BMW Starts Demanding USD 18 A Month SUBSCRIPTION For Heated Seats In Its Cars

Truthblast

Who can even afford a new BMW really. When you work out how much you lose in depreciation and how much interest you'll be paying on finance, you'll have lost half your money just by signing a piece of paper. 

I just bought a 2020 plate van of a young laddy. 14 months on finance and he lost over £9000 of the vehicle value.

Who on earth has 9k to burn every 14 months on a vehicle? What kind of average person is earning enough that they can lose that kind of money and still walk away with enough profit to make it worthwhile? That's a serious amount of money you need to make to cover your vehicle price alone.

People don't realise how sinister these vehicle changes are, they're shaping our future with stealth taxes on travelling, they don't want people on the road anymore, you only have to take a drive up the m5/m6 to see why.

Brain dead zombies hogging the outside lane. You can drive up the inside of 10 cars and they haven't got a clue there's another 3 lanes on the motorway.

Vehicles are our wings, they are the only way we can travel, when we want. They're taxing that ability so heavily now humans are giving up driving and selling their cars, only to go on Facebook and talk down on people who haven't yet caved and bent over, this is purely to seek justification for giving their own human rights up. 

Cars and bikes are something that I grew up around. Something that's deeply embedded in me, one of few things I really could not live without..

Joe Public would happily see me have to give this up if it made the government happy. So I got to give up something I enjoy for the rest of my life because somebody bent over for the government.

But if I want to have my cock pulled inside out and run around Ukraine with a fake pair of tits I've got their full support?

At least then I could sell myself on onlyfans instead of being a man and actually having to work hard in life to build a future and continue to work hard to protect that future from women who can only see a financial settlement for themselves. 

Life is shit now. Especially if you're a bloke. Watch how they put women on a pedestal and turn them against men, crippling humanity with sexism. Its not worth living anymore, prove me wrong. 

• Like 3

There are always ways to circumvent these functions on cars. My friend has turned all the  annoying things off on her car, for instance the stop start system which cuts the engine at traffic lights, downloaded the latest sat nav maps for free etc. But obviously the young kids have been conditioned to accept being charged for stuffs people who are older wouldn't dream of paying for. an example is streaming music, which is basically the same as radio apart from you have to pay for it.

I guess they will say well I just hire the electric seats for the winter months.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, factJack said:

There are always ways to circumvent these functions on cars. My friend has turned all the  annoying things off on her car, for instance the stop start system which cuts the engine at traffic lights, downloaded the latest sat nav maps for free etc. But obviously the young kids have been conditioned to accept being charged for stuffs people who are older wouldn't dream of paying for. an example is streaming music, which is basically the same as radio apart from you have to pay for it.

I guess they will say well I just hire the electric seats for the winter months.

Many things have gone subscription:

- Console games

- Creative software by Adobe and others

- A lit of engineering software is sub only

In the future:

OSs like Windows may go subscription

- Even computers themselves may be rented not bought

• Like 2

16 hours ago, factJack said:

for instance the stop start system

How anyone drives with that switched on I don't know, it's really annoying and surely it puts more wear and tear on your car, drains the battery and even probably uses up more fuel not less.  I hear them switching on and off at traffic lights all the time, their engine is literally off for just a few seconds sometimes, and by the time some people pull off anyway the lights are back on red!!!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Truthblast said:

- Console games

In the future:

Best thing to do is just play on the old consoles (the games were better anyway), run an old OS on your computer and never connect it to the internet!

1 hour ago, Nefaria said:

Best thing to do is just play on the old consoles (the games were better anyway), run an old OS on your computer and never connect it to the internet!

Depends on the game. Some games that I have a lot of nostalgia for haven't aged very well, while others still hold up very well. Triple A titles seem to have gone downhill though, and it seems like engaging gameplay is no longer a priority for the big studios and publishers. SJWs have taken over that space. It's not all bad though, a lot of indies still put out some quality games.

That being said, the lack of ownership does annoy me. Not so much on PC though if I'm honest because it's often a lot cheaper once you have made the initial investment to get a gaming rig. Adobe subscriptions probably bother me the most, but that's because some of the alternatives aren't great. For video editing and motion graphics software there are some good alternatives, but Photoshop still seems miles ahead of software like GIMP.

4 hours ago, Nefaria said:

How anyone drives with that switched on I don't know, it's really annoying and surely it puts more wear and tear on your car, drains the battery and even probably uses up more fuel not less.  I hear them switching on and off at traffic lights all the time, their engine is literally off for just a few seconds sometimes, and by the time some people pull off anyway the lights are back on red!!!

Stop start system

You need a new battery every few years and they are special big batteries some over £300

Funny how all the things which save the environment don't last 5 minutes

23 hours ago, Truthblast said:

- Console games

In the future:

"You will own nothing and be happy..."

• Like 2