crux of her message this morning...'do get in touch because otherwise, you will get a big knock on the door, and it will be debt collection agencies on your doorstep'. 

I can see things getting seriously nasty to be honest. 

I'm not sure i see that happening. As you yourself has said this is a fear generating exercise. Liz will ride in as our white knight with unlimited Gov monopoly money to bail out the masses while leaving the middle who have a little extra income to get utterly shafted by their energy bills. We will of course accept this and thank our lucky stars the Gov cares so much to help out. When the (engineered) shortages come there will be vitue signalling like never before. The "war spirit" will be brought back to "get through this together" while MSN/Gov urges you to snitch on your neighbours for having too many lights on at night. The police will knock on doors ordering lights out dishing out fines for energy wastage. It will become taboo to use energy as it was to be unvaxxed. And the sheep will lap this up no end.

End result... UBI, carbon credits/energy rationing and digital ID's/CBDC's. Total control.

Edited by Covidiot
  • Like 1

I think if people take note of the covert encouragement of the media to join the Don't Pay movement, it will get hairy.

They do want us in debt, I think, so that we are beholden to them, and even now, while I am being very careful with my gas & electric usage, my monthly bills have increased by about £38 per month - which according to a text message I got on emailing my meter readings last week still isn't covering my usage cost at a time of the year when I'm usually accruing lots of credit to cover the winter months.

There are plenty who can't manage the increases that have already been applied. So despite thinking it's a fear tactic, that doesn't mean I think they won't actually go ahead and shaft people to the hilt 

Edited by Tinfoil Hat

1 hour ago, Covidiot said:

It's the mental gymnastics of the sheeple that I find most interesting tbh. To see the sheeple try to make sense of what is happening and explain it away while desperately trying to ignore the blatantly obvious (that its a massive con/swindle) is amazing. The sheer capacity of the sheeple for self deception/denial is imho astounding 😂

the virus, the war, the energy crisis

its cognitive dissonance overload for the poor sheep.

their heads have gotta go pop soon

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tinfoil Hat said:

I think if people take note of the covert encouragement of the media to join the Don't Pay movement, it will get hairy.

They do want us in debt, I think, so that we are beholden to them, and even now, while I am being very careful with my gas & electric usage, my monthly bills have increased by about £38 per month - which according to a text message I got on emailing my meter readings last week still isn't covering my usage cost at a time of the year when I'm usually accruing lots of credit to cover the winter months.

There are plenty who can't manage the increases that have already been applied. So despite thinking it's a fear tactic, that doesn't mean I think they won't actually go ahead and shaft people to the hilt 

IMHO the "energy crisis" is more about nudging people to self ration and use less energy just as you have alluded to doing yourself. It is a ploy to control the masses via energy. Personally  I think the energy crisis is aimed at removing freedom of movement (private cars & air travel) while getting the masses used to as you said state handouts. If you are reliant on the state for energy you won't protest and will take as many death jabs as you are told. Few will go without unless they don't dance to the Gov tune.

The idea that they wan't us in debt I think you are 100% correct however IMHO this has pretty much been achieved already. Almost everyone is now mortgaged to the hilt with PCP cars and numerous credit cards etc. The wider "cost of living crisis" will see that the plebs max out whatever credit they can access.

Ultimately the Gov will bail everyone out by firing up the printing presses and dishing out the monopoly money (£) until inflation tanks the pound enough that the masses will accept sorry beg for a solution! Which will be... *drum roll* CBDC's and digital ID's. It's then checkmate IMHO we can all see where this is going.

Problem... Reaction... Solution.

Edited by Covidiot
  • Like 3

This morning on talkradio they finally mentioned green taxes on the energy bills and I felt quite ashamed that I wasn't able to warn people enough about this over the years. When I used to try, it was so unspoken that I didn't even know how to prove it, and people still appeared to be living the 'high life', and too busy looking the other way.

I'm guilty of thinking; if only I can convince someone that covid is a con, then it will help to prevent debt / disaster / death, but I know 'they' used our awareness to keep us busy on that, while steaming ahead with the plan. I wonder, if 'you' could just pick one or two points, and really concentrate on those, would it make a difference? 

Bloody hell, it's mad having the insight, but still powerless to be ready at the right time to know what to do with it.

I'm concerned about the philanthropists stepping in to rescue us, or being so called forced to rescue us, in exchange for taking everything we own. I read during lockdown, that after the 2008 so called 'bank bailout', the Chinese bought the Waldorf Astoria, and I wondered what we would be left with after all this? Maybe no schools, parks, or local councils?

Do you know that song, I owe my soul to the company store? 

• Like 2

A guest just now on BBC;

The energy companies will already have plans in place. A lot of people in the government are going to learn a lot about energy and supplies very quickly. 

Oh, from the experts? What a relief 😉 

Edited by Observations

On 8/10/2022 at 8:40 PM, Grumpy Owl said:

I'm on a fixed-term tariff until September 2024.

Spectacularly well done.  I have one of those idiotic smart meters that show how much is being used. Just turning the kettle on sends it from a routine 6-8p per hour up to about 80p! In October, that will be 120p in January, god knows!

i tried switching once. i use 9k kwh gas and 3k kwh leccy

because the national average is 12k and 3k it would not let me use my own figures

to get a quote i had to use 12k and 3k

now they dont want you to switch. every site says wait until the oct cap

On 8/11/2022 at 12:12 PM, bamboozooka said:

the virus, the war, the energy crisis

its cognitive dissonance overload for the poor sheep.

their heads have gotta go pop soon

I do hope so. Its about time the sheep were kicked into reality, instead of hiding and avoiding taking responsibility, all their lives!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, bamboozooka said:

i tried switching once. i use 9k kwh gas and 3k kwh leccy

because the national average is 12k and 3k it would not let me use my own figures

to get a quote i had to use 12k and 3k

now they dont want you to switch. every site says wait until the oct cap

I've believed for some time that the comparison sites are just another scam, kettling customers around.

One thing I've learned from experience is to always get a quote based on the actual energy usage in KwH, rather than how much you currently pay.

And yes, I had similar experience last year, think it was August when my fixed-rate tariff was coming to a close and I was looking at my options, the comparison sites came back with "we can't find a better deal than the one you're currently on", well no shit Sherlock! 😅

I ended up staying with EDF, and signed up to a new fixed-rate tariff for three years which started October last year. My energy bill did rise from that point, and my direct debit increased from £45 to £58 a month. It only increased to £72 in June because I've used more gas this year.

Not ideal, but I have a decent income so its still very affordable for me.

• Like 1

Is this the next george soros funded insanity or a genuine call for us to stop the consumption of cow milk - as we know, the cows that give us milk are pumped full of hormones and treated badly, given anti-biotics when ill, part of me thinks there is a good reason for this - but, probably, it's just yet another reason to divide us on top of all the other bullshit.  So I say - (for now) another soros load of shit:

1 hour ago, sickofallthebollocks said:

Is this the next george soros funded insanity or a genuine call for us to stop the consumption of cow milk - as we know, the cows that give us milk are pumped full of hormones and treated badly, given anti-biotics when ill, part of me thinks there is a good reason for this - but, probably, it's just yet another reason to divide us on top of all the other bullshit.  So I say - (for now) another soros load of shit:

Surely they got arrested