Jump to content

CERN (KERN) Will Run At UNPRECEDENTED 13.6 Trillion Electron Volts 24/7 For NEXT 4 Years


Truthblast
 Share

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

 CERN revs up again tomorrow:

 

https://phys.org/news/2022-07-large-hadron-collider-revs-unprecedented.html

 

Ten years after it discovered the Higgs boson, the Large Hadron Collider is about to start smashing protons together at unprecedented energy levels in its quest to reveal more secrets about how the universe.

 

The world's largest and most powerful particle collider started back up in April after a three-year break for upgrades in preparation for its third run.

 

From Tuesday it will run around the clock for nearly four years at a record energy of 13.6 trillion electronvolts, the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) announced at a press briefing last week.

It will send two beams of protons—particles in the nucleus of an atom—in opposite directions at nearly the speed of light around a 27-kilometer (17-mile) ring buried 100 meters under the Swiss-French border.

 

The resulting collisions will be recorded and analyzed by thousands of scientists as part of a raft of experiments, including ATLAS, CMS, ALICE and LHCb, which will use the enhanced power to probe dark matter, dark energy and other fundamental mysteries.

 

1.6 billion collisions a second

 

"We aim to be delivering 1.6 billion proton-proton collisions per second" for the ATLAS and CMS experiments, CERN's head of accelerators and technology Mike Lamont said.

 

This time around the proton beams will be narrowed to less than 10 microns—a human hair is around 70 microns thick—to increase the collision rate, he added.

The new energy rate will allow them to further investigate the Higgs boson, which the Large Hadron Collider first observed on July 4, 2012.

Edited by Truthblast
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Truthblast changed the title to CERN (KERN) Will Run At UNPRECEDENTED 13.6 Trillion Electron Volts 24/7 For NEXT 4 Years
1 hour ago, Truthblast said:

 CERN revs up again tomorrow:

 

https://phys.org/news/2022-07-large-hadron-collider-revs-unprecedented.html

 

Ten years after it discovered the Higgs boson, the Large Hadron Collider is about to start smashing protons together at unprecedented energy levels in its quest to reveal more secrets about how the universe.

 

The world's largest and most powerful particle collider started back up in April after a three-year break for upgrades in preparation for its third run.

 

From Tuesday it will run around the clock for nearly four years at a record energy of 13.6 trillion electronvolts, the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) announced at a press briefing last week.

It will send two beams of protons—particles in the nucleus of an atom—in opposite directions at nearly the speed of light around a 27-kilometer (17-mile) ring buried 100 meters under the Swiss-French border.

 

The resulting collisions will be recorded and analyzed by thousands of scientists as part of a raft of experiments, including ATLAS, CMS, ALICE and LHCb, which will use the enhanced power to probe dark matter, dark energy and other fundamental mysteries.

 

1.6 billion collisions a second

 

"We aim to be delivering 1.6 billion proton-proton collisions per second" for the ATLAS and CMS experiments, CERN's head of accelerators and technology Mike Lamont said.

 

This time around the proton beams will be narrowed to less than 10 microns—a human hair is around 70 microns thick—to increase the collision rate, he added.

The new energy rate will allow them to further investigate the Higgs boson, which the Large Hadron Collider first observed on July 4, 2012.

Who's paying for the electric bill? What about the climate? lol

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Captainlove said:

Who's paying for the electric bill? What about the climate? lol

 

CERN used to consume as much power as 300,000 homes.

 

Now its running at even more power...

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Athenry04 said:

What could go wrong?

 

Funny you should ask, i have a list here that will take a life time to read, but as usual i will be labelled a nimby and a Luddite, progress, is it forwards or just suicidal.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

yesterday I was stone and began thinking about the opening of the CERN.

 

then i started hearing weird noises. took off my headphone and the weird sound was constant. I said to myself " no way something is happening?"

 

then i noticed my cat behind me hanging 2 feet from my head drinking water with his paws 😂

 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Youknownothingbutyou said:

yesterday I was stone and began thinking about the opening of the CERN.

 

then i started hearing weird noises. took off my headphone and the weird sound was constant. I said to myself " no way something is happening?"

 

then i noticed my cat behind me hanging 2 feet from my head drinking water with his paws 😂

 

 

What the fuck was you smoking dude? and where can i get some lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, oddsnsods said:

 

 

This post pleased and horrified me in equal measures. 

 

I had independently noticed a lot of those connections highlighted. My offspring rolled their eyes when I told them the sensory deprivation experiments, including LSD and remote viewing were actually done for real. 

 

And when the LHC type device 1st appeared in Stranger Things, I said it was the LHC and there's no way they have invested all that money and brainpower to just 'looking for a harmless particle to get a better understanding of blah-blah-blah". 

 

My very clever children think I'm 3 sheets to the wind (their outlook is inherited from their dad) but I think playing with this machine is highly dangerous and volatile - they seem bent on unleashing hell. I know there are lots of other replicas of it in operation in other places throughout the world, but I hadn't known there are plans afoot to produce an even bigger version. Absolute bloody maniacs!

 

The fact that Stephen Hawking begged them not to do go ahead with this should have some gravitas.

 

I'd even noticed the co-incidence of the name 'El' to 'L'HC and wondered if the town's name was a reference to Stephen Hawking.

 

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Will add a new meaning to the 'great reset' when they fucking blow each other up. Scientists are dumb, they don't care if they blow the whole fucking planet up.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Puzzle said:

Will add a new meaning to the 'great reset' when they fucking blow each other up. Scientists are dumb, they don't care if they blow the whole fucking planet up.

I have wondered with all the satanic symbolism in the opening ceremony are they actually a death cult hell bent on the destruction of the earth.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Itsjaybigjay said:

I have wondered with all the satanic symbolism in the opening ceremony are they actually a death cult hell bent on the destruction of the earth.

Whilst I agree in one sense because of the symbolism.

I reckon more likely they will try to achieve something where control of the plebeians is easier to do. Manipulating reality for their own ends.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

They think they can control nature when so many of them seem incapable of controling even their most base of human impulses. It's Frankenstein's monster x a million fold folly. And the entire earth and all its occupants might be collateral damage - maybe the entire galaxy. That's how big a mistake I believe this tampering to be. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Tinfoil Hat said:

They think they can control nature when so many of them seem incapable of controling even their most base of human impulses. It's Frankenstein's monster x a million fold folly. And the entire earth and all its occupants might be collateral damage - maybe the entire galaxy. That's how big a mistake I believe this tampering to be. 

 

It certainly has the hallmarks of ending in disaster. Isaac Asimov could have wrote it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Itsjaybigjay said:

I have wondered with all the satanic symbolism in the opening ceremony are they actually a death cult hell bent on the destruction of the earth.

 

Stephen Hawking warned in 2012 that a DESTABILIZED Higgs Boson could destroy the entire universe.

 

Don't know if he was right or not.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

Who cares, what I want to know is why we are letting these psychos find out. 

 

When the first atombomb was made, scientists worried that it might ignite earth's atmosphere.

 

They tested it anyway. 🥸

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Truthblast said:

 

When the first atombomb was made, scientists worried that it might ignite earth's atmosphere.

 

They tested it anyway. 🥸

As John Lennon said: "the world is run by maniacs for maniacal gains." 

 

I happen to agree with him. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...