Difficulty reading the print size of your books

Dave Foxall

I have purchased a number of Davids books over the years and enjoyed them greatly. However as I have gotten older I have really struggled to read the print as the text is so small and the font very fine. Is it possible to get you old book and the new ones as Audio books? If you could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. Keep up the excellent work you do David and all your other supporters. I really think your ideas and other like minded peoples are really beginning to get traction and I hope it's not to late. Best regards too you all and keep it going you have been a shinning light in the darkness for so many years. You have my greatest admiration Sir. Best regards Dave Foxall retired business owner.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Dave Foxall said:

I have purchased a number of Davids books over the years and enjoyed them greatly. However as I have gotten older I have really struggled to read the print as the text is so small and the font very fine. Is it possible to get you old book and the new ones as Audio books? If you could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. Keep up the excellent work you do David and all your other supporters. I really think your ideas and other like minded peoples are really beginning to get traction and I hope it's not to late. Best regards too you all and keep it going you have been a shinning light in the darkness for so many years. You have my greatest admiration Sir. Best regards Dave Foxall retired business owner.

I totally agree. I really enjoy listening to audiobook while outside doing things. I tend to absorb the info more. It also means I can do more at once. I don’t have time just to sit and read always.

Presumably it’s a cost thing though it would be a great idea to reach more people.

I resisted Kindles for years because I just love actual books, but my son bought me one last Christmas and I must admit that it's great for enlarging text. Audiobooks are smashing for relaxing with while you close sore, insomniac eyes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tinfoil Hat said:

I resisted Kindles for years because I just love actual books, but my son bought me one last Christmas and I must admit that it's great for enlarging text. Audiobooks are smashing for relaxing with while you close sore, insomniac eyes.

+1 for Kindles. 👍

I used to use my Kindle a lot until my wife took an interest and now I can't get my hands on it!

Never mind though, if you have a decent mobile you can install the Kindle Reader app or, more to my liking, the Moon+ Reader app. This does everything the Kindle does and more and is very handy when you find youself waiting around anywhere, eg. doctors surgery, barbers, traveling etc and can't easily lay your hands on a Kindle. The Calibre program for PC is excellent for converting between different formats (PDF, EPUB, MOBI etc) and for connecting to your reading device. https://calibre-ebook.com/

2022-08-05_00-45-24.png.6505d105c900006739342f749234b43d.png

BTW, one of the nice features of Moon+ is the ability to turn the pages from the corners, as in a real book.

Edited by webtrekker
  • Thanks 2

On 8/4/2022 at 11:09 AM, Dave Foxall said:

text to speech is worth a try for ebooks https://www.epubor.com/best-text-to-speech-reader-to-read-ebooks-aloud.html