England beats Germany to win first football tournament since 1966

Grumpy Owl

I hope ppl remember the players who were so brilliant throughout this championship. Not the reserve keepers who barely played.

I've never seen such a brilliant bunch of footballers. Just fantastic from keeper to No.9. And the regular subs (who I'm sure will eventually replace the starters. For all their experience, White and Kirby might have to make way for Russo and Toone on a permanent basis.

• Like 2

Yeah I wished I would have watched whole thing tuned in after Germany goal. @Anti Facts Sir I feel the same as you mate can't stand all the woke nonsense but I do like seeing the ladies getting into football, can't say it these days without sounding like a virtue signaller but it's genuinely nice to see opportunities for the women. Of course Alex Scott in the commentary had to make it all about her.

It was actually nice to see and the manager we have is she Dutch? Seems like a down to earth women. The lady (forgot her name) who took her shirt off and scored seems like a character as well. And then they were all dancing yeah man I liked that seem like a nice bunch and congratulations.

See that's the ironic thing I am no longer going to watch the mens football but I might actually tune in to the ladies now and then, that's coming from someone who hates feminism and the agendas. They wills of course try and make an agenda out of it as they always do. If it's kept as a separate sport it will be good but if they try in say 20 years time to mix it which I fear could be a thing then yeah no. 

Nope I enjoyed it tonight and then lifting trophy genuinely happy for them as well. 

I genuinely forgot it was on as I have been keeping our of touch of the general zeitgeist of everything mainstream last month or so.

Edited by Fluke

Pity whatever was happening at the end, all the joy and celebrations, had to have Ian fucking Wright droning over it. Glad I had the sound down. All these BBC cheerleaders are tiresome. I'd like to know what Emma Hayes made of it. She talks sense and has no agenda (other than trying to get Chelsea winning everything domestically).

Chloe Kelly is a great story for the media. She was out with a major injury for a year and she might have missed this tournament if things hadn't cleared up in time. In the build-up games her place was almost 50-50 but the boss saw enough to pick her for the final squad.

Same with the captain, who seems a lovely lass. Phil Neville played her for about 6 mins or something ridiculous, and yet the Dutch woman spotted her qualities and made her skipper. I love the way she strides out of defence with that elegance of hers and makes the through ball.

Biggest surprise has actually been Stanway. I didn't rate her much before, to be honest, and she was one of several midfielders in the frame. But with her hiked up shorts and driving runs, she's become the Bryan Robson of the team. That goal against Spain....

So yeah it's a shame the hype will really kick in now and we'll have all this crap about equality and the rest of it. But this is a special team, the manager is a bloody genius and it makes a change to finally see something so right end up with the fairytale finish. 

And FUCK YOU GARETH SOUTHGATE...see how you could have done it now?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Captainlove said:

Fuck this woke SHIT. Couldn't care one iota.

Women's football has been aroung for donkey's years, so I don't believe it falls under the umberella of 'woke SHIT' at all.

I only ever watch the European & World cup matches, and caught this game from just before our 1st goal.It was a good, exciting match, and a great result for the England team. 

• Like 1

Not much difference between the two sides, both look very Germanic, but it was Anglo energy that won the day, and now young girls all across the nation have some positive role models that will be household names.

I am a tad bit concerned about possible reverse psychology in the media narrative regarding the Euros. They must know that a lot of ethnically English men feel alienated by the mens team, and maybe the seething about the womens teams whiteness is to get men to turn their backs on masculinity.

That being said, I can't blame the lionesses, just the social engineers.

Edited by EnigmaticWorld

1 hour ago, EnigmaticWorld said:

I am a tad bit concerned about possible reverse psychology in the media narrative regarding the Euros. They must know that a lot of ethnically English men feel alienated by the mens team, and maybe the seething about the womens teams whiteness is to get men to turn their backs on masculinity.

or is it just that the social engineers haven't got their claws into the female team yet

maybe next time round the teams demographics will be very different....

just as how they put most of their attention on pushing women into fashion and vanity but then suddenly in the 1990's started doing the same to men giving rise to the 'metrosexual' male

will womens football be the next area of british life to be denounced as 'racist' and in need of being socially engineered through quotas into being more 'diverse'? Watch this space...

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Macnamara said:

or is it just that the social engineers haven't got their claws into the female team yet

maybe next time round the teams demographics will be very different....

just as how they put most of their attention on pushing women into fashion and vanity but then suddenly in the 1990's started doing the same to men giving rise to the 'metrosexual' male

will womens football be the next area of british life to be denounced as 'racist' and in need of being socially engineered through quotas into being more 'diverse'? Watch this space...

