How The Hell Does Science Know THIS MUCH About Distant Stars We've Never Even Visited? (Video)

Truthblast

I always thought the physics stuff and all this science lark wasn't all that. As a kid, I'd just roll my eyes and think, whatever, if it makes you think you're brainy to talk about huge solar system and all this detailed crap about planets. My distrust of "science" was there even then.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gregory-peccary said:

So you both distrust physics and science so much that you are happy to use products made as a direct result of physics and science to tell us how much you distrust physics and science.

Well done!

Yeah well distrust is not the same as disbelief. There's a difference between eletcrical relay circuits and the big bang.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Anti Facts Sir said:

Yeah well distrust is not the same as disbelief. There's a difference between eletcrical relay circuits and the big bang.

Yeah but there's physical evidence for it with the CMB. Whenever I hear people dismissing science my first though is this must be from someone who just doesn't understand how it all ties together. Now the only reason most people know the flaws in the current model exist is because very clever people have identified them using warehouse size data. I follow a lot of the cosmology lectures and online courses and I have to say that the complexity and thoroughness involved is beyond most people's comprehension. The OP question about knowing so much about distant stars relies on a full and consistent correlation with data and known effects. Yes of course there is what a layman would say is guesswork, but it's not some clueless individual guessing, it is an entire community working with enormous data from a whole battery of sources.