There will be a backlash, and questions about why women of colour don't feel that they can take their place at the top of the women's game. It'll all be grass roots and organic...of course 😉

• Like 2

England hosted the Euros back in 2005, which is when I first became aware of the women's game. Then they reached the 2009 final, getting thrashed by Germany (when the German team was still like a bunch of masculine butch women). They've also come 3rd at a World Cup, won Gold at the Olympics in 2012 and again got to the World Cup semis last time (despite Phil Neville's best attempts).

In that time, the "diversity" of the team has gone in the opposite direction to what you'd expect. In the 00s, half the team were black or mixed race. They've already tried to push that agenda, and it ended up a mess. A squad who played so poorly they couldn't even pass the ball. A lot of anger, resentment, claims of bullying and racism against coaches and players. 

Now suddenly all that's gone since the Dutch woman arrived.

9 hours ago, Tinfoil Hat said:

Women's football has been aroung for donkey's years, so I don't believe it falls under the umberella of 'woke SHIT' at all.

I only ever watch the European & World cup matches, and caught this game from just before our 1st goal.It was a good, exciting match, and a great result for the England team. 

I agree, women's football is pre-woke era, but they'll use this as an opportunity to masculate women for sure. 

Bit of a cheap shot as she was clearly caught up in the immediate overblown aftermath, but this was fairly amusing:

Speaking to BBC Sport, England great Rachel Brown-Finnis said: “Unbelievable. I'm tearful with joy.

All the years of players promoting the sport, giving a professional persona when you weren't getting paid. Today has made everything worthwhile. Well done England. The world is proud of you.
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Doc said:

There will be a backlash, and questions about why women of colour don't feel that they can take their place at the top of the women's game. It'll all be grass roots and organic...of course 😉

And of course those who have transitioned to the female side.

• Haha 1

This is unbelievable news!

Forget Covid!

Forget vaccidents!

Forget the fuel crisis!

Forget the cost-of-living crisis!

Forget the Ukraine war!

Forget Partygate!

Forget Gates of any description!

Forget Social Credit!

Forget killing Granny, alone in her bed!

Foprget the bloody lot!

This is MUCH MORE IMPORTANT!!!

I still can't believe it. My old hands are sshakin with exxcitement as I ttype this ...

It's true though, ask the Fact Checkers. Apparently, int the Women's England v Germany football match, a woman actually kicked a ball past another woman!

TWICE!

This is absolutely incredible, and will certainly go down in the annals of History (unlike the other stuff I mentioned above, which will be erased). No wonder the News channels are full of it. God bless them! They are true heroes! May they live to be 100 (unless vaccinated, of course).

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Captainlove said:

Can't wait for the first transgender football team coming soon.

Yes, but it won't be for a while. It'll trickle in over the next 10 years, and by that time the under 12s who've had gender reassignment surgery will be coming through the ranks. They'll probably get special privileges to do so.

I know some of the feminism is a bit laughable, but better that than castrated males taking over their sport. So from that pov, count me in as an ardent feminist. Continue to take your tops off if you like ladies, it won't get any complaints from me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, spideysensei said:

Yes, but it won't be for a while. It'll trickle in over the next 10 years, and by that time the under 12s who've had gender reassignment surgery will be coming through the ranks. They'll probably get special privileges to do so.

I know some of the feminism is a bit laughable, but better that than castrated males taking over their sport. So from that pov, count me in as an ardent feminist. Continue to take your tops off if you like ladies, it won't get any complaints from me.

I get the feeling we will never hear the end of this. Its like when livershit win anything.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shy Talk said:

Bit of a cheap shot as she was clearly caught up in the immediate overblown aftermath, but this was fairly amusing:

Speaking to BBC Sport, England great Rachel Brown-Finnis said: “Unbelievable. I'm tearful with joy.

All the years of players promoting the sport, giving a professional persona when you weren't getting paid. Today has made everything worthwhile. Well done England. The world is proud of you.

She's an idiot.Every England game was ruined by her "commentary". Never knows when to shut up. Only knows hyperbole and cliche.

1 hour ago, spideysensei said:

It;s the most "normal" team I've seen. Apart from the terrific full-back Rachel Daly, who's married to a female player from the US team, none of them have made a song and dance about themselves (and she's such a great player it can be ignored anyway). It's been refreshing. Will probably all change now. But enjoy while it lasts.

1 hour ago, Anti Facts Sir said:

It;s the most "normal" team I've seen. Apart from the terrific full-back Rachel Daly, who's married to a female player from the US team, none of them have made a song and dance about themselves (and she's such a great player it can be ignored anyway). It's been refreshing. Will probably all change now. But enjoy while it lasts.

The US women's team have made it all political. That awful harpy with the purple hair is about as annoying as it gets. I'm glad the England lasses won the pot. Now wait for media scum to warn us that white supremacists will claim this as a victory - if they haven't already.

• Like 1